law camp (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
Re: Re: hehe thanks

Originally posted by timmii

" 'em"? There's only me. Hmmm i'm appreciating the disturbance I've caused :p
Out of pity for you timmii I've told some other USyd law people about this topic. It doesn't do to crush you people too unfairly, the public loves the underdog ;) :D.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Re: Re: Re: hehe thanks

Originally posted by kini mini

Out of pity for you timmii I've told some other USyd law people about this topic. It doesn't do to crush you people too unfairly, the public loves the underdog ;) :D.
Thanx Kini Mini

1 - yay more friends to have gone "backpacking" with

2 - reinforcements (not that i needed any help, i was doing *quite* fine on my own)

3 - safety in numbers. What would happen if i left my comp for a moment and was unable to respond immediately to some pithy (or more likely, not-so-pithy and downright pathetic) unsw law-student comment? Tragedy!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Damn - I'm getting bitchy.

You people have provoked the adversarial lawyer instincts that are usually buried deep within the veneer of the sweet, charming and benign individual i usually am (not to mention humble!) Thanks for the preparation for uni! :D

Soul

New Title...
just joking you know!

:D I hope I haven't given some Uysd students a complex! hehehe, I mean for me to draw such a response from timmiii!

Maybe my playful joke hit a sore spot? a subliminal raw spot that's been chafing her agonised soul ever since she chose Usyd over UNSW, in effect selling out on herself! What happened? what caused her to snap! Perhaps we'll never know, but judging by the frequency and intensity of her raving replies we can however form but a poor re-enactment of what happened...

[Scene 1, Timmii Potter logs into bored of studies nonchalantly humming the smurf tune, doing anything to distract her troubled mind]

T: Ooh! a new posting! and by...Soul!! wow, excellent, his postings are always so witty and thought-provoking, (Slaps Head) of course! what else could I expect! Like esteemed intellectuals Laz, Asquithian, 1 more, Bambul and Kini mini those geniuses etc, He's going to that really great UNSW...[Pauses-Deathly Silent, Eyes Lose Focus & Rotating Spiral Signs Appear In Place]

T: [Speaking in an odd mechanical voice]
'They' said not to mention 'its' name... Must Not Mention The Good Uni, Think of USYD Instead... AAAaaahhh, USYD = warm and cute kittens and little pet bunnies hehehe... [snaps back to consciousness]

T: Hmm, curious, another memory blank! whatever is happening to me? ever since Gavin B talked me into cute bunny university! oh well, aah yes! reading posts [reads my post and the mind equivalent is akin to the universe imploding upon itself!] no, No, NO, NOOOO!!!!!!! [Punches Monitor Screaming] IT CAN'T BE!!! My Intuition/Soul Was Right!!! Oh The Humanity!!! a la The Scrivener by Herman Melville] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

[CAMERA PANS OUT - END]

hehehe, really, I'm just joking you know - feel free to reply with stupid scripts like mine lol, If I see you around at Uni, Work etc, I'll buy you a drink!....who knows? we UNSW and USYD graduates might one day work in the same organisation!;) :D

Last edited:
B

Bambul

HAHAHA, just joking I hope you know....who knows? we UNSW and USYD graduates might one day work in the same organisation
Ha! What a joke. That was a good one!

Working in the same organisation indeed... :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
Re: just joking you know!

Originally posted by Soul
[Bhehehe, really, I'm just joking you know - feel free to reply with stupid scripts like mine lol, If I see you around at Uni, Work etc, I'll buy you a drink!....who knows? we UNSW and USYD graduates might one day work in the same organisation!;) :D [/B]
*standing ovation*

I'm in shock. Really. That was such a brilliant performance! Especially when you consider the intellectual and creative dvantages that had to be overcome...you being a unsw student and all... :p :) :D

Hmmm, but now I *have* to meet you (even us usyd students are not immune to the allure of free drinks :p )

Though I really must commend you on the elaborateness of your posts, keep it up, i need something to read during the day! (but seriously, i was thinking *i* spent too much time posting...)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: just joking you know!

but seriously, i was thinking *i* spent too much time posting...
no-one ever really spends "too" much time posting ... really :)

soul, keep the camera rolling! :)

sidenote: this thread is much more interesting than the actuarial thread ... o well ...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian

I not sure bout that, most castledon law grads end up joining the liberal party. Doesnt seem that there are many unsw law people in parliament.
just a thought...
Do at the age of 35 usyd and unsw graduates snub eachother?

Not that a compassionate, understanding, and genuine unsw law student would :D...im just saying a usyd may not talk to a unsw law grad. I wonder. :rolleyes:

Well I don't think so, lots of my old school friends are going to USyd law, some are going to UNSW, it isn't really split on political allegiances. Most people I know are small 'l' liberals :).

Getting back on topic *shock horror*, I found out today that last year's UNSW law camp wsa $80 and there wasn't much apart from the drinking. There should be quite a bt of drink for the $80 too :p. Not that I drink very much at all, so I suppose I'll be subsidising you lot....see you all there :D.

kini mini

HSC
Re: Re: just joking you know!

*standing ovation*

I'm in shock. Really. That was such a brilliant performance! Especially when you consider the intellectual and creative dvantages that had to be overcome...you being a unsw student and all... :p :) :D

He doesn't know his grammar, you can't spell, what's the big difference? ;)

I can't believe the USyd people *still* can't get over their quad...must be some sort of sandstone fetish :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
Not that I drink very much at all, so I suppose I'll be subsidising you lot....see you all there :D.
We all appreciate it very much. :gridnod: :drink:

I can't believe the USyd people *still* can't get over their quad...must be some sort of sandstone fetish :p
rofl!

Originally posted by Soul
we UNSW and USYD graduates might one day work in the same organisation!;):D
No way... I quit Domino's Pizza three years ago. :D (oooooh low blow :p)

Btw, d'you know what else the camp involves? Anything really exciting?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

No way... I quit Domino's Pizza three years ago. :D (oooooh low blow :p)

Btw, d'you know what else the camp involves? Anything really exciting?
LOL!

Well, I asked my friend who is just starting 2nd year today. She laughed and said "lots and lots of drinking", and didn't mention anything else - I'm sure there's more but perhaps no-one remembers? :D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
A small L liberal is still a liberal... :chainsaw:

However i think im in the wrong electorate to make a difference.
Er....no actually small 'l' liberals and the Liberal Party are just about diametrically opposed ;)

I'm on Bob's electorate so it doesn't matter who I vote for, huuuuge Labor majority. Much as I'd like to give him a kick up the arse for the new HSC Brogden is worse IMO.

Soul

New Title...
*takes a bow* thanks! i'd like to thank my record company...

Ah well, like to keep it interesting you know!

much as I like reconcilling with Timmii (and further putting myself in 'offers of drinks' debt lol) this thread is now less exciting.

So getting back on topic, really, asking again what Laz said, does anyone know whether law camp is just drinking?

oh, and you political nerds, get a room lol! or in this case new thread!

timmii

sporadic attendee
What more can anybody possibly want, except lots of drinking???

Don't tell me you actually became a law student because of lofty ideals and objectives?!?

Law camp should be great neways - drinking and making new friends is basically the point, so don't try to find some ulterior purpose or meaning.

As for the politics diversion. Asquitian, i don't think you know what the word "liberal" means if you're railing against them... try www.dictionary.com before you insult both sides of the political spectrum in one fell swoop.

Soul

New Title...
What more can anybody possibly want, except lots of drinking???..............Law camp should be great neways - drinking and making new friends is basically the point,

Based on (ahem) experience I can see exactly what is going to happen at law camp...

<-----------------(new avatar! "Lets do my version of shots!")

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
My perfectly lovely law camp thread has now gone off on a tangent! I was so proud of having started one that actually seemed to be going well! :( I am clearly a forum failure!

kini mini

HSC
My perfectly lovely law camp thread has now gone off on a tangent! I was so proud of having started one that actually seemed to be going well! :( I am clearly a forum failure!
Hehe well there's always someone who's determined to go OT, my lurkers thread has turned into a discussion of the true meaning of study :p. So here's the obligatory on topic post before I continue the political debate...

What more can anybody possibly want, except lots of drinking???
A faculty paintball match, mud wrestling championships...all sorts of great bonding activities around :D.

Asquithian - I don't understand why the Australian conservative party calls itself the Liberal party. There's very little about it that s liberal at all.

timmii

sporadic attendee
To reiterate what many others have said before.

The labor party no longer really represents labour
The liberal party is not
the democrats are anything but.

Dont judge a book by its cover, or a political party by its name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)