Man (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm well i guess it relates to the topic in that some males prefer to be "smart and stylish" while some people appear to think you can't be both at the same time.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im of the opinion that for sure one can look smart and stylish without taking an overwhelming amount of time to do it in.

For day to day, where there is little need for such aesthetic looks, i myself dont take more than ten minutes usually, and 15 is just pushing it. Again as i said, its probably based on the socio-demographic, as i usually go out to skate or have a run or something which requires me to basically get down and dirty.

Perhaps moisturising body wash is a tad too much, as i dont see the need for a normal decent soap to be replaced, and really you might as well use a loufer and blow dry your hair .

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Perhaps moisturising body wash is a tad too much, as i dont see the need for a normal decent soap to be replaced, and really you might as well use a loufer and blow dry your hair .
I can't use soap cause I have sensitive dry skin, so it's not really JUST for making yourself look good or whatever.

I agree with toodz on the majority.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
well obviously medical conditions are exempt from this :p thats like saying "real men dont need medicine, and even if you have cancer flex and bare it like a man"

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
well obviously medical conditions are exempt from this :p thats like saying "real men dont need medicine, and even if you have cancer flex and bare it like a man"
Haha, bare cancer like a man :p, I'd like to see someone try.

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
iambored said:
interesting thread. i think it means being able to stand up for yourself and those around you, take charge and control (a level of machoness/strength/leadership is involved), being understanding and supportive, fair, logical and non judgemental. to be a man means to be mature, not get into petty arguments (as said before), understand people's differences and accept them.
dude...you just described the perfect person.

since perfection is unattained as yet, i claim that by your definition there are no people can be considered men.

is the pauper any less of a man than a prince?

berry580

HSC
lengstar said:
i'm curious as to what it means to be a man these days. this may be a related or not, but also, what is masculinity and what does it mean to you?
Well first, inorder to be a MAN, I mean 100% man. As in you have the 'correct' 'equipment' to pleasure the ladies.
I'm a relatively stereostype of guy, I reckon I should be healthy and strong (well build) so I can protect my girlfriend, also, I need to be RICH mean I need to do well in school for now!

the topic was fucked because everyone started talking about moisturizer and clothes
iambored got it right, except i would take out non-judgemental
and having a fat wang was expected
being rich has absolutely nothing to do with the difference between a man and a boy..?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Asquithian said:
I
Yes there is a level that is slobbish...But most people dress decently but some people take it too far to look good...going too far... spending heaps of time on your looks only shows a level of self obsession.

Why not work on some inward self improvment...why not try to understand something that you didnt understand before...

Just because you look good doesnt mean you are good...it just means you look good...from my view point it doesnt make it a better person. Its what is under the clothes that is often more attractive.

Id spend more time making sure my body is good and healthy than the outside.
What the hell is self-improvement? I dont see how dress-sense relates to trying to understand "something you dont understand".. explain.

Of course if you look good doesnt mean you are good. It means you look good, bingo, that's the point. If I spend 15-20 mins grooming, it shows that I take care of my person. I'm not trying to be a better "person" overall by looking good, I just want to look good dammit.

Making sure your body is good and healthy necessitates you to use products other than just plain soap. Soap tends to dry your skin out, so if you want to make sure your body is good and looking healthy, you'd want to use a moisturiser to replenish your skin, so you wont crack and peel, especially in winter.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
so technically everyone should wake up in the morning, not brush their teeth and do their daily business in their pyjama's, is that what u do asqy?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
so technically everyone should wake up in the morning, not brush their teeth and do their daily business in their pyjama's, is that what u do asqy?
I say look good but dont over do it

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
and if someone considers using moisturisers or exfoliating face scurbs basic cleanliness, it means there vain?

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
Asquithian said:
to an extent it does mean they are vain. We are all vain...its juts vanity seems to have become VERY important to some peoples lives.

Ask yourself how self obsessed you are? How much you care about yourself rather than others?
you can care about both you know

Winston

HSC
Asquithian said:
Ask yourself how self obsessed you are? How much you care about yourself rather than others?
But it's human nature to be a little self conceited either way, it's just how much you reveal it to people, some people keep it themselves, so who cares.

J

jhakka

It's ok to make yourself look presentable. Especially if it's a special occasion.

It's a bit wrong if you groom yourself for 20 minutes just to sit around at home, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)