HSC English Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Aye well seems to be paper 1 had no curveballs this year which is great!

Well done ya’ll.

View attachment 29180
Could superimposition be used for the writing on the birds, clouds etc ?
Also wtf is this?? All I see is a dude rowing a boat in some water with a goddam pencil??..

shashysha

HSC

Well done ya’ll.

Also wtf is this?? All I see is a dude rowing a boat in some water with a goddam pencil??..
thats the universal experience of creativity what else??? fr when i saw that i wanted to cry

mmmm.

HSC
The question asked us how literary form and features are used to present ideas on creativity. Like how tf are we supposed to find literary techniques for a visual

HSC
Fellas I didn't finish. Thought we finished 11:50 so I was like yeah yeah easy...hell nah. Lady walks up and starts saying pens down, I no joke started laughing like "haha idiot made a mistake with the finish time"...Yeah um...Hi...I'm idiot.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Fellas I didn't finish thought we finished 11:50 so I was like yeah yeah easy...hell nah. Lady walks up and I'm starts saying pens down, I no joke started laughing like "haha idiot made a mistake with the finish time"...Yeah um...Hi...I'm idiot.
I wish they could alert us throughout the exam through specific time stamps such as 30 minutes left. It would be such a lifesaver. The same happened to me, and it was so frustrating having to look up every few minutes to check the time, and see how much I had left. The supervisors also messed up the time from their end (that test did not feel like an hour and a half!)

I'm sure you did well. It's over now, that's the last common paper we'll ever do!!! All the best for tomorrow

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Well done ya’ll.

Someone needs to study up on Visual Arts and techniques used by artists ;)

Also, for those writing about 3 pages for essays I wrote about that much in the HSC and ended up with a strong band 5 so don't worry to much about the quantity that you have written.

HSC
I wish they could alert us throughout the exam through specific time stamps such as 30 minutes left. It would be such a lifesaver. The same happened to me, and it was so frustrating having to look up every few minutes to check the time, and see how much I had left. The supervisors also messed up the time from their end (that test did not feel like an hour and a half!)

I'm sure you did well. It's over now, that's the last common paper we'll ever do!!! All the best for tomorrow
I KNOW. That would be a lifesaver. I thought she was going up to say 10 minutes left...

Yeah man now that I think of it that way, that is a RELIEF. Thanks! You too!!!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I think our hsc lady used her phone. 😅
If there isn't a clock in front of you, bring a watch ( remember analog, not electronic)- they'll let you put it on your desk and it may help you keep track with time management

HSC
I feel like SA was pretty good, only problem was there wasn't many well known techniques in there. I wouldn't say there weren't techniques cause there must have been (it's HSC) but probably the more complex ones. That you'd only know if you dedicated time for learning literacy and visual techniques. (Which I planned to...but didn't)

HSC
Oh anddd for the boat man I pointed out the symbolism of the pencil acting as the the oar of the boat. And the use of colour to exhibit the bizareness of creativity (or smth...forgot what I wrote). I couldn't think of anything else.

I wanted to point out the words but I couldn't think of the technique. So I did 3 examples from Text 3 to add on and make 5. (Since it was a 5 marker)

thatmailman

HSC
Oh anddd for the boat man I pointed out the symbolism of the pencil acting as the the oar of the boat. And the use of colour to exhibit the bizareness of creativity (or smth...forgot what I wrote). I couldn't think of anything else.

I wanted to point out the words but I couldn't think of the technique. So I did 3 examples from Text 3 to add on and make 5. (Since it was a 5 marker)
Text 3?? Wasn't Q1 texts 1 and 2? Did I really f*** it up or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)