Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Ignore the circles which are probably wrong lol

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xkkzvnc0vm08c1w/Legal_MC.pdf
Whoever wrote this paper needs to get the facts checked... Question 14 is actually wrong (on their part, not yours) and actually made me have a bit of a giggle... None of those options are express constitutional rights... The right to vote is an implied right which was decided in the High Court on 2007 in the Roach Case... The Howard Government tried to ban all prisoners from voting... the legislation to ban prison votes was rejected by the High Court, however, it was not entirely rejected... prisoners serving 3 years in prison or more are still no longer eligible to vote... Since rights are universal, I personally don't consider there to be a right to vote in Australia... the last part is just my opinion but (many, many people would disagree with that last point)...

The only express rights that are addressed in the Australian Constitution are:

- Right to be tried by Jury,
- Acquisition of Property on Just Terms,
- Freedom of interstate trade/commerce/intercourse,
- Freedom of religion.

The Australian Constitution does address voting, the structure of parliament, etc but does not really mention a SPECIFIC! right to vote...

However, assuming the closest is correct... then what you have circled should be correct...

most of the questions are dead set easy... a select few of them are just plain stupid...

terribly written paper IMHO...

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Whoever wrote this paper needs to get the facts checked... Question 14 is actually wrong from six ways to Sunday... None of those options are express constitutional rights... The right to vote is an implied right which was decided in the High Court in 2007 in the Roach Case... The Howard Government tried to ban all prisoners from voting... the legislation to ban prison votes was rejected by the High Court, however, it was not entirely rejected... prisoners serving 3 years in prison or more are still no longer eligible to vote... Since rights are universal, I personally don't consider there to be a right to vote in Australia... the last part is just my opinion but...

The only express rights that are addressed in the Australian Constitution are:

- Right to be tried by Jury,
- Acquisition of Property on Just Terms,
- Freedom of interstate trade/commerce/intercourse,
- Freedom of religion.

The Australian Constitution does address voting, the structure of parliament, etc... it does not really mention a specific right to vote...

However, assuming the closest is correct... then what you have circled should be correct...

most of the questions are dead set easy... a select few of them are just plain stupid...

terribly written paper IMHO...
r u lawyer bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)