Man (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i agree with that. when you're at home hair and things don't matter. i can understand you would use the same cleansers and whatever though

J

jhakka

Cleansers etc are for hygiene, though. That doesn't stop just because you're not going out. I still shower twice a day even if I'm not going out. Cleanliness.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah but moisturisers aren't for 'hygiene' but that would keep up as well (moisturisers were included in the 'etc' area)

berry580

HSC
Minai said:
What the hell is self-improvement? I dont see how dress-sense relates to trying to understand "something you dont understand".. explain.

Of course if you look good doesnt mean you are good. It means you look good, bingo, that's the point. If I spend 15-20 mins grooming, it shows that I take care of my person. I'm not trying to be a better "person" overall by looking good, I just want to look good dammit.

Making sure your body is good and healthy necessitates you to use products other than just plain soap. Soap tends to dry your skin out, so if you want to make sure your body is good and looking healthy, you'd want to use a moisturiser to replenish your skin, so you wont crack and peel, especially in winter.
Dressing good and caring your hair wouldn't make you a 'better' person, but merely make you look like a better person. But your motives behind that makes you dress good and care about your hair would suggest your trying to be a better person atleast.
there are basic levels of cleanliness that everyone observes...spending inordinate time making yourself beautiful should not be your most important priority.
Does your definition of "basic levels of cleanliness" include the use of skin moisturisers, nail polisher, dying your hair, etc?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
if you look good, then you feel good about yourself and begin to ooze out more confidence. First you get the confidence, then you get the womenz. Reproducing and hunting are the only purposes for a real man.

berry580

HSC
Jago said:
if you look good, then you feel good about yourself and begin to ooze out more confidence. First you get the confidence, then you get the womenz. Reproducing and hunting are the only purposes for a real man.
Well that's a somewhat primitive thought, although it works out, but things has changed.
You can substitue 'hunting' with 'making money', and 'reproducing' with 'seducing girls'.

EDIT: Because someone what the f---ed me.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
what the fuck is reducing girls?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
berry580 said:
Dressing good and caring your hair wouldn't make you a 'better' person, but merely make you look like a better person. But your motives behind that makes you dress good and care about your hair would suggest your trying to be a better person atleast.
?
Define "a better person"
see, if I wanted to be a better person in general, I'd go out and do charity work, adopt pets and go on missions to save the poor and hungry, not dress myself to look good - thats not the purpose.
I spend time grooming to make myself look presentable because thats the way I'd like to be seen in public, I'd like to be seen as someone that damn well takes care of their appearance. If you think thats excessive, then obviously you dont really care about your appearance. It has nothing to do with being a "better person", just a person who takes care of their apperance

Asquithian said:
re reading some of this thread made me think about the chances of minai waxing his bikini line...:|
I dont wear bikini's, so I wouldnt need to do that
does kimmeh prefer your's waxed? ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl, she likes her men without hair :|

muahhaha, poor asqy

J

jhakka

Why is your dislike of Minai brought into every thread you both post in, or every thread where he is mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Asquithian said:
Self improvement?...thats not self improvment thats helping the needy..that makes you a nice/ bleeding heart. Guess again. Guess again mr Minai you are off the mark...

WHY do you want to be seen in this why...you cant just say...'cos i like to'...WHY? Im sure you can go a bit deeper than taking the vain high ground and suggesting i dont care about my appearance because im asking you simple questions of your motivation...which you keep answering with ' i like to' and ' i want to'...you then follow it up by saying it has nothing to do with being a better person. Then what is it? and WHY?
...can you give me a base emotion or something other than i want to? or am i just banging my head against the wall trying to squeeze it out of people?
Why do I want to be seen this way? Because I want people who see me in the street to think "gee, he takes care of himself" or "he dresses well". THERES NO OTHER WHY'S ABOUT IT! The world doesnt have to work according to what you think it does you know Tim, just because you cannot concieve it in your head doesn't mean it can't happen! I spend time grooming because I want to exhibit a specific appearance, its the way I want to be seen. Thats it, or does that not satisfy you?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Asquithian said:
...im sure minai is happy with his justifications... but seems pissed off at me for questioning his justifications at anything but a superficial level...
Yes I'm happy with my justifications, because what else do you want me to say? I'm sorry, but I tried really hard to think of something else, but thats all I could come up with. Can you get it around that head of yours that things dont always have to be as complicated as you think - if someone wants to look good to exhibit a certain appearance to the public, so be it..there isn't some deep and meaningful insight into this, as you'd see it, abnormal behaviour. You're like a little child, constantly asking why to questions that need no further "why's"

tommy lamp has put it nicely - pride and self respect

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
1. Yes he does, and so do most guys
a) Self-Respect
b) Pride

nuff said
and from the response lots of hunniez :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)