HSC Advice Line (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Oh cool, thanks heaps for that Fenris. What did u ask them to get that information? Like did you specifically ask, for example, "what size should we draw our graphs?" or "what's Lenz's Law defined as?"
I said "In our Physics class the definition for Lenz's law is the effect of induction is opposite to its cause, is that OK ?" and then he says "It's OK ... (and so on) ... as long as it has a negative sign when it is expressed Mathematically ... (and so on)"

I adopted an English style interview approach, I wouldn't go "What langauge techniques did you use ?" or "What's Lenz's Law?"

I would be a little more in depth "How does the soliloquy of Coral's dialogue in Away demonstrate the portrayal of her character ?" or what I said about "In our Physics class..." earlier.

Like in an English interview transcript, you (the interviewer) gotta show them you know something at least, and you can get wholesome advice and sustain the discussion for almost an hour and make good use of 25 cents :).

Last edited:
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I said "In our Physics class the definition for Lenz's law is the effect of induction is opposite to its cause, is that OK ?" and then he says "It's OK ... (and so on) ... as long as it has a negative sign when it is expressed Mathematically ... (and so on)"

I adopted an English style interview approach, I wouldn't go "What langauge techniques did you use ?" or "What's Lenz's Law?"

I would be a little more in depth "How does the soliloquy of Coral's dialogue in Away demonstrate the portrayal of her character ?" or what I said about "In our Physics class..." earlier.

Like in an English interview transcript, you (the interviewer) gotta show them you know something at least, and you can get wholesome advice and sustain the discussion for almost an hour and make good use of 25 cents :).
Ah ok, fair enough.

When I ring them up next, I'll keep that in mind. :uhhuh:

somewhereelse

HSC
i just spoke to a modern history guy, he told me to ring back tomorrow if i had a prac essay i wanted to run by him.. but seeing as i dont know his name, that might be a bit hard!
he was helpful though. i now know why hitler got appointed chancellor :)

somewhereelse

HSC
oh and do you reckon they're all at the same place? or do the calls go though to their houses or something...? how does it work?

HSC
somewhereelse said:
oh and do you reckon they're all at the same place? or do the calls go though to their houses or something...? how does it work?
I'm pretty sure they're all in the same place.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I called yesterday around 530.
Got put on hold for a few minutes but seriously, its pretty quick.
I asked about English Section1 Paper 1.
The male teacher that I got was pretty nice, answered my question directly and gave me a few encouraging words.

So kudos to the advice line from me.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah, but it also takes pretty long for some others - 20 minutes roughly. They hung up on me twice, which was pretty rude. I didn't even get to ask my questions. Oh well, I must try again on the 24-29...

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
somewhereelse said:
lol at the image of my teachers running around their homes whilst on the phone trying to find relevant notes

Itchy.Nox

HSC
This is just a guess,

They register, and then shifts are arranged, and the calls go through to their mobile, or elected land line etc. and they are at home, or at their school for notes and helpful advice.

i think

samuel slack

HSC
I was watching the news last night, and it had a story about the advice line. Its all in one huge office room thingy. They said that the night before the AoS exam they'll have 80 english teachers in there ready to give people a hand. Massive.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I haven't called yet. I seriously don't know what to ask although i know i have many questions that need to be answered.

samuel slack

HSC
Same. I need questions to ask for english and business. Its annoying... I just can't think of anything to ask. and as soon as I get in an exam I bet I'll be like, "damn I wish I'd asked about that".

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Same. I need questions to ask for english and business. Its annoying... I just can't think of anything to ask. and as soon as I get in an exam I bet I'll be like, "damn I wish I'd asked about that".
Most probably.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ahen said:
lol at the image of my teachers running around their homes whilst on the phone trying to find relevant notes
They should be at the centre.
My last Chemistry adviser was ROFLing around with another guy because Physics questions and were being asked and Physics resources were being used alongside Chemistry.

By the way Chemists, it was ME who was responsible for the fourty minute holdup at 1930 hours last night.
I asked random Physics questions from the same adviser for the LULZ.

tanjin said:
I haven't called yet. I seriously don't know what to ask although i know i have many questions that need to be answered.
Tip:

Prepare as many questions as you can beforehand.
Then as your questions are being answered, write down as much as you can.

Last edited:

^emmie^

HSC
so when u ring up for example for english do u need a specific question or can u just say what book u do n they tell u the most relevnt stuff???

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
^emmie^ said:
so when u ring up for example for english do u need a specific question or can u just say what book u do n they tell u the most relevnt stuff???
Heh.
When I rang up for English Standard the adviser the only text that she taught out of the four that I knew was 'Witness' for Module B.

So then I resorted to asking general questions on the English paper like the differences in low-, medium- and high-range responses, language and filmic techniques, answering the questions effectively and so on.

Originality

HSC
So.. is there a need to ask specific question? or do they just tell u wat should be included?

^emmie^

HSC
what so u just say what text u do n they start telling u stuff about it or u ask them a question first n then they just start rambling on about stuff we need to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)