Literally can't enroll in anything else :( (1 Viewer)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I got my subjects for next semester:

- MMAN1300
- MINE1010
- MATH1241
- ENGG1400

and I don't have to buy a lab coat :p

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait; if anyone is still reading this thread. D94 said the mine1010 is group work but it is online?!?!

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes, it's online and there's group work.

You form groups at the beginning of the semester on Moodle, and there will be group assignments such as the ASX sharemarket game, and mining methods powerpoint presentation.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well what sounds like fun. I am genuinely interested.

Hope exams are going well for you D94 ans thanks again :D

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, it's online and there's group work.

You form groups at the beginning of the semester on Moodle, and there will be group assignments such as the ASX sharemarket game, and mining methods powerpoint presentation.
We had some sort of ASX game at HS.

Though it lasted like a month and yeah a few people won or something (no prize).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What did you have to do?
Well in our school's eco version, we all have $10k, $5k had to be invested in two different currencies minimum and the other half had to be invested on shares in ASX.

That was pretty much it. We had a one hour window every week in class to write down our amendments.

In the end the people who won were those who had been watching the shares of different companies for a long time.

I went in going for companies that had a minimal decline and were starting to increase again. It worked well for most, except one company just kept crashing for some reason.

I think this went on for two months. In the end I lost like $30 out of the $10k and iirc some person lost about $700 and another gained about $500 (winners).

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well in our school's eco version, we all have $10k, $5k had to be invested in two different currencies minimum and the other half had to be invested on shares in ASX.

That was pretty much it. We had a one hour window every week in class to write down our amendments.

In the end the people who won were those who had been watching the shares of different companies for a long time.

I went in going for companies that had a minimal decline and were starting to increase again. It worked well for most, except one company just kept crashing for some reason.

I think this went on for two months. In the end I lost like $30 out of the $10k and iirc some person lost about $700 and another gained about $500 (winners).
That does seem like fun. Looks more business than mining.......

Was the 10k real money? :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That does seem like fun. Looks more business than mining.......

Was the 10k real money? :p
Meh it got boring after a while and everyone started making stockbroker jokes in the time we were supposed to spend in class.

Obviously yes.

No of course not.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
ENGG1400 same
and 200 or so other people :/

Some people were saying it is a bludge course but when I look at the outline it seems pretty intense

What's your other elective?

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Some people were saying it is a bludge course but when I look at the outline it seems pretty intense

2141 looked like the hardest course ever.

But I only need 20% in the final to pass :lol:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
2141 looked like the hardest course ever.

But I only need 20% in the final to pass :lol:
WTF!?!?!?!?!?! Where do I sign up

Aww have to do it 3rd year.

Was thinking if changing to electrical but have no interest in pursuing physics. (And I did 1121)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
WTF!?!?!?!?!?! Where do I sign up

Aww have to do it 3rd year.

Was thinking if changing to electrical but have no interest in pursuing physics. (And I did 1121)
To be fair I did smash everything. Other people did actually need about 40% to pass. Its just that I had done bonus labs, did really well in assignments and stuff, and the fact that I actually loved the course because it was the first real engineering one I had to do.

Actually 1231 does have all the good stuff for elec eng.

But 1131 was an elecs nightmare.

Had nothing to do with us. Nothing.

D94

HSC
N/A

It's a new course so whoever is saying it's a bludge isn't speaking from experience.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a new course so whoever is saying it's a bludge isn't speaking from experience.
Yeah that's what I thought. First time offered is sem2 2014. But the outline makes it look as though it is a pretty rigorous course (for civil engineers tho)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)