Holidays before year 12? (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I think I might do some 4U and 3U maths and some essays for my English teacher. Other than that, I think I might relax and watch Cricket.

the-derivative said:
I've got my maths HSC to study for... but yeah other then that.. I'm just going to relax and maybe get some preperation done for year 12.

By the way, is anyone organising another "Bos meet" like in the summer holidays (even though that never ended up happening) - just curious.
BOS meet .. that will be awesome :D

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
omgd. said:
my teacher for 2of my subs ( same teacher ) hates me so i know if i ask her hwat to revise shell give me a blunt answer. any ideas on what i could doo ?
You can always download the syllabus and start learning of that. I believe as long as you've got the syllabus and a text book, you can always study for the HSC. However, your teacher hating you shouldn't mean that she won't help you for the HSC. It's her job and if she's not fulfilling it - I'd tell your subject coordinator or principal.

omgd. said:
will every book cover every topicc ???
Yes, text books generally cover all modules for the benefit of all students sitting the HSC.

Doctor Jolly said:
BOS meet .. that will be awesome :D
Yeah it would. But probably won't ever end up happening... we tried planning it once (for the start of the prelims) and nobody could agree on a date/location. But it won't hurt to try again this time .... :)

HSC
Lol in fact an interesting idea would be to print the entire business studies syllabus, and commit yourself to reading the entire thing to yourself once per day. It doesn't matter if you don't know what something means, you can fill in the knowledge during the year. This would be maybe 10-15 minutes per day. Business studies is just knowing the syllabus, so this is an easy way to begin.

But honestly, I didn't even study last holidays, let alone the holidays before year 12. XD

The Kaiser

HSC
Well, I'll be studying for 2 Unit H.S.C and also do the 3 unit prelim course for Maths, for a start.

We're going to start H.S.C Biology Module 1, by the end of next week. So I may read ahead.

I'll probably read the first Module of my textbooks for Chem and Physics.

As for English AOS, I haven't the foggiest idea about what to do!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
For English... I'm going to try and find some texts for belonging - and some notes for belonging - wonder if those study guides for belonging are out yet?

I wouldn't study too much these holidays... because it's probably our last break until the end of Year 12.

The Kaiser

HSC
the-derivative said:
For English... I'm going to try and find some texts for belonging - and some notes for belonging - wonder if those study guides for belonging are out yet?

I wouldn't study too much these holidays... because it's probably our last break until the end of Year 12.
Excel Standard/Advanced (2009-2010) is out, but I wouldn't recommend buying it. I feel it's safer to buy guides for the texts you're doing, because Excel will only give you a general outline of the AOS and Modules which would be taught in class anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I don't "trust" those Excel books for English. I try to find quotes and techniques on my own by reading books consistenly. That way, the knowledge sticks to my forebrain efficiently.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I don't "trust" those Excel books for English. I try to find quotes and techniques on my own by reading books consistenly. That way, the knowledge sticks to my forebrain efficiently.
I think that they are great

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think that it actually might just be worthwhile buying Excel English - just because I wanna have a feel of what the new syllabus is like.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
I used my sister's King Lear Study Guide for my studies in Prelim this year and they were terrible. It's honestly way too brief and doesn't explain anything in near enough detail. You're better off sticking with your teacher. And yeah, I do have a lot of trust in my English teachers :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I used my sister's King Lear Study Guide for my studies in Prelim this year and they were terrible. It's honestly way too brief and doesn't explain anything in near enough detail. You're better off sticking with your teacher. And yeah, I do have a lot of trust in my English teachers :)
True. I wouldn't be able to survive the harsh world of HSC English without my teacher's warm guide. :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
True. I wouldn't be able to survive the harsh world of HSC English without my teacher's warm guide. :D
I wouldn't use 'warm' for my teacher, but she is a very nice person. Her classes are just very very intimidating.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I wouldn't use 'warm' for my teacher, but she is a very nice person. Her classes are just very very intimidating.
Hahahaha...

My teachers are certainly "warm". I feel the greatness of their teaching from the aura flowing out of their enthusiastic voice, grave face expression and awesome personality.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Don't study and don't think about school AT ALL.
It's the last break you're gonna get for a WHILE, trust me just enjoy it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahen said:
Don't study and don't think about school AT ALL.
It's the last break you're gonna get for a WHILE, trust me just enjoy it.
Not exactly. :p

Pink Oni

HSC
marcquelle said:
SO AM I YAY WHERE ARE YOU GOING

I'M GOING TOKYO, NAGOYA AND HIROSHIMA
Sorry for the horrendously late reply, I'm going to Nagoya only for a couple of weeks =]

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Pink Oni said:
Sorry for the horrendously late reply, I'm going to Nagoya only for a couple of weeks =]
lols i'm visiting friends in nogoya, that i made when they were here on exchange

chantszhin

HSC
I duno, i'll see if i can get infront for any subjects LOL if i can't.. then HAVE FUN AND RELAX!!!! ARHH CHAT YEAR 12's here!!!!!!!

ninja-boy

HSC
Holiday

yo what are yall plans for this holiday? Are you going to relax and fuck around cause its the last holidays untill the hsc OR are you going to study hard Or a bit of both.

My birthday is in the holidays and its my last chance to drink,smoke weed etcetc. So for me im going to party hard for 1 week then get down and clean my room re-organise everything and get started on the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)