MQ General chatter thread (2 Viewers)

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Re: MQ General chatter and timetables thread (+ Conception Day!)

It depends. I know that some people are able to, and some people aren't. However this is, afaik, the best way to do it:

Ring up estudent and say that you want to add an extra unit, and fabricate some story which is good enough to convince them, but not so good that it means you'll have to get an academic to approve it. I said something along the lines of "I need to do this for my research next year in honours, I know I don't have to do it."
Incredibly late reply, but thanks. =p

I'm doing App fin and Accounting, so not too sure on the specifics, i'll just wait 'til I can ask an academic advisor.

X

xeuyrawp

Incredibly late reply, but thanks. =p

I'm doing App fin and Accounting, so not too sure on the specifics, i'll just wait 'til I can ask an academic advisor.
Definitely see an academic advisor if you're wondering about your degree.

However, they do not generally know about adding extra units; I believe most will actually tell you "no, it's not possible", when in fact it is by the method I described.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Its worse in a double degree, the both claim that you need to talk to the other department. When I transfered neither could help me sort out my program so in the end I figured it out myself and the only way I know I satisfied the arts degree is that I was able to graduate!

ascentyx

HSC
So.... anyone here doing mentoring this year. I got accepted to do the actuarial studies mentoring. so happy :D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I'll be doing ancient history mentoring, should be a good experience. Do they ever not accept people? Everyone i know that applied ended up getting accepted.

HSC
hey, hows everyone doing.

I hear you guys mention mentoring, is this like paid work or non-paid volunteer work?

Ah, and, who here is gonna stay up till 12:01am on Dec 18 to get results?

HSC
I'll be doing ancient history mentoring, should be a good experience. Do they ever not accept people? Everyone i know that applied ended up getting accepted.
When did you get the reply?
I'm guessing I'm one of the people that didn't get accepted... bad today for me didn't get a job and now this... sigh.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I got mine today, maybe they do it over a couple of days? Even if not don't let it get to you, shit times balance themselves out eventually.

@conquerdiscover, its just unpaid volunteer work. I doubt ill stay up, im nervous about it but i am enjoying actual sleep too much now uni is over =p

HSC
I got mine today, maybe they do it over a couple of days? Even if not don't let it get to you, shit times balance themselves out eventually.

@conquerdiscover, its just unpaid volunteer work. I doubt ill stay up, im nervous about it but i am enjoying actual sleep too much now uni is over =p
Yeah thanks, no I'm just slightly pissed that after going through 3 stages to get a job and wait for a week and the guy called in a 30 sec conversation that I didn't get the job. =/

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I know the feeling, i'm waiting on a call for a job i really need atm after going through 2 interviews, it will suck so hard if i don't get it.

HSC

ah ok cool. Yeah I probably won't stay up too, just check it when I wake up :)

Oh yeah, I guess people are trying to apply for jobs these holidays, same with me :p

EDIT: @ may-cat, what job are you trying to get?

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
any luck? I'm going for a job at this new icecream store that opened in Manly. Not fantastic but im well past caring tbh.

HSC
any luck? I'm going for a job at this new icecream store that opened in Manly. Not fantastic but im well past caring tbh.
Nice ! Ice cream stores are coool :shy:

Yeah I've had a bit of luck, one of the stores I applied for showed interest in my resume and yeah. Hopefully I'll get offered something.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
cheesehelpline, have you checked your student email? that's where mine was confirmed. alternatively if you go to blackboard there will be a new unit called mentoring101.

Tabris

HSC
Hopefully, this will be the last time I'll have to check my results......already started full time work as a graduate and God forbid I fail anything.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)