How many hours of study a night? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
I've probably averaged 1.5-2 hours a night. Sometimes none, sometimes 3-4. Weekends usually had about 5 hours all up.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I don't think I studied like at all throughout the year

I may have done a few hours occasionally but usually it was more for assesments and homework

DO NOT do this. It was the biggest mistake of my life

During the HSC I had a panic attack and started doing like 8 - 12 hours a day if not more.

Now, i'm up to my last exam and I can't study anymore - I've burnt out

Do yourself a favour, get studying early so you don't burn out at the end. make sure you understand the subject all year.

mckensara

HSC
always 3/4 hours a night
6+ on weekends.

usually spend on assessments, writing notes, essays ect
i didnt change coming up to trials or hsc all that much
i would cram the days before exams

but if you consistently do a lot of work, you will find you already have a large knowlege base

Tofuu

HSC
yeah and i kinda lied about the 1-1.5 hrs a night, it was porbably...3-4 nights no study (finished math hw at school usually) and on one nigh i spend 1-2 hrs writing up notes for chem + phys.

take heed that i did NOTHING for english, didn' study/preprepare essays, nothing. heck, i didn't even read all my poems + my prescribed text.
did nothing for english, your my hero

lynton

HSC
Our teacher gave us a nice study time table to do in the holidays

10am-12pm then 2 hours break to do something

2pm-6pm then 2 hours break

then 8-10pm
I pretty much stuck to that during the holidays leading up to the trials and hsc. Most of the time i did 8 hours of study but some days i had a break. Its impossible to study everyday. You have to give yourself a break haha.

HSC
yeah and i kinda lied about the 1-1.5 hrs a night, it was porbably...3-4 nights no study (finished math hw at school usually) and on one nigh i spend 1-2 hrs writing up notes for chem + phys.

take heed that i did NOTHING for english, didn' study/preprepare essays, nothing. heck, i didn't even read all my poems + my prescribed text.
i thought you were telling the truth :S

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Kinda explains that 79 in HSC English mate. Atm I'm doing 2-3 hours a night, mainly Maths, some Chem some English. I don't actually read my texts for English either if they're shit (Emma etc), but I just get a general plot outline and do quotes techniques. I read/watch my supplementary texts though, since I pick them because they're good.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
haha so burned that i didn't scrape a band 5 in english

but it matters not, i got my initial 95+ aim

probably could've pushed 97+ if i actually studied for english.

antwan2

HSC
1 hr-1.5hrs max a night

don't actually study, just did math hw and wrote notes for phys + chem

UAI - 95.65 easily
same here, im doing hsc this year but i cant c how 14 hours a day can actually do much more. youve had a year to study and do all your reading/skillwork. i dont see what you could be doing in those 14 hours. maybe im wrong... haha we'll c when i get marks back.

damianI

HSC
same here, im doing hsc this year but i cant c how 14 hours a day can actually do much more. youve had a year to study and do all your reading/skillwork. i dont see what you could be doing in those 14 hours. maybe im wrong... haha we'll c when i get marks back.
if you do subjects like ext.1&2 maths, physics and chemistry then you don't actually get time for study because of all the homework that is assigned. Also 14 hours a day leading up to hsc burns you out mentally so that you are not really at your full potential and you tend to make more grammatical errors/misread questions/stupid mistakes. I don't know how krammers do it

micuzzo

HSC
i didnt really 'study' as many ppl on here refer to it.... i just did my homework and for phy n chem made sure i understood the concept before going on... i think this is the best way.... however doing this would easily take up 3.5 hours +

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
On average, 0 study as i just did homework which took about 3hrs.

I did however study ~2hrs a night when a week before any exams though :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
if you do subjects like ext.1&2 maths, physics and chemistry then you don't actually get time for study because of all the homework that is assigned. Also 14 hours a day leading up to hsc burns you out mentally so that you are not really at your full potential and you tend to make more grammatical errors/misread questions/stupid mistakes. I don't know how krammers do it
false.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
would you like to suggest a reason why that is false?
because i did those subjects and you have a fuckload of time to complete the work required for those subjects.

micuzzo

HSC
depends what the work required is
dpends on the teacher... my teacher never gave hw.. well he did but never checked so it was up to the students to do it so this did give heaps of extra time to study.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
depends what the work required is
I agree. When I used to do chemistry at the start of year 12 the workload for that subject alone was overwhelming. 2 + hours of chemistry homework each night, and I basically had to sacrifice study (e.g. making notes, reading through my work) for chemistry so I could pay attention to my other subjects.

It depends a lot on your teachers too. In the other English Advanced classes at my school they got several hours of homework each week, while in my Advanced class we never had homework set throughout the duration of Year 12.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wow you guys act like not doing the homework set by the teacher can cause you to get an N award or some shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)