is ur atar enough for usyd merit scholarship? (1 Viewer)

Jcc Lin

HSC
On my letter congratulating and offering me the faculty scholarship, it says the uni closedown period is from the close of business day of 18 Dec 09 and reopens on 4 Jan 2010. So if you've not received anything, its highly unlikely that you will get a 1st round offer now because they would have all been mailed/emailed last friday. Don't lose hope since not everyone is going to accept theirs! best of luck.
thank you.!:party:

Thecorey0

HSC
Although not a merit, I got a letter yesterday offering me a rural leadership scholarship worth the same as a merit. Only ended up with 97, so I guess alot of the smart rural kids didn't apply.

Jcc Lin

HSC
Although not a merit, I got a letter yesterday offering me a rural leadership scholarship worth the same as a merit. Only ended up with 97, so I guess alot of the smart rural kids didn't apply.
wow, congrats! thats really good!

Last edited:

Kid B

HSC
Just wondering what would the chance be of me receiving a second round offer for an engineering merit scholarship now if I was on the shortlist (not reserve list)??

Raihana92

HSC
how come the website says we find out if we got it at the end of december if they close on the 18th=also how does that work if they get the atars on the 17th-they have one day to choose all the scholarships?

marckicksass

HSC
Does anyone have an idea as to whether I have much of a chance with 97.70 for an economics and business scholarship in the second rounds etc? I was shortlisted for it but didn't get a first round offer or any kind of notification.

marckicksass

HSC
I thought my Statement was quite good, and my school marks which are apparently also important were very good too, better than my ATAR ended up being. I may not have stated my question perfectly, I also meant do many people tend not to take the first round offers? Cos I imagine that most would just take what they can get, right?

wendybird

HSC
Has anyone here gotten a merit offer for Arts?

An amazing friend of mine - incredibly qualified EC-wise, eloquent writer, and a 99.5+ ATAR didn't get one. I'm really completely gobsmacked.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't know about BoS people - but a friend of mine who went to Sydney Girls got it. :)

Raihana92

HSC
is there any chance of still getting a scholarship in arts? or should we just give up thinking we'll get it? i wish the uni would say u didnt get it because i hate when its stuck in limbo :/
if there are any places when would they give them out?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Oh yeah i forgot about this thread. I did get an offer for merit (for engineering) but i rejected it so some other lucky person got it. I believe they had an ATAR of ~97 ^_^

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
is there any chance of still getting a scholarship in arts? or should we just give up thinking we'll get it? i wish the uni would say u didnt get it because i hate when its stuck in limbo :/
if there are any places when would they give them out?
I think if you haven't received the rejection letter, you still have a chance.

NB: I haven't received an offer yet.

katastrophe

HSC
so apparently second round offers are out. i was previously offered a merit scholarship with the faculty of economics and business, but with the second round, they "upgraded" it to a USyd merit scholarship (is there a difference? it still seems to be related to the faculty you apply to ...) and they added an interstate relocation scholarship worth $5000/year. i had an ATAR of over 99.75 (not sure exactly, i couldn't be bothered writing a request to the QSA as it involved a 3-week wait) and a lot of ECs, so i'm thinking that made up for an all-nightered personal statement ;p

anyway, i'm excited. i hope second round turns out some good news for others as well =)

also, the offers came by email, as well as mailed and received a few days later.

superdan7

HSC
there seems to be an abundance of 'engineering' and 'business & economics' scholarships, opposed to 'arts'.

Ironic, considering 'arts' has the most applicants.

Raihana92

HSC
well even when they were sending out the shortlist the arts faculty applicants recevied their notification last..so maybe it takes longer???
lol im trying to be upbeat and keep hope, however it seems more and more clear that tehre doesnt seem to be much hope for arts applicants if you havent received an offer yet
:/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)