Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

katey**

HSC
i wuld be interested in the results of this poll as this interlocks with my pip for next year if you can possible send them to me maybe please?

RTTTYTR

HSC
dieburndie said:
How can you call that love? and a lot of homosexuals are drug dependent anyway, and become single parents because it is a well known fact hat is very hard for a homosexaul relationship to last.
So these facts I assume are supported by academic peer-reviewed studies? Which ones?

P.S. I do know that your post is a trollage, just want to see how creative you can be

Last edited:

hj741

HSC
N/A
Just what is so wrong about homosexuality. People can choice to live their life the way they like it. May I ask how does other people being gay affect you? Does it take away your rights or your life? NO.
http://www.gay2share.com/haveyoursay_portal.php
Check out the polls for yourselves and enjoy ;)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Iron said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/06/2111980.htm

Pink revolution begins.
Is Penny Wong really a les-bean-ian?
Yep. Though while not a secret iirc she doesn't like to dwell on it too much.
I think she might've crossed the floor (to the greens and democrats) when the marriage amendment was pushed through by both major parties. But I think that's probably the furthest she's gone with her sexuality in parliament.

gabbus

HSC
dieburndie said:
Every child is entitled to both a mother and father. Raising a child in any other situation is unnatural and very wrong.
I agree! All those single parents out there make me sick! And how dare a woman let her husband die so her children have to grow up in an unnatural and very wrong environment!

You are an idiot.

masterchief111

HSC
Homsexuality, not only an unforgivable sin(all major religions) and unhumane it's a terrible disease, even worse than aids. They are sickening the world and we need to get rid of them, fast.

danlan

HSC
poloktim said:
Funny, I am a theist. My strong religious beliefs have also made me believe strongly in social justice. Denying homosexuals the right to marry seems to me like a gross social injustice. Last time I checked homosexual people were people too, which means they're afforded the same rights as heterosexual people.

As for homosexuality, or the nature of homosexuality itself. Call me naive, but I refuse to believe that it can be a conscious choice. It seems foolish for somebody to choose to become a member of one of the world's longest discriminated groups. Therefore, I think that it's a case of having orientation thrust upon you, much like race and gender, and is uncontrollable. Therefore discrimination, much like discrimination against race and gender is rather socially injust, and therefore biggoted attitudes against homosexual people would be against God's wishes.

I might just be a moronic theist here, though. :(
I think as a religious person you are perfectly sane and rational unlike some hypocrites, fundamentalists etc.

pinkyforce7

HSC
I have nothing against homosexuallity. I know plenty of people who are of homosexual orientation and I accept them fully. however, i dont support gay marriage. Doesnt seem proper to me. im a bit traditional.

brainwashed39

HSC
i think marriage is a load of bollocks.
but if you happen to like bollocks and want to get married then i believe no matter what your gender or the gender of your partner you should be legally intitled to do so.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Do we really want to destroy one TENTH of the population, simply because they're different? Or because of religion?
Well it will help with over population.

But in all seriousness I support homosexuals, and I acknowledge that it's not really a choice and that G-d created them this way. Though like other posters I'm a bit traditional and I don't believe there should be marriage. Perhaps civil unions.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Im still convinced that it's bad policy. I dont refute homosexuality, or that two homosexuals can love eachother, but I do accept that the concept is at odds with a good society/community which values life. It would be a disasterous message for Church and State to send. The country would either internally collapse overnight, or succumb to an invasion from the stronger peoples of NZ, Indonesia ETC.

So, sucks to be gay, but i'm sure that they can accept the greater good. I would encourage them to turn their rage and suffering inwards; internalize, simmer and, when the time is right, blow their enemies off the face of the earth with the fury of God's own thunder.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
idk... it's hard to tell when someone's trolling or exaggerating their beliefs to seem like it's a troll while still putting it out there :eek:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
lol wot. is this guy trolling or what. like seriously just massive facepalm.
He obviously is, surely you would be able to tell by now.

U

Ubik

when they adopt children, the child rape will skyrocket. homosexuals rape children in greater numbers than heterosexuals. the studies are out there, they just aren't politically correct to say because homosexuals feel discriminated when you expose anything negative about homosexuality. if you mention AIDS or anything, you get labeled a bigot. the politically correct thing is to accept homosexuality and not question them in any way, because they are perfect and there is no darkness to homosexuality.

this move is just the beginning. In 100 years or so, when the de-Christianization of the world is complete, and people live solely to satisfy their lusts and have no reason to maintain any moral standards, the government will be the God that regulates men's actions. By then the NAMBLA (who is made up of mostly gay men btw) people will have accomplished their goal of molesting children and will say that relations between men and boys should not be hindered by what some book written by "goat herders" says.

Posit to think for a second, if there were no Christians. Why would people give to charity, help their neighbors, forgive anyone, respect their parents, give to the needy, make family life a priority and etc? People cherry pick at the Bible and spin it around to make Christians seem to be an evil sect of people (60% of the Aus pop. is Christian btw). People will be regulated by whoever is in charge and not think for themselves at all for their actions.

I know most of Bos is made up of teenagers and young uni students who are in their defiant/prick stage in life so I don't really ever opine on these matters because I know most of them will see how life really is, and the importance of the values taught in the Bible. That and most people dont act like this in real life and like to troll on bos for fun. I am guilty of all of these things myself at one time or another.

When I think about Christianity, I think about it this way: If you were robbed, beaten and stabbed, and you could chose 1 person to pass you be to possibly save your life, would you choose a true Atheist, a Satanist, or a true Christian? Christianity teaches people to be selfless, and that dying for a friends sake is the greatest love you can show to someone. It teaches to go out of your way, even inconvenience yourself for the sake of another human being, and that life is precious. So goat herders at the time might not have had a PHD in anthropology, but they knew about morals/ethics, and the basic truths about the human existence and the importance of it.

Jess007

HSC
wow, i dont know what to think after that post....at all...where do u get off? lol

Iron said:
Im still convinced that it's bad policy. I dont refute homosexuality, or that two homosexuals can love eachother, but I do accept that the concept is at odds with a good society/community which values life. It would be a disasterous message for Church and State to send. The country would either internally collapse overnight, or succumb to an invasion from the stronger peoples of NZ, Indonesia ETC.

So, sucks to be gay, but i'm sure that they can accept the greater good. I would encourage them to turn their rage and suffering inwards; internalize, simmer and, when the time is right, blow their enemies off the face of the earth with the fury of God's own thunder.

boris

Banned
HSC
Ubik said:
when they adopt children, the child rape will skyrocket. homosexuals rape children in greater numbers than heterosexuals. the studies are out there, they just aren't politically correct to say because homosexuals feel discriminated when you expose anything negative about homosexuality. if you mention AIDS or anything, you get labeled a bigot. the politically correct thing is to accept homosexuality and not question them in any way, because they are perfect and there is no darkness to homosexuality.

this move is just the beginning. In 100 years or so, when the de-Christianization of the world is complete, and people live solely to satisfy their lusts and have no reason to maintain any moral standards, the government will be the God that regulates men's actions. By then the NAMBLA (who is made up of mostly gay men btw) people will have accomplished their goal of molesting children and will say that relations between men and boys should not be hindered by what some book written by "goat herders" says.

Posit to think for a second, if there were no Christians. Why would people give to charity, help their neighbors, forgive anyone, respect their parents, give to the needy, make family life a priority and etc? People cherry pick at the Bible and spin it around to make Christians seem to be an evil sect of people (60% of the Aus pop. is Christian btw). People will be regulated by whoever is in charge and not think for themselves at all for their actions.

I know most of Bos is made up of teenagers and young uni students who are in their defiant/prick stage in life so I don't really ever opine on these matters because I know most of them will see how life really is, and the importance of the values taught in the Bible. That and most people dont act like this in real life and like to troll on bos for fun. I am guilty of all of these things myself at one time or another.

When I think about Christianity, I think about it this way: If you were robbed, beaten and stabbed, and you could chose 1 person to pass you be to possibly save your life, would you choose a true Atheist, a Satanist, or a true Christian? Christianity teaches people to be selfless, and that dying for a friends sake is the greatest love you can show to someone. It teaches to go out of your way, even inconvenience yourself for the sake of another human being, and that life is precious. So goat herders at the time might not have had a PHD in anthropology, but they knew about morals/ethics, and the basic truths about the human existence and the importance of it.
Fuck me you idiots. You're spending time lolwtfing at Iron when this guy posts??
I am saddened and disappointed in you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)