How many hours of study a night? (1 Viewer)

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
wow you guys act like not doing the homework set by the teacher can cause you to get an N award or some shit.
Your right, homework is a waste of time unless it's helping you study
Homework usually does nothing for your assessment mark (most schools I know don't mark homework)

ajk92

HSC
im pretty retarded i couldnt work past 8 30 at all.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd spend like 4hrs doing work tho id procastinate about 1hr of that xD
and damian, theres plenty of time if you actually do stuff at school and you push yourself.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I'd like to respectfully disagree with the poster who said 14 hours of study will burn you out.
I definitely see how it can, but if you use the time well, it doesn't. I did that much for physics, not because I needed to cram, but because I really, really would love a state ranking (probs won't happen haha). I wanted to feel content in the fact that everything I needed to know was firmly in my head. And plus, the worst thing for me is going to bed the night before an exam feeling like you haven't done enough - that happened for english lol, and as a result, I didn't get much sleep :p
All's well that ends well though. The english exam went flawlessly, and the physics exam was a dream =]

Bboy-twoFousand

<--JAWR--> Only the Best
HSC
im pretty retarded i couldnt work past 8 30 at all.
ditto that... I couldn't get past 10:30PM...start procrastinating after my 10:30pm coffee

I guess it depends on your study method... I mean physics was a breeze... i manage to get a solid 5-6 hour study on it...14 hours is pushing it. I reckon...

Vaeth

HSC
I get home, start boxing, do 1 hour of contortion training, break(eating, napping, gaming) thats about 6pm. go out, back at around 8, dinner, shower, procrastinate.
-THEN at around 10:30 onwards I touch my books and start to study. XD

it works for me, because I start to kick up and focus really well at night.
(it kills my sleeping hours though, I suffer mild insomnia anyway)
:D

boganxcore

HSC
never did homework at all during my schooling life except for 4u maths, didnt study too much.. my one regret is not studying enough. oh well i'll still do good :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Not always.

I agree that it's always good to write notes throughout year 12, but sometimes writing additional notes a few days before an exam can be more beneficial than just reading through pre-prepared notes. Writing notes - or even summarising notes - makes the information fresh in your mind.
I fully agree with this one hundred million percent forever.

Re-writing your notes is the best way to study immediately before the exam, at least for me.

Pyrokinetic

HSC
I fully agree with this one hundred million percent forever.

Re-writing your notes is the best way to study immediately before the exam, at least for me.
+1

I used this method throughout Yr7 to 11 and its always worked fine.

But then i started going to a few hsc study lectures (tsfx etc) in yr12 and got told that writing notes was an inefficient way to learn and that i was wasting precious time. So abandoned the act of rewriting my notes, and tried to adopt a different method of revision/study. But then i kind of got lost after trying all the methods suggested by the lectures such as doing practise papers and teaching other people, when the fact of the matter was that i didnt even know my material well enough.

So i resorted to rewriting notes again only weeks before my trial hsc and realised then too late in the year that rewriting notes actually does wonders for clarifying concepts for myself again and keeping it fresh in my memory.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
wow you guys act like not doing the homework set by the teacher can cause you to get an N award or some shit.
I agree with this post here. I don't think I've done maths homework since Yr 8, when the teacher checked it. Chemistry homework I've never done, Physics homework, I only do cause the teacher checks it (but it's my worst subject so what the hell). English teachers at my school have given up on giving 'homework', the only work we ever do is writing essays.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Never studied during school except for cramming before exams. Didn't mess me up one bit tbh, good UAI and doing fine at uni.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Never studied during school except for cramming before exams.
+1.

My study was done 1-2 weeks before half-yearly/trials.

The 2 weeks leading up to HSC I probably did about 4-6 hours a day and pretty much the same during the actual exam period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)