MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

vds700

HSC
Re: MQ General chatter and timetables thread (+ Conception Day!)

AHST 101 is ridiculous. All the questions every week have so much required reading. I gave up on it. There's no exam so I'm not worried, but if there was I would have dropped. Are all ancient courses like this one? If so I'm not doing any more.
all u ever do is whinge and complain about things. What did you expect? Rock upto uni and they'd spoon-feed you all the info you need. If you can't handle it, then you should drop out

HSC

I can't decide! There are so many great Greek and Roman subjects to choose from. Though im pretty sure i'll be doing AHST270 women and gender in the ancient world and AHST272 classical traditions of thought. I was also thinking of maybe applying for AHST310 archaeological fieldwork, but i have a feeling that might be a bit ambitious for someone only in their second year...
hey may cat how long does your degree take to finish?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

um, i think with the usual 12cp workload its 4 years, but it will probably take me a bit longer as i don't do the usual 12-14 cp a semester.

macca1819

HSC

all u ever do is whinge and complain about things. What did you expect? Rock upto uni and they'd spoon-feed you all the info you need. If you can't handle it, then you should drop out
So, because I don't like one of the courses that I'm doing, I should drop out of uni? Aren't I entitled to my own opinion?

HSC

um, i think with the usual 12cp workload its 4 years, but it will probably take me a bit longer as i don't do the usual 12-14 cp a semester.
ah ok cool. mine will take 4 yrs to finish :lol:

HSC

So, because I don't like one of the courses that I'm doing, I should drop out of uni? Aren't I entitled to my own opinion?
problem is that it's not one course or problem but you complain about EVERYTHING! Go to counseling if you have that many problems.

vds700

HSC

Yes you are entitled to your own opinion....I'm just tired of seeing your posts bitching about everything to do with uni

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

There is an exam, but we get the questions beforehand, so it's not quite the same. And are you kidding? Each week we have to read online texts consisiting of about 80 pages.
80 pages/per week/per subject is nothing really. In my law subjects I have 100-150+/per week/per subject. Of course Ancient History involves a lot of reading, how else would you learn it, its not like its maths based and therefore you should be doing equations. Reading load does not make a subject crap.

macca1819

HSC

problem is that it's not one course or problem but you complain about EVERYTHING! Go to counseling if you have that many problems.
About what have I complained? I can't really remember anything about which I've complained.

macca1819

HSC

80 pages/per week/per subject is nothing really. In my law subjects I have 100-150+/per week/per subject. Of course Ancient History involves a lot of reading, how else would you learn it, its not like its maths based and therefore you should be doing equations. Reading load does not make a subject crap.
Yeah, but all of the pages are online. It's hard for me to read online, and I'm not wasting money on printing all the pages every week.

vds700

HSC

About what have I complained? I can't really remember anything about which I've complained.
WTF? Are you actually retarded?

"ban smoking at uni"
"guy at the burger shop was rude to me about being vegetarian"

macca1819

HSC

"ban smoking at uni"
They were legitimate concerns about serious issues close to the heart for many people.

macca1819

HSC

Meh, I have no sympathy. I generally have to buy more than one book per subject and they are usually at least $100 each. $500 for books is a cheap semester.
You need 2 textbooks for one subject?

HSC

"ban smoking at uni"
those are decent issues to complain about

like if smoking is affecting other people's health, then maybe banning it from the uni isn't such a bad idea after all.

and no one in the shops is allowed to be rude to the students just because they choose a particular type of diet.

HSC

yeah i understand what you feel, the work load is quite hectic every now and then. sometimes i even find it overwhelming.

we just have to try out best and just do what we can :)

vds700

HSC

those are decent issues to complain about

like if smoking is affecting other people's health, then maybe banning it from the uni isn't such a bad idea after all.

and no one in the shops is allowed to be rude to the students just because they choose a particular type of diet.
I disagree mate.

I don't think smoking is a big issue, there arent that many smokers at uni that I have seen.

And lots of people are rude in life. How does posting about it on here make it better? I say just get over it

Anyway enough of this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)