MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Re: MQ General chatter and timetables thread (+ Conception Day!)

Everyone just needs to ignore macca, to be honest.

HSC

hey who else is awake this early hour of the day?

trying to do some assignments >.<

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Hey, not doing assignments but unhappy at the prospect of having to get up in 5 hours to go to uni, i semi-enjoyed my holidays =[

HSC

oh =/

well at least you don't have any assignments, i have lots due next week =/

lucky though some of it is group work =]

yeah i didnt enjoy my holidays that much either :S

HSC

well anyways g'nite,

ill probably sleep soon, just gotta do a few more stuffs :/

HSC

finished sum assignments and exams .. tiredz :sleep::sleep:

a couple more to go :cry:

dolbinau

HSC
Re: Macquarie drops in world rankings....again!

Have any of you done PHIL134 and PHIL137? I LOVE how organised they are, and the lecturers (Jenny and Albert) are friendly etc...Wish everything could be like this.

HSC

so my exams start like in 1 month time...

i was actually studying, writing my notes etc since the start of the semester, until like last week where i had lots of assignments and some mid exams to do etc. was really tired so i took like 1 week taking it easy...now i seem cbf to continue studying for the finals :S

any advice? or others experiencing the same?

Atlas

HSC
N/A

lol don't worry I already accepted and learnt that I have to do more of the studies myself now which I already am.
LOL - eventually you'll start rationalising it all and attempt to say to yourself how much better learning on your own is and how much it's going to help you in the future etc etc.. until you :bomb:

dolbinau

HSC

well actually i'm starting to feel like that but fortunately so far only two subjects are like this so i can cope but when they all become like this yeah... :bomb:
What do you think the 1st year PSY units are like in terms of organisation?

Atlas

HSC
N/A

well actually i'm starting to feel like that but fortunately so far only two subjects are like this so i can cope but when they all become like this yeah... :bomb:
Eventually you will reach a point where you are just over the whole uni thing and you will just be numb towards the sub-standard tertiary educational experience you have to endure because Mq has shattered all your reasonable expectations and then it's all :music: and :party: and :rofl:

Roguey

HSC

whos started studying for their exams?
I started studying for the one i'll probably have to most trouble with (elec166) about 2 weeks ago. Can't really get into anything else at the moment, all the assignments I have due soon is hectic.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Hi guys, i'm thinking of taking a 300 level unit next semester, which i'm assuming is going to be a bit of a step up from the units i've taken so far at 100 level (with two at 200 level). I should have the prerequisites by next semester so thats all fine, i was just wondering what the main differences would be between 100 and 300 level subjects?

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Hi guys, i'm thinking of taking a 300 level unit next semester, which i'm assuming is going to be a bit of a step up from the units i'm i've taken so far at 100 level (with two at 200 level). I should have the prerequisites by next semester so thats all fine, i was just wondering what the main differences would be between 100 and 300 level subjects?
What area of study? I took 2 300 level SOC subjects in my second year and found it fine, the only difference was the word limits of the assignments (i.e. longer) as long as you have met the prereqs, it will be fine :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

What area of study? I took 2 300 level SOC subjects in my second year and found it fine, the only difference was the word limits of the assignments (i.e. longer) as long as you have met the prereqs, it will be fine :)
The unit is Aegean Bronze Age Archaeology, its nice to hear the word limits go up at 300 level, i'm sick of having to leave things out to fit 2000 words. So its just generally larger word limits and higher workload?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

The unit is Aegean Bronze Age Archaeology, its nice to hear the word limits go up at 300 level, i'm sick of having to leave things out to fit 2000 words. So its just generally larger word limits and higher workload?
This was in 2007 so keep that in mind but my 300 level arts subjects had 2500 or so word limits and a bit more reading but generally not too much difference.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Ok good, i was worried i was going a bit out of my depth. Cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)