HELP WHAT DO I CHOOSE ;-; (1 Viewer)

Huntress_Waffle

HSC
I got in Eco/Law double at UTS via early entry. I was going to just go ahead with it, but my parents say I should do Eco at USYD then transfer to eco/law 2nd year. I don’t really think there’s much point to that because I know some UTS law graduates who still end up going to top-tier law firms and it’s still a very respectable uni. Plus I really like UTS’s vibe and location and feel like I’d enjoy it there more than USYD.
However I heard some law firms only accept USYD/UNSW kids. I am also quite passionate about Eco and it seems that a lot more USYD/UNSW eco kids make it big e.g. going to RBA, treasury etc. I am interested in working in places like the world bank.

SO I DUNNO ANYMORE HELP
DO I ACCEPT MY USYD ECONOMICS OFFER OR UTS ECO/LAW 😭😭
And I’m even considering UNSW eco then transfer to eco/law second year because both UNSW’s economics and law is renowned.

So yea if anyone could help me with my dilemma I would highly appreciate any input. Plus if anyone could tell me how easy it is to transfer from uts law to usyd law would also be appreciated

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your offer! Essentially, if you wish to study law, then you should attend the university where that is a possibility. In your case, that would be UTS's Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws. While the university that a graduate attended is a factor that is taken into consideration in the legal profession (especially with the more established firms, where USyd and UNSW graduates tend to be prioritised), studying a Bachelor of Economics at USyd means that you would be running a potentially unnecessary risk of not being able to secure a transfer to its Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws. While this same risk would also exist if you choose UTS's Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws, you will have at least guaranteed that in the worst-case scenario, you would still be able to study law. Of course, this does not necessarily suggest that you cannot still achieve the same outcome if you choose to enrol in USyd's Bachelor of Economics, although you must ensure that you do your utmost to perform at a sufficiently high standard to maximise your chances of getting your transfer approved.

Another element that you may wish to consider is recognition of prior learning. If you enrol in UTS's Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws and then successfully transfer to USyd, you may be able to receive credit for some of the units that you complete at UTS, whereas if you transfer internally to the same double degree at USyd, you will have to start the law component from the beginning.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)