• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
And I do not ignore parts of the Bible, which are not convenient for me... Read the passage of the Bible in full and in context of Gods message to us all, don't just pull quotes out of Google.
But you don't have to do the same because you're already a believer, right?

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Its not about knowing every passage of the Bible inside out, its about faith, of which you seem to have none.
So apparently it's perfectly reasonable for someone to never read the Bible (which you have aforementioned is beyond the point) to base their faith on a select few passages specially cherry-picked by their Church?

Isn't this just making the Bible/Christianity suit their own agenda, rather than making a genuine attempt to adhere to the supposedly "divinely inspired" Bible in its entirety?

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I don't understand how that article is meant to make me lower my ATAR by 10 points. By the way, I'm an Atheist, I don't actually take this stuff literally.
I was saying YOU were right. HE was not.

BlackDragon

HSC
No. The Bible represents one aspect of the faith.

It is very important sure, but its certainly not everything there is.

And I do not ignore parts of the Bible, which are not convenient for me... Read the passage of the Bible in full and in context of Gods message to us all, don't just pull quotes out of Google.

But what I am saying is that what christians know about god comes from the bible but they ignore much of what it has to say. There is faith, yes, but you base your faith on knowing about the concept of your god, which comes from that text, bits of which you choose to not follow. It seems arbitrary that you should choose to believe in a god from that and not the other stuff.

And those entire passages are completely clear! I didn't just grab them from google I grabbed them from a christian site that shows whole passages of text. Passages that mention god alot, which you believe, and other bits, which you do not.

Last edited:

dan2452

HSC
What are you talking about. Boasting on the internet always means that you're UBER COOL.

'That's right, you Noobs. I'm a pro, you're a newbie, you can't even hit 5 on that green snail. F3 Hah in your face nub.'

(Sorry for trolling, couldn't resist)

It's about faith, right? Hmm, just out of interest Name_Taken, when were you born?

LOL I found out this naughty website for Christians..

christian singles and christian dating for single christians with Christian Connection in Australia - friendship, dating, personals, singles and matchmaking agency

Whoa. So Bad and sinful. :spin:
But christians arent meant to date, they're only allowed one partner.

So this is another example of the 'cherry picking' where they choose to disregard the commandments, but the sentence on homosexuality is real

Name_Taken

HSC
Of course I don't have faith. Obviously, I'm atheist. But nor do you need faith to read/understand the Bible, or vise versa.
An element of faith is required to understand and follow the word of God.

John 8:42-44

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.

43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Name_Taken

HSC
But christians arent meant to date, they're only allowed one partner.

So this is another example of the 'cherry picking' where they choose to disregard the commandments, but the sentence on homosexuality is real
Date: n/ An engagement to go out socially with another person, often out of romantic interest.

Dating does not equate to immoral behaviour.

Name_Taken

HSC
But you don't have to do the same because you're already a believer, right?
I didn't say he had to or didn't have to either, its not like I'm going to force him to if he doesn't want to (which I presume in fact that he doesn't). And who said I had to or didn't have to?

I choose to because I am a believer.

dan2452

HSC
I didn't say he had to or didn't have to either, its not like I'm going to force him to if he doesn't want to (which I presume in fact that he doesn't). And who said I had to or didn't have to?

I choose to because I am a believer.
Just one direct question, do you believe that homosexual marriage should be allowed?

Name_Taken

HSC
But what I am saying is that what christians know about god comes from the bible but they ignore much of what it has to say. There is faith, yes, but you base your faith on knowing about the concept of your god, which comes from that text, bits of which you choose to not follow. It seems arbitrary that you should choose to believe in a god from that and not the other stuff.

And those entire passages are completely clear! I didn't just grab them from google I grabbed them from a christian site that shows whole passages of text. Passages that mention god alot, which you believe, and other bits, which you do not.
The Bible is a good way to learn about God.

The Bible contains passages where God has spoken to people in history and has set down rules for them to follow.

That doesn't make them like completely binding on the individual today. Now this doesn't mean that they are invalid or not applicable either. Christianity is a journey of the individual. The individual is given the free will to govern their actions. Their actions may be in accordance with Gods rules that are in the Bible or may be against them, in which case the individual will be always held accountable.

There is no dispute that the Bible condemns homosexuality (comming back to this, because it is the subject of the thread). Passages in the OT and NT describe it as unacceptable and sinful. Discussions on other activities condemned by the Bible are therefore of limited relevance in this "debate".

As I've said a million times already, through sincere faith in Christ, the individual will be forgiven for his/her sins, however heinous they may be and for whatever reason they were committed.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
You don't get the point. You choose to believe in a god from this text, of which you are selective. Don't you then see it is arbitrary to believe in god from that text at all? Your faith comes from knowing about the concept of god, which comes from the bible, and you only believe in parts of it. But choose to pursue others with this moral elitism.

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC
I'm just trying to tell you that you should stop calling homosexuality a sin, that's all. Just accept it. And let go.

I'm accepting Christianity, because that's your belief. I'm asking you to accept mine.
No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)