Hours of Study (1 Viewer)

username1928

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

My ATAR goal is 95.00+ and I was wondering if anyone could give me an indication on the amount of hours they spend or spent on weekdays and on the weekends.

Also, the subjects I'm currently studying are English Advanced, Chemistry, French Continuers, SOR 1 and Maths 4U

Thanks

Aykay

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not about the hours, trust me. Different people take different amounts of time to understand concepts. Your ATAR is also highly influenced by your school.

Although if you're aiming for 95, you should try to get an hour a night in.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not about the hours, trust me. Different people take different amounts of time to understand concepts. Your ATAR is also highly influenced by your school.

i wouldnt say highly ill say slightly. study smart not hard. im not a person who can grasp concepts easily so i tend to study several hours per day until i understand what im trying to understand, after that have fun and dont stress out.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

lolwut?

OP, depends on the person. Just see how much you need to do well in your subjects and adjust it to that. Though if you aim higher you'll be certain of getting your goals.

Also quality > quantity (hours on end of doing crap won't help)

delian

HSC
N/A
Number of hours depends: on the individual, on how much time you feel like setting aside, etc, etc.
I guess make sure you understand theory/concepts, and ask for help on any topic you have difficulty with.
Just remember to study consistently.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You shouldn't go in 'hours'.

I could do six hours of Art per night every night for a year, and still suck at it.

Your study should be goal oriented, like "I want to be able to do all my homework for the week" or "I will do a past paper this week" etc. etc.

SanjoyM

HSC
Your regular study and revision should not be determined on the basis of hours!
For me, I study until I have completed everything I was aiming to complete during the day/weekend:)
I make checklists! They are very helpful

D94

HSC
N/A
Allocate more hours to your weaker subjects and not as much to your stronger subjects. Amount of hours depends on your ability to grasp a concept and apply and reapply that to different situations/questions.

enoilgam

HSC
Your study should be goal oriented, like "I want to be able to do all my homework for the week" or "I will do a past paper this week" etc. etc.
Absolutely 100% true. Study is about finding a plan that works for you and setting study goals which you need to achieve.

Examine

same
HSC
lolwut. When I study I just study as much as I think is suffice. Never really thought about hours, (though if I did probably 1 - 3 hours a day depending on the situation)

jnney

lemon
HSC
lolwut. When I study I just study as much as I think is suffice. Never really thought about hours, (though if I did probably 1 - 3 hours a day depending on the situation)
+1

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
^^^ When I do homework/study I don't look at the clock, wouldn't have a clue how long I did it for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)