HSC Advice Line (1 Viewer)

~untitled~

HSC
bec007 said:
lol that exact thing happened to me. i got put through to that guy and he didnt know about minoan crete so i got passed onto her.
Lol, i called for Hatshepsut and Minoan Crete, and he didnt know either! He still tried to answer as best as he could though, and then had to pass me on.

chousta said:
would they actually sit through you reading all ur essays??
Lol, probably not all of them. I think they will listen to bits of it and tell you if it doesent make sense and how to fix it and such.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahen said:
hmm sounds good, only i dont really know what to ask
Same. I probably could do with some help with modern - The Cold War, but i really cant be bothered calling up.

queen d

HSC
hey umm duz anybody have the hsc advice line for biology?? i can't find my letter !!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
queen d said:
hey umm duz anybody have the hsc advice line for biology?? i can't find my letter !!
[SIZE=-1]13 11 12. You call up and tell them, which subject you need help with. There's no set number for any subjects, i'm pretty sure there isnt. [/SIZE]

starrysky

HSC
I plan on calling them for every subject. Particularly English Advanced. And see exactly what happens.

queen d

HSC
oh ok thanks yeah i am probably going to call them for english advanced as well and also modern history

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
I plan on calling them for every subject. Particularly English Advanced. And see exactly what happens.
I'm actually worried that if i call them, they'd feed some new crap that would confuse me. I didn't listen to my english teacher the entire year and i did really well.

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
I'm actually worried that if i call them, they'd feed some new crap that would confuse me. I didn't listen to my english teacher the entire year and i did really well.
Lol. I don't know what I'm going to say to them, but at this stage I'm going to call them AND email some of the English faculty at my school so I can get a wider range of feedback. And if they happen to tear my essays a new arsehole in the process, then I'm fucked. :D

I think I'll call at midday ... I still need to finish my journeys notes and then feed them to my Year 10 English teacher and sort my notes into piles and stuff. Bleargh.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
the guy for modern was pretty helpful.
but yeah i was planning on calling up for english and making them sit through all my essays hahaha.
i think if you call them around dinner time it'd be faster coz everyone's eating and not calling.
called at around 7 last night and got connected pretty quickly.
hurrah for the advice line!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
Lol. I don't know what I'm going to say to them, but at this stage I'm going to call them AND email some of the English faculty at my school so I can get a wider range of feedback. And if they happen to tear my essays a new arsehole in the process, then I'm fucked. :D

I think I'll call at midday ... I still need to finish my journeys notes and then feed them to my Year 10 English teacher and sort my notes into piles and stuff. Bleargh.
Precisely what i dont want happening at this point. My english teacher gave us her email - and she's been quite helpful so far + ive got some friends who are mighty good at english - so they're reading all of my stuff too.:) I'm happy with my essays - if some english dude from BOS tells me otherwise, i'll shit myself.

Xuan, why your year 10 English teacher?

starrysky

HSC
Because she's taught all levels of English throughout her career, so she can tear my essays new orifices and I won't kill her for it. My current Advanced teacher, though ... now that's another story.

-writes on hand- Must. Call. At. 4. Or some obscure hour of the evening before 10.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
Because she's taught all levels of English throughout her career, so she can tear my essays new orifices and I won't kill her for it. My current Advanced teacher, though ... now that's another story.

-writes on hand- Must. Call. At. 4. Or some obscure hour of the evening before 10.
Well, this was the first year that my engalay teacher taught the hsc syllabus. LOL - makes sense for me to not listen to her then. I remember her once telling us to do exactly the opposite of what Board of Studies asks you to do - some girls listened and fucked up :mad1:.

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
Well, this was the first year that my engalay teacher taught the hsc syllabus. LOL - makes sense for me to not listen to her then. I remember her once telling us to do exactly the opposite of what Board of Studies asks you to do - some girls listened and fucked up :mad1:.
Massive lol @ her. :p How funnn, ahah.

My English teacher is ancient. She froths at the mouth over Antony & Cleopatra, whatthefuck. Ehh.

I think I'll actually call just for English Advanced, Biology, and maybe Business Studies. Maths is just practice practice practice, and EE1's fineeee ...

... I hope. :mad1:

samuel slack

HSC
So when you guys are ringing, are you gonna have all the questions that you want to ask written down? Or are you just winging it?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
Massive lol @ her. :p How funnn, ahah.

My English teacher is ancient. She froths at the mouth over Antony & Cleopatra, whatthefuck. Ehh.

I think I'll actually call just for English Advanced, Biology, and maybe Business Studies. Maths is just practice practice practice, and EE1's fineeee ...

... I hope. :mad1:
I'm considering calling up for mod hist but im still unsure - Cold War is already a fucked up topic - if i ask something and they give me an answer that is different to what i already know...seriously fucked.

Edit: Yeah, im fine with engalay...not even remotely worried about EE1. I probably should be considering i dont have all my self selected texts ready.

starrysky

HSC
samuel slack said:
So when you guys are ringing, are you gonna have all the questions that you want to ask written down? Or are you just winging it?
I'll be having all questions written down. I'm going through all my Bio notes and listing the dot points I don't have, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, so they can feed me the shit I don't have and refresh my memory on stuff that I do.

I'll probably just wing it for Business, though.

queen d

HSC
for the ones that got help in modern what exactly did they help with did they by any chance explain anything ???

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
queen d said:
for the ones that got help in modern what exactly did they help with did they by any chance explain anything ???
Wouldn't that depend on the questions you ask?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)