help jst skipped entire section of exam (1 Viewer)

Two Sections or Three Sections?

• Two

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Three

Votes: 146 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barbernator

HSC
Re: So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TW

most probably doing just Mod A and Mod C in modules if the questions are good.

shongaponga

HSC
Re: So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TW

To be honest, not all people have the same priorities when it comes to education. Combine this with the fact that quite a few in this catagory dont have much in the way of natural ability and you have the situation where they really have nothing to say beyond 5 total pages. My uncle used to be a HSC supervisor and in some of the schools he went to, people would write their name, scribble for 10 or 15 minutes and then go to sleep.
Had a kid do that in the trial - slept for a good hour and half in Physics exam + did the wrong option

deswa1

HSC

most probably doing just Mod A and Mod C in modules if the questions are good.
Bro seriously do Mod B- if they ask for 2 relateds in Mod C it'll take too long to write a nice essay- do the critical instead imo but its your call

Rawf

HSC

Bro seriously do Mod B- if they ask for 2 relateds in Mod C it'll take too long to write a nice essay- do the critical instead imo but its your call
Don't most people have 2 relateds for mod C? I have essays prepared for both 1 and 2 relateds because I used 1 in my trials but I got another one after trials.
imo, module B is the hardest to get marks

megaman64

HSC

why do people do only 2 sections when it is marked /60... the max they can get is 40/60

sillyb3

HSC
N/A

Waaaait what? They only count 2/3 sections? Someone explain!!!!

hsc2012la

HSC

wow... i think is is why the scaling for english standard is so terrible because some people are lead to believe by their teachers that only two parts count. IT DOESN'T ESPECIALLY FOR PAPER 2. Each section is work 20 marks! Each section is worth 20% of your overall mark! You skip one question you lose 20 marks. Your other sections don't get scaled up or anything. I mean why would the board of studies get us to learn about three different modules and then allow us to only do two of the three? and if you read the front page of the booklet of paper 2 it will state "ATTEMPT ONE QUESTION FROM THIS SECTION". It never states "YOU MAY ATTEMPT TWO SECTIONS OUT OF THE THREE"

Rohanco

HSC

Find the source that's been telling people only the best two out of three sections are marked, and annihilate it!

Last edited:

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
So many people keep saying they only take your best 2 sections out of 3 for English?

Is this true?!

2xL

HSC
Re: So many people keep saying they only take your best 2 sections out of 3 for Engli

..no.

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
Re: So many people keep saying they only take your best 2 sections out of 3 for Engli

Thanks, I don't know where the idea came from. Otherwise why would they make us do 3 if we only had to do 2!

Bloodstriker

HSC

Stop feeding the damn trolls

hsc2012la

HSC

people only claim their teachers to be a source and there was another thread about this issue and a user posted up a picture of the marking of the standard paper (FROM THE BOARD OF STUDIES)
PAPER 1 is out of 45 but will be converted so it's out of 40
PAPER 2 20 marks each section, so each section is worth 20%
There is absolutely no scaling or moderation if you just do two parts. You don't do a part you get 0 simple as that.

YOU MUST ATTEMPT ALL SECTIONS OF THE EXAM. ALL.

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad

This is certainly one of the best things to come out of the 2012 HSC.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

I would be surprised if anyone with a level head believed this tbh

hsc2012la

HSC
Peoples, im freaking out. I found the creative the easiest so that's the only one i did. My school told me that you only have to do your most strongest one and the BOS would scale it to a mark out of 40. Am i doomed? BTW, its the same with modules right? Like, you only have to do one? Thanks, and Good Luck!
lol screwed for sure. your school is stupid.

Alkanes

HSC

Lol whats the point of making us learn 3 modules when if they only gonna take the best of two?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)