HSC Advice Line (1 Viewer)

HSC
Shrikar said:
I called them up yesturday in regards to chemistry and legal studies, and they were really nice and helpful. I think I might call them up again today, just to talk to them. :)
Awww, don't you have any friends? :p:p J/K!
xxJTxx said:
Though, it's weird how the first time I called the person was amazingly helpful. The second time for English, the guy was more the attitude 'ill help you to help yourself'...which was annoying, cause I wanted it spoon fed to me.

Not all of the teachers on the line will spoon feed, haha.
But some of them do spoon-feed you information??
Kujah said:
How much do the teachers get paid to do it? I asked my MH teacher and he said it was around $50-60/h :confused:
Yeah, one of the Maths teachers @ my school used to do it, and hinted that they were paid well.
mzduxx2006 said:
no i didnt. :(
What did you call up for? Did you ring up asking questions and they didn't answer them or what?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
chocolate_lover said:
Awww, don't you have any friends? :p:p J/K!
But some of them do spoon-feed you information??
Yeah, one of the Maths teachers @ my school used to do it, and hinted that they were paid well.
What did you call up for? Did you ring up asking questions and they didn't answer them or what?
:(:(:( I am offended. Nah kidding. I called them up again today, they really helped alot.

HSC
Shrikar said:
:(:(:( I am offended. Nah kidding. I called them up again today, they really helped alot.
Hahaha. Yeah, I'm definitely going to ring for Chem and Maths, and probably Physics.
noir. said:
that's going to cost him more than 25 cents ^
Hehehe. :D

starrysky

HSC
I shall call up for everything except EE1 and Mathematics. So, English Adv., Biology, Business.

I would call up today, but I'm doing Maths today, how fun.

Anyone get any good results from the Eng. Adv. peoplelele?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I just called up english, the guy was pretty nice, and he did kind of help.

ellirene

HSC
tonight i called up ancient history and i was on the phone for 45 MINUTES!
it was sooooo good though, everything i wanted was answered,
[well i wanted to know a few qns,but he expanded everything and answered everything before i asked the other few]
he was soo nice and looked through everything for me.
pretty much the ecquivilent to a period at school, but private and no annoying people distracting you!

samuel slack

HSC
Sweet. When do they cut this service off? Because now I've been talked into using it.

ellirene

HSC
ummmm i think the cut off is something like the 8th or 9th november?
pretty sure its the 9th though :s

HSC
samuel slack said:
Sweet. When do they cut this service off? Because now I've been talked into using it.
For most of the subjects (except for English [all of them] and Business Studies) the Advice Line is open from 8th October to 14th October. But then they start up again, at a date closer to your exam, and stops at 10pm on the day before your exam.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
For most of the subjects (except for English [all of them] and Business Studies) the Advice Line is open from 8th October to 14th October. But then they start up again, at a date closer to your exam, and stops at 10pm on the day before your exam.
Great ... I guess I will have to call them tomorrow then.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i found them really helpful, i called about SOR 1 and the woman thought i was on about something i don't study in my elective and i'm like "no no no post 1945 religion in australia!!!" and she's like oooh right
yeah she sounded all bitchy at first "yes but yon don't do that" in this patronising way
but once she got it she was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice
she full told me all this stuff and gave me statistics and answered some of my questions before i even asked
also informed me of how best to study for the topic and stuff and was happy to spend as long as i needed discussing it
was only on the fone for 16 mins tho
but yeah am probly gonna call for english, once i think of something to ask...

~untitled~

HSC
Haha, i called for english today. She sat and listened to my creative writing piece because i didnt think it was written right. i cant believe she did! but the end result was positive, even if my throat was like sandpaper

miss-smexy

HSC
OMG I called twice today for English advanced... and the first teacher confused me so MUCH!!!!

She told me that my thesis was wrong and that it's only Caesar who uses powerplay to gain status. And i was like.... ohh........ because this isn't the case... since other characters in A+C do so as well!

Anyway, after pondering it for TWO more hours, I called back again and got another lady who told me that teacher #1 was in fact wrong, and that my thesis was fine in that aspect!

=/

Anyway, btw do we need two related texts for our journeys essay? because most years they ask for at least one and my teacher at school said that to prepare one would be sufficient? But then... now I'm thinking of preparing two because the lady on the helpline told me i should prepare more than one... what do all of you think?

Also, if I prepare a second related text for journeys essay, then do you think i can use my EE1 related text? because thats also a journey... and just sort of relate it to the journeys module?!

Last edited:

somewhereelse

HSC
called up for bio just then, he was heaps nice and helpful and taught me a useful trick for remembering how to label the axises of a graph :)

HSC
I called up for Chemistry yesterday, and the guy answered a couple of the questions I'd been having difficulty with. He didn't go into as much detail as I would've wanted/expected after reading this thread, but he answered the question, which was good. He made a couple of typical-science-jokes (a.k.a. corny jokes) which was good, haha. If/when I call up Chemistry again, I'm going to have a list of questions, and plenty of paper to dot down notes on.
Forbidden. said:
I was planning to call sometime next week.
Ah ok cool. So for English and Business Studies you'll still be able to, but not for any of the others.

samuel slack

HSC
Is it operating on the weekend? If not legal and ancient tommorrow. Then english on monday... and business on Monday or Tuesday.

What are some examples of stuff I could ask for english? Did you guys just ask, "is this an okay thesis for "insert topic here"? Because I am coming up completely blank with questions to ask for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)