help jst skipped entire section of exam (1 Viewer)

Two Sections or Three Sections?

• Two

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Three

Votes: 146 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lovelyapples

Banned
HSC
can someone explain how this works? do you mean they could split half your adv with 1 unit of ext?
From what I understand yes.

Each 'unit' is out of 50. Hence Advance is 2units (out of 100) and ext 1 is one unit (out of 50). Therefore they take one unit from each.

But that only occurs if your extension mark is greater than your advance mark, assuming you have more than 10 units.

Lovelyapples

Banned
HSC
can someone explain how this works? do you mean they could split half your adv with 1 unit of ext?
From what I understand yes.

Each 'unit' is out of 50. Hence Advance is 2units (out of 100) and ext 1 is one unit (out of 50). Therefore they take one unit from each.

But that only occurs if your extension mark is greater than your advance mark, assuming you have more than 10 units.

Lovelyapples

Banned
HSC
This thread should be locked for its plethora of overly stupid comments.
I really do agree.

I am not sure if my faith in society is fading, or that people are just getting stupid.

ffs, you have to do ALL three sections, in both papers

rune lord603

HSC
Hi, I'm anfonee

I wrote like 20 creatives, and end up not using any of them for my creative :(

hongjew

HSC
Trollers be trolling.

Probably aced paper 1 and made this thread so other people can feel better.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
They only take the best 2 UNITS of english. So if you do advanced and extention, and your advanced marks are better than extention, they wont take your extention marks into account. The whole paper is out of 45, and the entire exam for english is out of 105.
That isn't true. They take AT LEAST your best 2 units of English. If you did English Ext and had 11 units, and English Ext was your worst unit then only your 2 units of Advanced would count. If you did worst in Advanced (out of your 11 units), 1 unit of Advanced would count and 1 unit of Extension. If neither are your worst, then all 3 units of English will be counted and one of your other subjects will be half counted. Similarly, if you do 4u English and screwed up Advanced (as your worst subject) having done 12 units then none of Advanced would count.

To clarify for the thread. Every section is counted. It is all double marked. The raw marks are scaled based on the overall performance of your year, which is usually reflective of the difficulty of the subject and, even if you are terrible at a section, attempting a section is easy marks. All of this is over though, good luck to the year of 2012.

ChongDaddy

HSC
The creative with 5 pictures... and the context of belonging through passage of time...

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
All sections count. When people get their raw marks they'll see a mark for each section in the paper.

yasminee96

HSC
Screen Shot 2012-10-18 at 6.40.33 PM.jpg

i do believe this ULTIMATELY means attempt all sections.

just saying...

Riaa

HSC
hahaha. Oh how the world is full of ignorant people and then there are the trolls!
Just choked on my cup if coffee!

All three sections count, and hence why time management is essential in both papers.
We were advise to spend a maximum of 40 mins on each section and no longer than that unless you are 'borrowing' time (eg completing sections 2 in 30 mins first then having 45mis for the other two and not spending 50mins on section 1 and then screwing yourself over for the other two).

What happened happened.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I dont even know why this thread is still open, people are just following onto a good troll by barbenator but for the sake of dignity could everyone please stop?

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
You can't really appeal or do anything. Just do well in your other subjects and hope for an 85+
Can someone out there give me any support I just skipped the creative writing section of my hsc

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Mate, you should know that you had to do all three parts. The format is like the prelims where you have to do all three sections. HSC writers does not put a section for fun you know
FUCK! you serious? FUCK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)