Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
i stated someone with less then 10 hours experience shouldn't be on a freeway, because i dont think it's safe with little experience
You know who else shares that opinion? The people that make laws. NSW is the only state in Australia with those limits imposed on learner and provisional drivers. Funnily enough, you don't see every single learner or p plater in victoria wrapping themselves neatly around a pole the second they top 80/90/100.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe you aren't as bad as others but there are always those who weave in and out of traffic at high speeds which do force us to brake. Maybe it's not obvious to you guys on cycles but as car drivers, it's prudent and only natural (if something suddenly swipes in front of you) that you slow down immediately.

... and that comment about cycles getting off the line quicker than me- not always. It annoys the heck out of me when they dawdle and then accelerate slowly. And don't get me started on scooters who think they are motorcycles.

Filtering and being a cunt are two different things.

quik.

HSC
Their prob not ours tbh

When people rage at me for filtering I love it, give them the finger or blow kisses and go on my way

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Their prob not ours tbh

When people rage at me for filtering I love it, give them the finger or blow kisses and go on my way
The pleasurse of being a bike rider, people can actually see you flipping them off.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The pleasurse of being a bike rider, people can actually see you flipping them off.
It's been very tempting to overtake and then slam my foot on the brakes to see how they like that.

Seriously though as a bike rider, are you not worried one day you will come across someone who can't control themselves and ends up ramming you? Car vs. Bike... Car surely will win. I'm talking on the streets- all it would take is for a car to speed up and then accidentally brake a bit late... it's their word against yours (presuming you're still alive).

quik.

HSC
I ride sensibly (albeit sometimes in a manner that others would call aggressively)

I'm still fairly surprised you have come across so many of these riders who apparently overtake then slow down. If I'm in the mood for getting somewhere quickly I won't be in front of people for very long before taking the next gap, let alone slowing down.

Bikes get sideswiped or shunted by drivers who 'didn't see us' all the time, part of riding is being responsible for your own well being. Whether you are right or wrong you will still come off second best.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
It's been very tempting to overtake and then slam my foot on the brakes to see how they like that.

Seriously though as a bike rider, are you not worried one day you will come across someone who can't control themselves and ends up ramming you? Car vs. Bike... Car surely will win. I'm talking on the streets- all it would take is for a car to speed up and then accidentally brake a bit late... it's their word against yours (presuming you're still alive).
In the L/P courses we're taught all that shit. Keep a buffer, know in what distance you can come to a stop from speed etc.

And lets face, car or bike, only an idiot doesn't look further ahead than the driver in front of them.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I ride sensibly (albeit sometimes in a manner that others would call aggressively)

I'm still fairly surprised you have come across so many of these riders who apparently overtake then slow down. If I'm in the mood for getting somewhere quickly I won't be in front of people for very long before taking the next gap, let alone slowing down.

Bikes get sideswiped or shunted by drivers who 'didn't see us' all the time, part of riding is being responsible for your own well being. Whether you are right or wrong you will still come off second best.
Mind you I live in the Sydney CBD and when it's peak hour, people start to do crazy things just to get home 5 minutes earlier (or to make it to work on time). I can't quite comprehend how they as a bike rider can risk their life for such a thing... and flicking off someone else in a much bigger car who could have a chip on their shoulder... the risks are tremendous. If someone really wanted to get you, it wouldn't be hard for them to especially if you aren't expecting a big kiss on the backside.

*shrugs* I'm sure I sound like a douche but honestly speaking, some bike riders really annoy me when they drive so negligently and irresponsibly and I can see it's only a matter of time before **** happens. Yes I believe in looking out for cyclists and motorbikes, and I do give way because I know they can go faster than me and aren't going to be a slowdown, but those which drive irresponsibly deserve to be penalised.

(note: I feel the same way about cars who weave in and out in a dangerous manner)

quik.

HSC
I missed the last bit about the car braking too late

But why do you think we filter

Getting to the front is nice (and indeed saves me a lot of time when commuting), but a big part of it is because no one is going to hit you from behind when they are already stopped

Ditto with bikes going faster than traffic around them, a lot of the times this allows us to control our space in traffic better instead of joe average merging into us doing the speed limit

There are a lot of things you just won't realise unless you speak to riders (and even then, won't fully appreciate unless you are one)

Edit for above: Regarding giving someone the bird (which I rarely do and only if they are being a douche) - they aren't going to catch me through traffic. I get to the front and I stay there. This would be especially accurate if you live in the cbd, no car is going to catch up with a bike that wants to put distance between them.

Last edited:

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i get incredibly angry at people who try to overtake me if im doing the speed limit

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Mind you I live in the Sydney CBD and when it's peak hour, people start to do crazy things just to get home 5 minutes earlier (or to make it to work on time). I can't quite comprehend how they as a bike rider can risk their life for such a thing... and flicking off someone else in a much bigger car who could have a chip on their shoulder... the risks are tremendous. If someone really wanted to get you, it wouldn't be hard for them to especially if you aren't expecting a big kiss on the backside.

*shrugs* I'm sure I sound like a douche but honestly speaking, some bike riders really annoy me when they drive so negligently and irresponsibly and I can see it's only a matter of time before **** happens. Yes I believe in looking out for cyclists and motorbikes, and I do give way because I know they can go faster than me and aren't going to be a slowdown, but those which drive irresponsibly deserve to be penalised.

(note: I feel the same way about cars who weave in and out in a dangerous manner)
I think all riders are a lot more aware of the risks they are taking. While in a car I'd brake etc more often than not on the bike I'd play with the bars and throttle. The fact is they're just taking advantage of better acceleration and maneuverability.

I used to get heaps angry when they'd nick through tiny gaps before I got my license, but really, they're sticking on the throttle to get as far away from the front of your car as they can.

EDIT: I don't think you realise how hard pressed you'd be to find a motorcyclist that thinks they can muscle a car out of space, let alone expect someone else to avoid them, regardless of how close they pass at any speed.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Set Up.

Also i dont filter, not enough room in Campbelltown to do so.

What shits me up the wall when im on the highway/freeway, its only two lanes, im in my left lane, a truck is slowly overtaking on my right, im as far left as possible due to truck possibly fucking up or something, and a fucking bogan cunt in a black ute screams up the service lane, nearly clipping me.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
push bikes being dickhead cos it gives real cyclists a bad name
Haha yeah, or the pushies with wippersnipper engines attached so they think they are motorbikes.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough. I guess better education of drivers would be a good idea.

As for the flipping the bird, I still reckon that's unnecessary from any drivers.

Jasmiineee

HSC
You know who else shares that opinion? The people that make laws. NSW is the only state in Australia with those limits imposed on learner and provisional drivers. Funnily enough, you don't see every single learner or p plater in victoria wrapping themselves neatly around a pole the second they top 80/90/100.
Why do you think they have these laws? to stop people from having accidents, the reason there are so many accidents is because people don't follow the rules, but yeah whatever, break the rules, i dont give a shit, im just stateing what i think. Im still going to be alive, unless some dickhead decides the rules are pathetic and breaks them and somehow fucks up bad enough to kill me or anyone else. And all that'll show is the exact reason to why those laws were made.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Why do you think they have these laws? to stop people from having accidents, the reason there are so many accidents is because people don't follow the rules, but yeah whatever, break the rules, i dont give a shit, im just stateing what i think. Im still going to be alive, unless some dickhead decides the rules are pathetic and breaks them and somehow fucks up bad enough to kill me or anyone else. And all that'll show is the exact reason to why those laws were made.
Did you not read that post?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm of the school of thought that laws are implemented to provide guidance and give instructions where common sense or natural conduct may not prevail. e.g. Without a 'right of way' then who's to say who should go first at an intersection.

Wehrmacht

HSC
People who block both pumps at a petrol station when there is already a que.. dont bother to move their car before they pay and then do a little grocery shopping while their at it.... i mean fuck off if theres a cue you can just move your car out of the way so others can fill up while u pay. to make matters worse as i moved in to take my turn and went to pay this indian fuckwit cuts in to the pump in front of me and parks me in and when i return to my car i ask him if he could move before he payed so i can leave but instead he called me inconciderate so i called him a stupid fuckwit and got in my car and followed him for a good 5 minutes with intimidating music on :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)