Homosexuality in Australia (4 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Name_Taken

HSC
And that's what makes you guys so hilarious.

You: "Read the Bible! It will save you!"

Us: "..have you read the Bible? All of it? If not, how can you say it contains the Truth and the Word of God?"

You: "...that's beside the point!"
Reading the Bible won't save you at all...

If you believe it will, you are completely and utterly mistaken.

dan2452

HSC
There is no commandment or law in the bible against homosexuality. The only mention in there is by another PERSON, and is just an account of what he thought.

Main point: there are way too many people taking the bible too seriously. However many people may argue, not every sentence is "god's truth". It has been written, edited, and changed by men.

Everything has been translated from other languages, the translators got to choose what they want in the bible, respective to thier beliefs.

What people experience and say it is with god, is experienced all around the world, with different religions: buddhism, zen, etc. It has nothing to do with the rules written in the bible, it's a sense of spirituality.

So yes, there should be absolutely no reason to hold against homosexuality because of something someone wrote in the bible.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC

But the thing is that all your details about your god come from the old and new testament, parts of which you choose not to follow. Why do you choose to follow the bit about god and not the bit about crucifying people who curse at their parents?

Last edited:

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A

I completely agree.

Once you read the Bible thoroughly and have recognised all the inconsistencies, contradictions and subjective bigotry that it contains, it's pretty difficult to remain Christian at all. And even if you did still manage to stay in self-denial via Christian apologetics, since the Abrahamic God is not real anyway, one cannot be "saved" at any rate.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

I was being facetious.

Dude, I probably know a lot more about your religion and its religious text than you do, and frankly that's sad (though unsurprising).

Name_Taken

HSC
There is no commandment or law in the bible against homosexuality. The only mention in there is by another PERSON, and is just an account of what he thought.

Main point: there are way too many people taking the bible too seriously. However many people may argue, not every sentence is "god's truth". It has been written, edited, and changed by men.

Everything has been translated from other languages, the translators got to choose what they want in the bible, respective to thier beliefs.

What people experience and say it is with god, is experienced all around the world, with different religions: buddhism, zen, etc. It has nothing to do with the rules written in the bible, it's a sense of spirituality.

So yes, there should be absolutely no reason to hold against homosexuality because of something someone wrote in the bible.
Are you a troll?

Like I don't want to sound mean, but if you're not, I'd lower your ATAR aim by about 10 points...

XaittyO

HSC
hey christians. Answer my question. DID HITLER SIN IN WWII WHEN HE KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE?

Name_Taken

HSC
But the thing is that all your details about your god come from the old and new testament, parts of which you choose not to follow. Why do you choose to follow the bit about god and not the bit about crucifying people who curse at their parents?
Whether they deserve to be cruxified or not is beside the point. We all sin, the punishment for sin is death, so technically we all deserve to be killed. I argue with my parents all the time (as I'm sure most people do), even though I try not to most of the time.

If I were to punish someone for sinning (i.e. death) it would be hypocritical and a sin inunto itself, ergo why I am not doing it. Ultimately it is God who will dish out the pain to those who have done wrong.

Telling somoene they are sinning e.g. homosexuals, the subject of this thread and others) is not a sin.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Are you a troll?

Like I don't want to sound mean, but if you're not, I'd lower your ATAR aim by about 10 points...
It's pretty sad when the person who you falsely identified as a troll has more valid arguments than you do.

BlackDragon

HSC
Whether they deserve to be cruxified or not is beside the point.
This is the same as saying, "whether gay marriage is allowed or not is not the point".
It seems to be for you, not to mention all the other stuff you are ignoring.

Last edited:

XaittyO

HSC
Notice that these points, and the one about hitler, are being completely ignored.
EXACTLY.
Fuck it, ill say it.
If hitler did sin, for making so many people suffer and die, how is it different in gods case? What, does god not have the same facial hair? But on that same token, did Hitler not sin? Are you reallyabout to support the slaughter of millions on the basis of their religion and sexuality? Ur choice.

allzy

HSC
I would hate to see y'all Christians try to conduct a scientific experiment.

Name_Taken

HSC
I was being facetious.

Dude, I probably know a lot more about your religion and its religious text than you do, and frankly that's sad (though unsurprising).
Its not about knowing every passage of the Bible inside out, its about faith, of which you seem to have none.

Boasting on the internet has never demonstrated anything aside from immaturity.

BlackDragon

HSC
Its not about knowing every passage of the Bible inside out, its about faith, of which you seem to have none.

But you base your faith on what is written in the bible and then you disregard the bible when it is not consistent with your beliefs.

XaittyO

HSC

WOW.
this kid is for real. He wont even acknowledge our good points, only go after the ones that he thinks he can destroy. Wont take on my hitler theory because he knows im right. Pathetic. Much like your god.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Of course I don't have faith. Obviously, I'm atheist. But nor do you need faith to read/understand the Bible, or vise versa.

XaittyO

HSC
Whether they deserve to be cruxified or not is beside the point. We all sin, the punishment for sin is death, so technically we all deserve to be killed. I argue with my parents all the time (as I'm sure most people do), even though I try not to most of the time.

If I were to punish someone for sinning (i.e. death) it would be hypocritical and a sin inunto itself, ergo why I am not doing it. Ultimately it is God who will dish out the pain to those who have done wrong.

Telling somoene they are sinning e.g. homosexuals, the subject of this thread and others) is not a sin.
But if its a sin for you, why is it nt a sin for god?

Name_Taken

HSC
But you base your faith on what is written in the bible and then you disregard the bible when it is not consistent with your beliefs.
No. The Bible represents one aspect of the faith.

It is very important sure, but its certainly not everything there is.

And I do not ignore parts of the Bible, which are not convenient for me... Read the passage of the Bible in full and in context of Gods message to us all, don't just pull quotes out of Google.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)