Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

boris

Banned
HSC
Posit to think for a second, if there were no Christians. Why would people give to charity, help their neighbors, forgive anyone, respect their parents, give to the needy, make family life a priority and etc? People cherry pick at the Bible and spin it around to make Christians seem to be an evil sect of people (60% of the Aus pop. is Christian btw). People will be regulated by whoever is in charge and not think for themselves at all for their actions.
I'm not a Christian and I donate to the Cancer Council and the Guide Dogs Association.
I also support and promote (with thanks to my job) other not for profit research organisations (and some profit organisations). These include;
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Kidney Australia
- Breast Cancer Foundation
- World AIDS Day
To name a few.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Ubik said:
when they adopt children, the child rape will skyrocket. homosexuals rape children in greater numbers than heterosexuals. the studies are out there, they just aren't politically correct to say because homosexuals feel discriminated when you expose anything negative about homosexuality. if you mention AIDS or anything, you get labeled a bigot. the politically correct thing is to accept homosexuality and not question them in any way, because they are perfect and there is no darkness to homosexuality.

this move is just the beginning. In 100 years or so, when the de-Christianization of the world is complete, and people live solely to satisfy their lusts and have no reason to maintain any moral standards, the government will be the God that regulates men's actions. By then the NAMBLA (who is made up of mostly gay men btw) people will have accomplished their goal of molesting children and will say that relations between men and boys should not be hindered by what some book written by "goat herders" says.

Posit to think for a second, if there were no Christians. Why would people give to charity, help their neighbors, forgive anyone, respect their parents, give to the needy, make family life a priority and etc? People cherry pick at the Bible and spin it around to make Christians seem to be an evil sect of people (60% of the Aus pop. is Christian btw). People will be regulated by whoever is in charge and not think for themselves at all for their actions.

I know most of Bos is made up of teenagers and young uni students who are in their defiant/prick stage in life so I don't really ever opine on these matters because I know most of them will see how life really is, and the importance of the values taught in the Bible. That and most people dont act like this in real life and like to troll on bos for fun. I am guilty of all of these things myself at one time or another.

When I think about Christianity, I think about it this way: If you were robbed, beaten and stabbed, and you could chose 1 person to pass you be to possibly save your life, would you choose a true Atheist, a Satanist, or a true Christian? Christianity teaches people to be selfless, and that dying for a friends sake is the greatest love you can show to someone. It teaches to go out of your way, even inconvenience yourself for the sake of another human being, and that life is precious. So goat herders at the time might not have had a PHD in anthropology, but they knew about morals/ethics, and the basic truths about the human existence and the importance of it.
Geoffrey Leonard believes that he is "true to God" (he's Anglican)

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
How has nobody brought up Catholic paedophiles until now :(
Are these men of God gay, or have they just lost their way?
*confused*

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah I think that's interesting too. The requirement of abstinece pressumably draws in homosexual men (what better excuse for not being married!?). But I guess that some were presented with too great a temptation, in young men who admire them and could keep a secret. I assume it had less to do with paedophilia than it did with having a chance to safely fulfill their strongest desires.

On a related note, in a very beautiful essay on Strauss, the author contends that he saw man's love as the highest prize for both God and women.
Ill continue this later

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Considering Those who are FOR Homosexual Marriages, under the Principle their Both consenting Adults, and its their Decision, therefore its OK,

What would you say to Incest Marriages, under the principle their both Consenting Adults, and its their Decision ?

Not trying to start something, Genuine Question.

personally, i am against gay marriages only because it allows other minorites who participate in whaky shit to ask for their rights under the same pretenst.

i simply coundt care if your gay or not gay. aslong as i dont have to change my way of living for your gayness.

thx

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
^well to me it’s wacky. Not the person himself but his sexual desires to me are wacky.
Hey, i would never look down upon a homosexual as an individual but i would look down to his sexual preference. Call me whatever you want but that’s just.....ME.

Another reason i am concerned is if gay marriages are made legal in Australia, if those couples adopt it is likely they will try to grow their children as gay people. You probably try to say this is not true, but it is the course of nature.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
bigboyjames said:
^well to me it’s wacky. Not the person himself but his sexual desires to me are wacky.
Hey, i would never look down upon a homosexual as an individual but i would look down to his sexual preference. Call me whatever you want but that’s just.....ME.

Another reason i am concerned is if gay marriages are made legal in Australia, if those couples adopt it is likely they will try to grow their children as gay people. You probably try to say this is not true, but it is the course of nature.
You're an idiot.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Please link to these studies that prove homosexuals have greater levels of child rape. Otherwise this is an unfounded, and yes, bigoted claim .
I think the thing is that the child rape does more often get reported as an older man on a boy, but a lot of these people have never been homosexual...

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
ITT: Nolan gets severely trolled.

Look at the rest of Ubik's posts.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bigboyjames said:
Here is your statement in the racial equivalent.

^well to me it’s wacky. Not the person himself but his racial background and his customs to me are wacky.
Hey, i would never look down upon an ethnic person as an individual but i would look down to his race. Call me whatever you want but that’s just.....ME.
Do you see how "that's just me" seems to be very ignorant of you? Like you're avoiding trying to find the reason behind your thoughts? "That's just me" is something I read a lot in the forums.

Well no, we're not accepting that it's just you. The fact that you say that it's just you seems to me that you are unable to articulate any proper reasoning for your views. Chances are you haven't really thought about it, you've just assumed your position without any deeper thought. If you have, please share it with us.

bigboyjames said:
Homosexuality is not some sort of political view that you try to drill your children into agree with.

bigboyjames said:
You probably try to say this is not true, but it is the course of nature.
Then are you saying that homosexuality is part of nature too?

Or do you mean, it is the way parents work; they try to drill in values, morals and behaviours into their children. How many values/morals/behaviours have you adopted from your parents? All of them? Do you think children are mere sponges?

I believe that homosexual people, after the discrimination and intolerance that they've had to put up with throughout their lives, would only want their children to be whoever they want to be: straight or gay. Homosexual people are probably the last kind of parents who would force an identity upon their children, as they know how horrible and dishonest it feels.

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
dieburndie said:
ITT: Nolan gets severely trolled.

Look at the rest of Ubik's posts.
Who can tell anyway? There are serious crazies out there that are just like the trolls.
bigboyjames said:
What's wrong if they do grow their kid up to be gay?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Ubik said:
when they adopt children, the child rape will skyrocket. homosexuals rape children in greater numbers than heterosexuals. the studies are out there, they just aren't politically correct to say because homosexuals feel discriminated when you expose anything negative about homosexuality. if you mention AIDS or anything, you get labeled a bigot. the politically correct thing is to accept homosexuality and not question them in any way, because they are perfect and there is no darkness to homosexuality.
So we should not accept homosexuality as some of them might be child rapers? Is that what you're saying? Should we do other pre-emptive things such as round up any people who have had shitty childhoods, come from lower class families and have antisocial behaviour and lock them up because some of them might end up as criminals? Please.

As for the rest of your post, I will not discuss in this thread. Please don't talk about religion and how the world is 'de-christianising', as it creates severe tangents in the thread. Please focus and stay on topic.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Why do you religious types care SO much about people's sex lives? And come to think of it, why do you NON-religious people who dislike homosexuality care so much as well? It's not as if it affects you.

And it's funny, most of the AIDS cases around the world are from consensual heterosexual sex.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Ah yes, that would be a more effective example.

Ban priests because some of them might be child rapers too. What a twist to the argument!

MTP

HSC
I dont mind them, i would give them respect as i would to anybody else. but them marrying? i am deeply against it.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
MTP said:
I dont mind them, i would give them respect as i would to anybody else. but them marrying? i am deeply against it.
Even the civil, secular version?

Why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)