Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

XaittyO

HSC
The bible is just a text which has been edited and edited over the years, by the Romans, and especially Constantine.

The Church of England was made so that the King of England could get a divorce.

The rules were made by random people, so they should be pretty much disregarded.
+1
According to the bible, being BORN is sinning.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Tell me, on the day you lie on your deathbed, staring down into the firery abyss below, are you going to stand by your statements or are you going to come crawling back to God? :haha:
Ah, there's nothing quite like that fiery abyss created by that loving God.

Name_Taken

HSC
Seriously, you guys have totally missed the point if you think you can read the Bible as a simple list of rules, making notes of what to do and not what to do as if it were a student textbook.

BlackDragon

HSC
So you're saying because the Bible is such a "massive document" that you could potentially be sinning in many different ways, without even being aware of it since you are only focusing on several sins (aka cherry-picking)?
Tick. How can you blantantly choose to disregard rules, claim you are christian, and not want to investigate why? How can you choose not to know the rules of the religion you are meant to be following?

XaittyO

HSC
Why pray? until someone presents me with solid proof that God is there, and can hear me, and can save me, and that there is something i need to be saved from, he doesnt exist.

allzy

HSC
Tell me, on the day you lie on your deathbed, staring down into the firery abyss below, are you going to stand by your statements? :haha:
I know that that's what I'll be doing if it means that I haven't lived my life according to outdated and implausible rules. And I'll be proud of it.

Name_Taken

HSC
Tick. How can you blantantly choose to disregard rules, claim you are christian, and not want to investigate why? How can you choose not to know the rules of the religion you are meant to be following?
There is more to Christianity than the Bible.

The Bible represents only one aspect of the faith. It would be possible to be Christian without having read the Bible (all of it or any of it for that matter).

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Progress of 'man'? Are you naive enough to believe that slavery was ever ended? That women now live in some enlightened bubble never experienced before in history?
I'm surprised youre arguing this. On one level you hint that morality is a universal rejection of our barbaric core, yet on the other you claim that morals are relative and contingent on, lol, the level of scientific, technical knowledge. Whatever lol. Continue to mark human progress by the material goods we consume and exploit. Continue to begrudgingly make yourself accountable to a fickle, man-made 'law' that you secretly want abolished alltogether. I'm sure youll be very happy.
Well, not entirely, but hey I'd rather live in the present than in ancient times.

It might make you uncomfortable, but our own brains are all we've got. Mythology doesn't help. This isn't material consumption. The Christian's false dichotomy of "Bible vs McDonalds" is ridiculous.

This is the tradition of Socrates, of Hume, Kant, Spinoza. This is better than myths and self-deception.

BlackDragon

HSC
I don't know about you, but I don't intentionally burn my Sims for eternity when they WooHoo before marriage.
Or pretend to believe in a book when it is convenient, but disregard many parts of it and claim ignorance as to why you do this. People who do this have inconsistent beliefs..and selective beliefs..about their own faith!

'I am christian but I only choose to believe in some parts of it, but the homosexuality part is true'

XaittyO

HSC
I don't know about you, but I don't intentionally burn my Sims for eternity when they WooHoo before marriage.
LOLOL +1, its ironic cos i purposely burnt my sims today :D

But serz,
answer me something,
IF GOD CREATED ALL THAT EXISTS, HE CREATED HELL RIGHT? HE CREATED SOMETHING THAT WAS DESIGNED TO CAUSE PAIN AND SUFFERING? DOESNT THAT MEAN GOD HIMSELF HAS INDEED SINNED, AND THEREFORE ISNT PERFECT?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
There is more to Christianity than the Bible.

The Bible represents only one aspect of the faith. It would be possible to be Christian without having read the Bible (all of it or any of it for that matter).
And that's what makes you guys so hilarious.

You: "Read the Bible! It will save you!"

Us: "..have you read the Bible? All of it? If not, how can you say it contains the Truth and the Word of God?"

You: "...that's beside the point!"

Name_Taken

HSC
LOLOL +1, its ironic cos i purposely burnt my sims today :D

But serz,
answer me something,
IF GOD CREATED ALL THAT EXISTS, HE CREATED HELL RIGHT? HE CREATED SOMETHING THAT WAS DESIGNED TO CAUSE PAIN AND SUFFERING? DOESNT THAT MEAN GOD HIMSELF HAS INDEED SINNED, AND THEREFORE ISNT PERFECT?
God by definition is perfect and is incapable of imperfection.

Yes God created Hell, no that does not make Him a bad "person" (stictly speaking He is not a person altogether).

Your post leads me to conclude you don't have the faintest understanding of Christianity whatsoever. Do you even know what sin is?

XaittyO

HSC

Yes God created Hell, no that does not make Him a bad "person" (stictly speaking He is not a person altogether).

Your post leads me to conclude you don't have the faintest understanding of Christianity whatsoever. Do you even know what sin is?
well would you say Hitler sinned?
Given that he killed and tortured millions?

BlackDragon

HSC

Not knowing about something is not the same as having inconsistent beliefs like you.

..'I am christian but I only choose to believe in some parts of it, but the homosexuality part is true'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)