law camp (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Anyone else devastated that usyd had eschewed this fabulous tradition of drinking and revelmaking among first years?

I've been sooo looking forward to it, only to discover that the law camp i thought *I* was going to, is for grad students only :( Words cannot relate my current disillusionment in the legal system!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Yes. unsw, macq, uts alllllll have it. I'm regretting my prefs atm. i mean, what else is SULS gonna spend its $100K budget on, if not on alcohol :p ;)

kini mini

HSC
LOL! I didn't know we had a camp! I wonder how much it is, I dunno if I want to go if it's a lot...

timmii

sporadic attendee
Kini, you have to go! it's *the* social event of the season, how will u ever be accepted without attending??? :p Besides, there are those, such as myself, who will be eagerly living vicariously through your experiences! Besides, Minter Ellison sponsors unsw camp, so it shouldn't cost too much :)

1 more

fructis
HSC
yay for law camp! yay for minters! good on UNSW!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more
yay for law camp! yay for minters! good on UNSW!
Lucky girl!!! :D I expect details as I pine away at home, not on law camp... :(

Maybe you can make kini mini enthusiastic bout law camp too?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You sure about that timmii? USyd had a first-year law camp last year... I'd be very surprised if they've suddenly decided to abolish it.

meanwhile I'm very much looking forward to the unsw one :gridnod:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Lazarus, I am dearly hoping that my information is incorrect. i reallllllly want to go!!!

Either way, u and 1 more should be having fun on camp together :) I'm so impressed you made the move, I hope you enjoy the course. Although I am feeling slightly betrayed, you did recommend the Harry potter surroundings to me in another thread :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, well, if that damned cut-off hadn't gone up, I would still be at Hogwarts/USyd. :p

nevertheless! I am certain that 1 more, Asquithian, kini mini and I will all meet at some stage... which will be insanely nerdy. No-one mention anything about meeting people off the net, okay? ;):D

Btw there are pics from the USyd 2002 camp on this site but I've not seen anything to do with the 2003 one yet (I only know about the UNSW one from... hmm... I think it was the advisory day lecture).

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Kini, you have to go! it's *the* social event of the season, how will u ever be accepted without attending??? :p Besides, there are those, such as myself, who will be eagerly living vicariously through your experiences! Besides, Minter Ellison sponsors unsw camp, so it shouldn't cost too much :)
LOL! :D

"Social event of the season" sounds terrible . Surely we get more than that in the season?! :eek:

Well, if it's subsidised I'll go, see James, Asq et al there :D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Yes, well, if that damned cut-off hadn't gone up, I would still be at Hogwarts/USyd. :p

nevertheless! I am certain that 1 more, Asquithian, kini mini and I will all meet at some stage... which will be insanely nerdy. No-one mention anything about meeting people off the net, okay? ;):D

Yeah surely we'll bump into each other sometime :p

Soul

New Title...
hahaha

nevertheless! I am certain that 1 more, Asquithian, kini mini and I will all meet at some stage... which will be insanely nerdy.
Did someone say insanely nerdy? lol i hope not!!! because i'll be there too!

The Soulman is doing law at UNSW, just not sure whether Arts or Commerce! (late round)

timmii

sporadic attendee
I think (hope?) Lazarus wasn't implying we *are* nerds. I believe he was making the pertinent comment that explaining to others that we BOS ppl know each other off the net, sounds well, less than cool. Especially since most "relationships" were forged during the holidays post-hsc, and for laz post-post-hsc. So maybe when you meet you can all pretend you met each other while backpacking through the himalayas or something?

*sigh* now if only there was someone here I *could* pretend I was backpacking with... :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
timmii has it right. :) I'm beginning to regret having been so convincing when promoting USyd. :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
timmii has it right. :) I'm beginning to regret having been so convincing when promoting USyd. :p
LOL!

I've been promoting UNSW all the time anyway :D

So maybe when you meet you can all pretend you met each other while backpacking through the himalayas or something?

*sigh* now if only there was someone here I *could* pretend I was backpacking with... :p
I don't know about you guys but one look at me and no-one would believe I could happily trudge around the Himalayas :D

Soul

New Title...
I agree with Laz, i wanted to go to Harry Potter Law for years and years, but got into UNSW instead! the DARK SIDE!!!

umn UNSW is modern so there! and its ya grades that count!

and Timmii, i was off-piste skiing in Europe, so i can say i saw u there! lol, no matter i suppose though, diff unis

Soul

New Title...
Of course its the better one!

Thats why we have 1st year camp! and Harry Potter? who cares about Harry Potter!!! evil is really cool in a strange way!

Last edited:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I'm not doing law but is usyd law taught in the cbd in york steet or something. near martin place???

Soul

New Title...
yep

the last 2-3 years are, the 1st 2-3 years are taught at main campus - its a 5 year degree combined undergrad, but if you do grad law then it is 3 yrs in CBD - im hoping to do grad law -

The development plans for Usyd apparently involve selling the old cbd building and making the entire course based at the main campus

Last edited:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Re: yep

Originally posted by Soul
the last 2-3 years are, the 1st 2-3 years are taught at main campus - its a 5 year degree combined undergrad, but if you transfer then it is 3 yrs in CBD - im hoping to do grad law -

The development plans for Usyd apparently involve selling the old cbd building and making the entire course based at the main campus
I've also heard of a plan set to be completed in 2010 where they going to expand the Usyd main campus and to relocate Law and other faculties to darlington/camperdown!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)