HSC English Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
were we allowed to rip the booklet apart? Cause some schools weren't allowed to, even though our supervisors said we could

teddy123

HSC
were we allowed to rip the booklet apart? Cause some schools weren't allowed to, even though our supervisors said we could
We were allowed to. It would've been hard to do the unseen while flipping to the back of the booklet.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the supervisors said that we were allowed to, but i was curious as to why other school didn't/weren't allowed to
they weren't sure so they didn't let us, but they made us rip it off after the exam...

Skkkkkkkkkk

HSC
IS IT TRUE THAT YOU COULDNT USE VISUAL TECHNIQUES FOR THE FIRST SHORT ANSWERS QUESTION

MrGresh

HSC
IS IT TRUE THAT YOU COULDNT USE VISUAL TECHNIQUES FOR THE FIRST SHORT ANSWERS QUESTION
I doubt it, that seems rediculous since it is a visual text. I remember it contained something like "structural features" or smth that can semi-apply to visual stuff. Also there are "visual language techniques" (wanky, I know) so that might work as well.

Overall no point stressing now. Head up, and lets kill paper 2!

mmmm.

HSC
can anyone confirm what paper had the texts about toast, a tidy desk and movie people? so many people are talking about it and so many memes but don't know what paper they were in
I do standard and had this question, not sure if it's in advance. I believe it was question 1 or 2 for us

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
bruh it was an image your only option is to talk about visual techniques

what I did was separate "language forms and features" into "language forms" for the text, and "(visual) features" for the image, seems dodgy but I didn't know how else to interpret the q

mmmm.

HSC
Apparently you were supposed to talk about how the pencil says dory and the boat says penic and how there's irony here. Also dory is a fishing boat, so you talk about his fishing for words ....

khaledmz

HSC
Generally short answers provide a wide spectrum of ways to approach them, so i don't there was a specific approach to the question. Don't stress it if you're answer is different to someone else's - if it makes sense then you'll be fine. Head up and good luck for Paper 2! :p

BluPaci

HSC
I'm ranked pretty low in my grade, is there a point in me even trying tomorrow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)