Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

Jasmiineee

HSC
- People who don’t indicate when merging.
- Stubborn drivers who refuse to let a learner merge in front of them, even though my lane is ending they still think its alright to accelerate past me AFTER waiting and making me think they’re going to let me in.
- People who don’t check for cars when reversing, specifically out of shopping centre car parks.
- Taxi drivers. You do not own the road, so follow the effing rules.
- Parents/other supervisors who let learners speed to 100km/h.
- Tailgating- all though I’m learning to ignore them, I just drive slower, prefer to be hit by them at a slower speed then trying to make them happy and then having to brake and BANG.
- When people stop at roundabouts to be polite or because they don’t know they have right of way, inconvenient to have 3 cars stop at different sides because one car confused everyone else.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
- People who don’t indicate when merging.
- Stubborn drivers who refuse to let a learner merge in front of them, even though my lane is ending they still think its alright to accelerate past me AFTER waiting and making me think they’re going to let me in.
TBH I think that's more because they waited to let you in, and then because as an L plater you may have taken too long and they got impatient. That being said, you're an L plater and they should respect that you are trying to learn. I also agree that I hate people in general who don't understand the etiquette of merging lanes. It's one thing if you know that someone purposely skipped the queue to cut to the merging point but for most instances it's a turn-based system. Why don't people get that?!

ps. Indicating is a big thing for me too.

- Taxi drivers. You do not own the road, so follow the effing rules.
Yep they annoy the heck out of me. So damn rude as well when you let them in. I can think of many rude things to say about them but I shall refrain because at the end of the day they still do provide a vital service to society... no matter how overpriced and insufficient their services are.

Tailgating- all though I’m learning to ignore them, I just drive slower, prefer to be hit by them at a slower speed then trying to make them happy and then having to brake and BANG.
LOL I'm always very scared of tailgaters because I know I can brake hard and fast but last thing I want is to deal with an accident due to some n00b thinking they can outbrake me in an emergency situation.

- When people stop at roundabouts to be polite or because they don’t know they have right of way, inconvenient to have 3 cars stop at different sides because one car confused everyone else.
Hahaha they're just n00bs. What does annoy me is when there's traffic blocked up and you can see someone just wants to go through/past (i.e. not into the traffic congested exit) so you let them through, but in doing so, someone cuts in front of you to the congested exit and blocks up the whole roundabout. Difficult to explain on a forum but anyone who knows about Cherrybrook Village Shopping Centre's single roundabout entrance/exit will know what I mean.

hectic_lowie

Banned
HSC
lack of indicating really grinds my gears

as does tailgating, fucking cunts, my car will stop in half the distance of yours. although i usually just speed up and put some distance between us, and if they try and keep up, i slow right down and either let them past, or if they are real fuckwits, speed up and slow down to piss them off, whilst maintaing a nice gap. once a cunt with a caravan who i let past, merged his caravan onto me, so i got infront of him and made him go 90 for the rest of the 200km trip, speeding up every time he tried to overtake

he got pretty angry, but he shouldnt have tried to end me

AJ92

HSC
- Parents/other supervisors who let learners speed to 100km/h.
To be fair, have you ever tried to merge on highways at 80 in a 110 zone? Thats just asking to be taken out by the other cars - its not nice, but it is actually safer to speed up in a situation like that.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
as does tailgating, fucking cunts, my car will stop in half the distance of yours. although i usually just speed up and put some distance between us, and if they try and keep up, i slow right down and either let them past, or if they are real fuckwits, speed up and slow down to piss them off, whilst maintaing a nice gap. once a cunt with a caravan who i let past, merged his caravan onto me, so i got infront of him and made him go 90 for the rest of the 200km trip, speeding up every time he tried to overtake
Just remember that doing so will waste considerably amounts of petrol. Better to just leave it at a set speed on cruise control :) And if they're tailgating you, just set it to a lower speed (after braking a bit).

quik.

HSC
TBH I think that's more because they waited to let you in, and then because as an L plater you may have taken too long and they got impatient. That being said, you're an L plater and they should respect that you are trying to learn. I also agree that I hate people in general who don't understand the etiquette of merging lanes. It's one thing if you know that someone purposely skipped the queue to cut to the merging point but for most instances it's a turn-based system. Why don't people get that?!
This.

I give people in general (not just L platers) space/time to merge, I even physically motion for them to do it if they are taking their time (riding a motorcycle my gestures etc are quite visible).

Some people are just stupid so I gun it past them.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
This.

I give people in general (not just L platers) space/time to merge, I even physically motion for them to do it if they are taking their time (riding a motorcycle my gestures etc are quite visible).

Some people are just stupid so I gun it past them.
It amazes me that sometimes people don't realise you've flashed your lights and gestured... oh well, they'll live and learn.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
I dont have cruise control and i have tiny little peugeot pedals with a clsoe ratio gearbox, also fuel is no worry becuase it doesnt use much anyway

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
people with fucking huge 4wds/trucks/vans etc that creep right up to the stop lines at intersections so you can't see traffic coming towards you

today it was a massive rig
more than happy that he has to wait ages for a gap big enough for him to turn right so i try to go left and chuck a uey at the roundabout 30m down the road
instead i realise he's stopped 50cm over the fucking line and there'd be no way to see what was coming short of creeping out in front of me
so instead i had to stop some 30m from the end of the intersection and wait for a gap then pull out and pray to allah that nobody managed to close it in the time it took me to reach it

fucking morons

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
When im waiting to turn right at a intersection, i dont think its wise to push in on my right hand side and try to over take me.

Im on a bike, i accelerate faster.

Jasmiineee

HSC
whats wrong with learners doing 100
To be fair, have you ever tried to merge on highways at 80 in a 110 zone? Thats just asking to be taken out by the other cars - its not nice, but it is actually safer to speed up in a situation like that.
A learner is restricted to 80 for a reason, why should they need to merge on a freeway/highway unless they are merging on to join the road? and even then im pretty sure cars are suppose to make room for anyone, and they can stay in the left lane doing their LEGAL speed. Seriously, im not saying they shouldnt, because when people get their p's if they've never driven at a higher speed, it'll be easier to lose control more so, but i still see it as irresponsible, you want them to follow rules yet you wont enforce the speed limit which is there for their safety.
On the other hand, on the freeway, i was in the situation where i had to overtake a truck, and to do so i had to go over the speed limit, but in the end i had to let him go infront because he sped up out of no where and i dont like trucks so they can always go before me hah.

Hahaha they're just n00bs. What does annoy me is when there's traffic blocked up and you can see someone just wants to go through/past (i.e. not into the traffic congested exit) so you let them through, but in doing so, someone cuts in front of you to the congested exit and blocks up the whole roundabout. Difficult to explain on a forum but anyone who knows about Cherrybrook Village Shopping Centre's single roundabout entrance/exit will know what I mean.
I don't take forever to merge, tbh, any bad experiences i have had with driving and merging have all happened when i've been confident etc. but meh, i just merge before lanes end when its safe, easier and no room for some idiots reactions then.
& with the roundabouts being blocked by some idiot, ah yes. i always curse at them, if i did it, i'd expect horns and insults but they dont seem to give a shit.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yes. Also, how is a learner going faster than 80 unsafe? Going fast on a highway isn't exactly dangerous - plenty of visibility, everyones going in the same direction.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
A learner is restricted to 80 for a reason, why should they need to merge on a freeway/highway unless they are merging on to join the road? and even then im pretty sure cars are suppose to make room for anyone, and they can stay in the left lane doing their LEGAL speed. Seriously, im not saying they shouldnt, because when people get their p's if they've never driven at a higher speed, it'll be easier to lose control more so, but i still see it as irresponsible, you want them to follow rules yet you wont enforce the speed limit which is there for their safety.

The way i see it, merging into 110Km/h traffic at 80Km/h (sometimes less dependent on the way the merge is built.) is dangerous.

Accelerate too 100Km/h to get in, then slow down safely to 80Km/h

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)