HSC English Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

HSC
can anyone confirm what paper had the texts about toast, a tidy desk and movie people? so many people are talking about it and so many memes but don't know what paper they were in
Standard paper 1: Text 1 (Tidy desk, toast etc) & Text 2 (Movie people).

HSC
Apparently you were supposed to talk about how the pencil says dory and the boat says penic and how there's irony here. Also dory is a fishing boat, so you talk about his fishing for words ....
There's no such thing as 'you were supposed to':-")

Interpretations are different and there is a wide spectrum of techniques. There is no right or wrong answer if you use the image and the technique is there to back up your interpretation...it's correct.

Problem is people buckle (me included), you'll be fine though. HSC markers are told to fish for marks as long as it's logical and it's 'there' (in the text) not out of thin air.

Nikolerak

HSC
for the first short answer - i basically said that text 1 shows how we aren't actually that creative because we draw inspiration, whereas text 2 shows that we can both write about our surroundings using creativity and be inspired by it. but i didn't use "language features" for my second part - i only talked about things like colour, vectors, body posture of the salience and like the interspersed words. what mark do you think i could get out of 5?
Same 😞 I only realised today that they asked for language techniques, not visual techniques 😰

Nikolerak

HSC
Someone needs to study up on Visual Arts and techniques used by artists ;)

Also, for those writing about 3 pages for essays I wrote about that much in the HSC and ended up with a strong band 5 so don't worry to much about the quantity that you have written.
Did you do Standard or Advanced?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Eh, ok... Mod a was good, mod b was pretty hard to answer and mod C..... I don't even know with mod C
I liked module A as well, module B was okay, but in regards to module C, I just want to know where that reflection/evaluation went.

We finally finished English!! Congrats everyone, and all the best!!!!

MrGresh

HSC
I liked module A as well, module B was okay, but in regards to module C, I just want to know where that reflection/evaluation went.

We finally finished English!! Congrats everyone, and all the best!!!!
Yay!!! Yeah, mod b was fine, i just wasn't 100 percent confident with how I answered the question

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
im rlly happy about Mod A and Mod C but Mod B was... icky, i only got to write an intro, first paragraph on my chosen poem and half of my last paragraph on hollow men :(
don't stress too much! it shouldn't have too much of an impact on your final mark, it seems you're confident with mod A and C I'm sure your performance here (and yesterday's paper) will carry you ^^ congrats on finishing English!!

jssc2002

HSC
did you have to write about hollow men for ts eliot? i wrote about two other poems and tried to integrate the quote throughout my body paragraphs but idk if thats right

beetree1

HSC
did you have to write about hollow men for ts eliot? i wrote about two other poems and tried to integrate the quote throughout my body paragraphs but idk if thats right
Im pretty sure it just meant you had to talk about Hollow Men for a paragraph, but if you executed this well, im sure the markers would still like it! It is just convention though, for when they give you an excerpt to talk about that poem in the excerpt.

MrGresh

HSC
Im pretty sure it just meant you had to talk about Hollow Men for a paragraph, but if you executed this well, im sure the markers would still like it! It is just convention though, for when they give you an excerpt to talk about that poem in the excerpt.
Yeah, I didnt do TS Elliot but i get the impression that the marker just wants to see sustained engagement with the extract. I'm sure there are multiple completely legitimate ways of doing this!

Personally, I integrated quotes and analysis from my extract throughout each of my three paragraphs (for King Henry IV Part 1)

beetree1

HSC
Yeah, I didnt do TS Elliot but i get the impression that the marker just wants to see sustained engagement with the extract. I'm sure there are multiple completely legitimate ways of doing this!

Personally, I integrated quotes and analysis from my extract throughout each of my three paragraphs (for King Henry IV Part 1)
oh wtf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)