HSC
adv: 1/40........93
hx1: 1/11........100
ee2: 2/6..........95
mod: 2/30.......93
art: 3/11.........95
ee1: 4/8...........89
jap: 20/120 (OHS).........85~
ipt: 91 (2008 HSC) (i could have worked harder for this.)

school rank in 40s.

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
There are more ways into medicine than just a mark in an HSC exam. Don't put all your eggs in the one basket. Look into them all and don't kill yourself trying to attain something that you may just not get.

And enjoy your last year at school. It's never like this again.

And if you really want to be a doctor, it's not about going to the big status Unis, it about just doing the yards - so any Uni should do.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
it? as opposed to her?

you don't need marks. it's only ranks that count, to put it simply.
SORI MA BAD. i was looking at "nintypercent" instead of "dizzyizzy". sorrrrry.

i know dat rank plays a game but i thought dat marks plays a more major role den ranks?

so say if im comming 1st in chem n ma overall mark is 76%, does dat get scled to the 90s coz im comming 1st?

absorber

HSC
@zazzy: Maybe; depends on candidature, other peoples' marks and school rank. e.g., if it's out of less than 10 people then it's pretty difficult to say what you'll get; but 76% doesn't look that high.

@OP-mid-high 90s, probably not med but getting into med is more than a UAI/ATAR to start with so I wouldn't worry

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
@alcalder. It was a weak rhyme aimed at getting more people to read this. But thanks for your concern, you never know. Could top myself at any time.

@others thanks.

K

khorne

Which Uni? UNSW's median medicine entry score is 99.6 + UMAT/Interview...So it's a high benchmark

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
SORI MA BAD. i was looking at "nintypercent" instead of "dizzyizzy". sorrrrry.

i know dat rank plays a game but i thought dat marks plays a more major role den ranks?

so say if im comming 1st in chem n ma overall mark is 76%, does dat get scled to the 90s coz im comming 1st?
if you're coming first in chem, then you get whatever external mark the person that comes first in the hsc chem exam in your cohort for your school mark, so say you got 76% and came first, and then you also came first in the external exam with a score of 90, you'd have a school assessment mark of 90. the same works in reverse, if you get 100% all year, and then the person who comes first in the external only gets 60%, you get 60%. pretty fair system. i like it.

it gets a bit more complicated when you're not talking about first and last, but i'm sure i've explained this so many times, so use the search option for more info. it's your friend.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
have a fair chance with med, unsw, maybe... uws most likely.. thats about it from me =)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
it? as opposed to her?

you don't need marks. it's only ranks that count, to put it simply.
Technically, difference in marks between people (or relative difference in the cohort > ranks.

When schools send in marks to BOS, they never send in ranks - they only send marks.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically, difference in marks between people (or relative difference in the cohort > ranks.

When schools send in marks to BOS, they never send in ranks - they only send marks.
This.

Marks are then moderated according to difference between each other and how well the cohort of the school does in the hsc, if it does well means your school set good examinations, assessments etc... if it doesnt it means they were low level assessments and in that case marks are moderated down.

Now honestly rank 2 with 1% difference and you're on 70%, it wont help you will it? LOL

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

yeah, but for simplicity i just used that example, and said it gets more complicated when you have more than like two people.

and i was explaining it to zazzy, i'm not sure she has the capabilities of understanding a 'more than two people' example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)