law camp (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Oh, and thanx Kini Mini for attempting to assuage my feelings of uselessness and failure with regard to thread starting. :D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
To reiterate what many others have said before.

The labor party no longer really represents labour
The liberal party is not
the democrats are anything but.

Dont judge a book by its cover, or a political party by its name.
Quite right.

Oh, and thanx Kini Mini for attempting to assuage my feelings of uselessness and failure with regard to thread starting.
LOL np :).

timmii

sporadic attendee
so when is unsw law camp?*

I need time to prepare myself emotionally for the mass-exodus of the presence of those unsw law-students...

*please excuse blatant attempt to return to topic despite the many rude attempts to inject politics and meaningful debate into what was otherwise meant to be a rather trivial and inconsequential post, designed to vent my disappointment at having been denied a camp...

kini mini

HSC
so when is unsw law camp?*

I need time to prepare myself emotionally for the mass-exodus of the presence of those unsw law-students...

*please excuse blatant attempt to return to topic despite the many rude attempts to inject politics and meaningful debate into what was otherwise meant to be a rather trivial and inconsequential post, designed to vent my disappointment at having been denied a camp...
Deprivation builds character ;)

(I've been wanting to say this to someone else for years cos my parents said "X builds character" to me all thru childhood :D )

No idea when it is, I assume they'll tell us in o-week. It wasn't on the law faculty page when I checked a week or so ago.

Ever think there might be a very good reason UNSW law people outnumber the USyd timmii? ;)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I asked about it when I enrolled today (YAY!) and they said I could find out all the info from the law society website (which I've been unable to find heh).

Law society office is also on the 11th floor of the law building - apparently we can drop in there for info once the semester starts too.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Aha! Well done Asquithian.

http://www.unswlawsoc.org/social.php

Proposed Events Calendar - 2003

Autumn Semester - 2003

Week Date Event

Summer 06/01/03 Pre-Law Program Welcome
Summer 23/02/03 UNSW Law Society BBQ
Summer 24/02/03 - 28/02/03 Orientation Week And UNSW Law Society Information Stall
1 06/03/03 First Law Drinks
2 13/03/03 Second-Hand Book Shop
2 14/03/03 - 16/03/03 UNSW Law Society Camp
4 - Annual UNSW Law Society AGM
5 03/04/03 Law Drinks With Dean
7 17/04/03 Medicine/Law Cruise
8 21/04/03 Staff VS. Student Sports Competition
9 28/04/03 Interview Workshop
12 22/05/03 Last Law Drinks For Autumn Semester

Spring Semester - 2003

Events to expect...

- UNSW Law Society Ball.
- Law Ski Trip.
- UNSW Law Society Dinner.
- Trivia Night (Pre-Law Program).
- Valedictory Dinner.
- Law Drinks.

Looks like we have some funky stuff planned. :gridnod:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Looks like you all will be having fun! :D

I'm so amused by the idea of the med/law ball - its like "lets perpetuate the stereotype"...Though with all the medical indemnity suits flying about, its probably in the med students' best interest to pick themselves up a law student :p

Are you going to unsw dance party on the thurs nite?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I only just found out all the details about UNSW o-week (here).

Yes... the dance party does look reasonably good. Especially the free entry. :p

Although some of the other activities look rather... odd.

Friday morning:
"Free craft materials to make something to take home to remind you of your first week at uni"

Wow, I haven't played with craft materials since primary school! :D

Soul

New Title...
timmii wants to go to unsw (joking)

Really Timmii! all this fixation with UNSW! and with the excellent social events planned for the NSW students!

You'd think that the Usyd students didnt have any social stuff being arranged! lol...I think someone here is angling for an invite;) ;) ;)

Laz? Asquithian? you want to help our deprived cousins out?

kini mini

HSC
Looks like you all will be having fun! :D

I'm so amused by the idea of the med/law ball - its like "lets perpetuate the stereotype"...Though with all the medical indemnity suits flying about, its probably in the med students' best interest to pick themselves up a law student :p

I knew we had a Med/law ball, but what's the med/law cruise? Is it the same thing? :confused: . Sounds alright though :)

After all these activities I'll feel a bit guilty about my big whinge over union fees :p

Lazarus Although some of the other activities look rather... odd.

Friday morning:
"Free craft materials to make something to take home to remind you of your first week at uni"

Wow, I haven't played with craft materials since primary school! :D
Indeed :D. I think the "dunk your favourite yellow shirt in the Dunking Machine" activity on Thu is even better, didn't Bambul say he'd be around? :D

Really Timmii! all this fixation with UNSW! and with the excellent social events planned for the NSW students!

You'd think that the Usyd students didnt have any social stuff being arranged! lol...I think someone here is angling for an invite

Laz? Asquithian? you want to help our deprived cousins out? ;)
Poor poor USyd students languishing at home while we have o-week ;)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
*rubs his hands together* Oh, this should be good. :D

Btw, timmii, a friend of mine says that USYD actually does have an undergradute law camp this year... apparently you'll be told about it during your first few weeks, or you can pick up a pamphlet about it from the SULS office (Phillip St).

That doesn't in any way redeem you for being a USYD student though. :p

loziscool:D

i've heard interesting stories about last years unsw law camp, if you're going i'm sure you will have a good time :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
What would u guys be doing if u didn't have me to torment? :p

I should be appreciated for having brought cohesion and purpose to the unsw law students on this site, and u can reminisce as u all sit together on law camp pretending u meet on exciting backpacking adventures during the hols :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
c2s - u r encouraging me to hijack my own thread!

I'm even lacking the creativity at the moment to devise some insightful question to return the thread to the rather flimsy topic on which it began...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
Where is said law camp?
It doesn't say there does it...but the length suggests it'll be out of Sydney somewhere to me. I hope so anyway, spending a weekend on campus is *not* exciting IMO. I'll just slip off home :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
Re: timmii wants to go to unsw (joking)

Originally posted by Soul

You'd think that the Usyd students didnt have any social stuff being arranged! lol...I think someone here is angling for an invite;) ;) ;)

Laz? Asquithian? you want to help our deprived cousins out?
Hehe you just know it wouldn't be any fun without me, and other charismatic* usyd students :p

And soul, i swear u mentioned something about avoiding the boards for a bit...? :D

*humility again... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)