Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

MTP

HSC
Kwayera said:
Even the civil, secular version?

Why?
secular/civil, im cool with. To an extent.

But i just grew up with christian values and believed in hetero marriages, "man and woman". Not "man and man" or "woman and woman".

But then, i disagree with the laws that prevent homosexual couples, to not have the same rights as hetero married couples (ie. adoption, AI, "will" related crap). That is why i dont mind them having secular (non religous) marriages, so they have "equal" rights as any other person (to an extent).

So yeh, As long as they are not partaking in "marriage" and they do some other form of, unionship or whatever, then im cool with that.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
MTP said:
secular/civil, im cool with. To an extent.

But i just grew up with christian values and believed in hetero marriages, "man and woman". Not "man and man" or "woman and woman".

But then, i disagree with the laws that prevent homosexual couples, to not have the same rights as hetero married couples (ie. adoption, AI, "will" related crap). That is why i dont mind them having secular (non religous) marriages, so they have "equal" rights as any other person (to an extent).

So yeh, As long as they are not partaking in "marriage" and they do some other form of, unionship or whatever, then im cool with that.
AFAIK, there are two types of legal "marriage" here, religious and civil. Both are called "marriage", but one can be "married" either by a religious leader (religious) or a civil celebrant (civil/secular).

MTP

HSC
Kwayera said:
AFAIK, there are two types of legal "marriage" here, religious and civil. Both are called "marriage", but one can be "married" either by a religious leader (religious) or a civil celebrant (civil/secular).
AFAIK???

and yes i know that, i was referring to homosexuals marrying in general. Not just in Australia. so yeeeh

*edit**
yeh they cant marry in australia anyway.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
MTP said:
AFAIK???

and yes i know that, i was referring to homosexuals marrying in general. Not just in Australia. so yeeeh
AFAIK = as far as I know.

So you just contradicted yourself. Are you or are you not okay with homosexual marriage (or, as you say, "to an extent")? Or just the use of the word "marriage" you object to?

MTP

HSC
Kwayera said:
AFAIK = as far as I know.

So you just contradicted yourself. Are you or are you not okay with homosexual marriage (or, as you say, "to an extent")? Or just the use of the word "marriage" you object to?
Just the use of the word marriage.

hmm yeah, i cant really explain my point clearly enough. but you should get the jist of my views..:eek:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well, lets see if I can tease it out.

- You think marriage is between hetersexual couples.
- You think the WORD marriage is only for heterosexual couples.
- You don't mind ('to an extent' - want to elaborate on that?) homosexual couples having a legal union, as long as they don't call it marriage.

Is that it? Is your only objection the fact that they want to call it marriage, be it religious or civil? Also given that Abrahamic religious don't have monopoly on the word and meaning of "marriage" and never did?

The Grim Raper

HSC
Let people do whatever the hell they want, so long as it doesn't affect me in any way and they don't do anything obscene in a public area.

Let's think about marriage, it started as a system under the church whereby the woman essentially became the man's property. Nowdays it's held held as 'the thing that people who are in love do,' and it's that common perception that makes homosexuals want a piece of the action. As an agnostic theist I may well get married one day, but honestly, it's a f**king novelty.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Grim Raper said:
Let people do whatever the hell they want, so long as it doesn't affect me in any way and they don't do anything obscene in a public area.

Let's think about marriage, it started as a system under the church whereby the woman essentially became the man's property. Nowdays it's held held as 'the thing that people who are in love do,' and it's that common perception that makes homosexuals want a piece of the action. As an agnostic theist I may well get married one day, but honestly, it's a f**king novelty.
Sorry, marriage waaaaaay predated 'the church'.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I don't think there should be any age.

edit: not NOT NOT! relevant

MTP

HSC
Kwayera said:
Well, lets see if I can tease it out.

- You think marriage is between hetersexual couples.
- You think the WORD marriage is only for heterosexual couples.
- You don't mind ('to an extent' - want to elaborate on that?) homosexual couples having a legal union, as long as they don't call it marriage.

Is that it? Is your only objection the fact that they want to call it marriage, be it religious or civil? Also given that Abrahamic religious don't have monopoly on the word and meaning of "marriage" and never did?
ok tbh,
My previous comments, are based on what my mates (religous) have said, meshed with my morals and beliefs. In which, it all sums up to be a contridicting, stupid opinion. =\

so forget what i just said.

but i truely, do believe they should be entitled to a form of legal union, just not marriage. Just leave it at that.

what about you? you seem to be very interested in, my twisted views on homosexuals and marriage.

The Grim Raper

HSC
Kwayera said:
Sorry, marriage waaaaaay predated 'the church'.
Marriage waaaaaay predated judaism? Well you just shut me down then didn't you. When I say 'the church' I am talking about the various organisations that worship the Father and/or the Son and/or the Holy Ghost.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Marriage predated ANY church that worshipped "The Father/Son/Holy Ghost". There's been marriage since many MANY milennia BC.

MTP

HSC
Schroedinger said:
I'm assuming it's because you make a retarded distinction based on a phrasing for a contract, for no justifiable reason.

"IT JUST IS".

That'd be why, it's called criticism, dearie.
Do i have to justify my retarded views? No
Am i asking you? No
and i think Kwayera has a strong opinion on this subject, that is why i asked. ya bimbo.

hth. kthxbye.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
MTP said:
ok tbh,
\but i truely, do believe they should be entitled to a form of legal union, just not marriage. Just leave it at that.

what about you? you seem to be very interested in, my twisted views on homosexuals and marriage.
But why? You haven't answered that question yet.

And I am very much for secular/civil marriages for anyone who wants it, hetero- or homosexual. I don't much care what the religious do with THEIR marriage ceremonies.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
MTP said:
Am i asking you? No
and i think Kwayera has a strong opinion on this subject, that is why i asked. ya bimbo.

hth. kthxbye.
He's questioning because criticism actually makes you think about WHY you made a decision and the justifications behind it, which is important to separate legitimate opinions from the brainwashed ones.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
MTP said:
yes you do.

when you post on this News Current Affairs & Politics forum, you must be ready to defend your argument.

The Grim Raper

HSC
Kwayera said:
Marriage predated ANY church that worshipped "The Father/Son/Holy Ghost". There's been marriage since many MANY milennia BC.
I'm pretty sure the egyptians and pagans did not have 'marriage'. They may have had a union of people under their god, with it's own specific rules and regulations, but they did not have 'marriage'.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Grim Raper said:
I'm pretty sure the egyptians and pagans did not have 'marriage'. They may have had a union of people under their god, with it's own specific rules and regulations, but they did not have 'marriage'.
Yes, Spadjer, they did.

Unless Abrahamic religions have claim to the WORD "marriage", which they don't.

Religious elitism strikes again.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Schroedinger said:
EDIT: I Believe the moon is a CIA front for their mind control devices that use contrails.

I believe it and it's true, because I believe it, and if you'll see from earlier in this sentence, it's true, which is why I believe it.
Schroedinger said it
I believe it
That settles it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)