is ur atar enough for usyd merit scholarship? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I gave up hope a while ago (Arts). :p

jet

Banned
HSC
Second round starts on Wednesday. Don't give up!

I'm certainly not :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think I'm going with Arts/Law. Though I don't have to choose til Enrolment day. Might be Comm/Law. But if I had to choose today, I'd be doing Arts/Law.

And just got my rejection letter for Arts scholarship. :p

akatsukisan

HSC
so apparently second round offers are out. i was previously offered a merit scholarship with the faculty of economics and business, but with the second round, they "upgraded" it to a USyd merit scholarship (is there a difference? it still seems to be related to the faculty you apply to ...) and they added an interstate relocation scholarship worth $5000/year. i had an ATAR of over 99.75 (not sure exactly, i couldn't be bothered writing a request to the QSA as it involved a 3-week wait) and a lot of ECs, so i'm thinking that made up for an all-nightered personal statement ;p

anyway, i'm excited. i hope second round turns out some good news for others as well =)

also, the offers came by email, as well as mailed and received a few days later.
The econ merit scholarships are $6k for 4 years whereas the usyd ones are $6k for five years.

I got upgraded as well, from entry to this "Faculty of Economics and Business Scholarship (with Merit) for Excellence in Academic Achievement".

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The econ merit scholarships are $6k for 4 years whereas the usyd ones are $6k for five years.

I got upgraded as well, from entry to this "Faculty of Economics and Business Scholarship (with Merit) for Excellence in Academic Achievement".
Congratulations. :)

rx34

HSC
Just wondering, are there any USyd merit scholarships given automatically for those already in 2nd year?

superdan7

HSC
just curious, has anyone got a second round scholarship offer for Arts?

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
just curious, has anyone got a second round scholarship offer for Arts?
Slightly late reply here, but I was on the reserve list for an entry scholarship (5th, to be specific), and I got an offer letter today. So if there's anyone out there fairly high up on the reserve list, there appears to be movement on that front.

superdan7

HSC
Slightly late reply here, but I was on the reserve list for an entry scholarship (5th, to be specific), and I got an offer letter today. So if there's anyone out there fairly high up on the reserve list, there appears to be movement on that front.
Yea, I just got my offer yesturday too.

jet

Banned
HSC
I was never told my position on the reserve list...

HSC
Just thought I'd clear up a few things :)

All of the Merit Scholarship applicants who were short-listed received a letter in December I think, before the ATARs were released (not sure about Entry Scholarship). So it was based mostly on your academic record and personal statement (extra-curricular activities, why you are suited to Sydney etc), in the expectation that you would continue these qualities to achieve the ATAR needed for your preferred course.

Then those that actually did receive a 'provisional Scholarship offer' received a letter. It's provisional on the basis you get the ATAR for your preferred course.

Those who received a 'provisional offer' were then notified whether they needed to decline the offer if their ATAR wasn't high enough, and there was a specific time frame to do this (ie the last two weeks or so).

If there were any people who declined the scholarship because they didn't get into their course or because they accepted another offer from an alternative institution, those offers were then passed on to 'the next on the list' - so these would be the so-called 'second round scholarship offers'.

I think there is one Merit Scholarship per faculty - worth $6000 a year, plus an honours year I think. I'm not sure how many Entry Scholarships are offered per faculty.

Hope this answers a few questions! :)

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
hey, just wondering if it's easier to get the arts or commerce faculty scholarship? (applying for BEc/LLB, but commerce would be fine too)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Comm is heaps easier. More scholarships to give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)