• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Goals4>yR12< (1 Viewer)

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Argonaut, I'd say its usually not just for bragging rights - I need a minimum of 95/98 depending on my two course choices.

And, I also wouldn't mind a scholarship, so I'm aiming for around 99

That may be a little too optimistic though, but I hope I can get 98.

Last edited:

[Damo]

HSC
my goal: band 6 in all my units, premiers award and UAI 99+

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Target UAI- 96
Improve my ranks.
Band 6 in at least 2 subjects. (i'm being realistic by looking at my current results)
Have a good year! (Last year of school you know)

I'm not very organised at the moment for year 12.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
goals:
- pass maths (with God as my witness, I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THE COURSE!!!! *battle cry*)
- band six in at least 4 subjects (esp english)
- form some sort of study plan that doesnt involve ridiculous amounts of caffeine and a rush job the morning its due...lol. though i've only done that about twice this year, thank the lord. it's not fun.
- procrastinate less (ok, now i might be kidding myself...i sure as hell aint leavin BOS for one thing)
- and get a decent uai

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
get band 5 in adv eng (i'm pushing it...failed yr 11, shld be doin std)
get band 6 in mx2, mx1,
get high band 5 in phy, chem and eco (i can always drop eco, got shit marks for yearly) 6 even better
come top 10 in phy chem and eco
come 1st in mx1, mx2 at skool (comin 4th for mx1)
UAI +97.00 (must beat my sis xD)

a8o

HSC
Argonaut said:
Everyone seems to want to get 90+ ... last year everyone wanted 90+ but only a small group of BoSers actually did get it no matter what people told you. I mean, why? Do you want to do something with a 90+ or do you just want bragging rights? Seriously, 90 would have been nice for me but I wouldn't be doing anything with it - Law, Medicine and Advanced Sciences hold no interest with me - but I was more-than happy with my 84. If the number of people who claim they got 90+ actually did get 90+ then HSC would be considered far too easy.

So why do you really want 90+? To do a 90's course ... or just for bragging rights?
Keep in 2 things in mind: the kinds of people who come to BoS and the fact that 90 seems high, but is certainly do-able. Anybody can potentially get 100 at the moment, so to do anything less than

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah! Where did this thread appear from? It must have been near the bottom of the threads...
My goals are to get get an achievable UAI of 90+ probably early 90's because that's what I feel i will get at the moment. I'm have been doing really well in the last year or two, managing to top maths in yr 10 and been in the top 5 all through this year. In physics and chem i've been doing pretty good getting 80's in my prelim exam results, and economics is alright in the 70's. I've been struggling in english, my overall assessment mark was in the 60s which i really need to work on, I don't want it affecting my overall UAI. I want to get band 6's for all my maths, at least a low band 5 for the rest.

tennille

HSC
Riviet said:
Whoah! Where did this thread appear from? It must have been near the bottom of the threads...
My goals are to get get an achievable UAI of 90+ probably early 90's because that's what I feel i will get at the moment. I'm have been doing really well in the last year or two, managing to top maths in yr 10 and been in the top 5 all through this year. In physics and chem i've been doing pretty good getting 80's in my prelim exam results, and economics is alright in the 70's. I've been struggling in english, my overall assessment mark was in the 60s which i really need to work on, I don't want it affecting my overall UAI. I want to get band 6's for all my maths, at least a low band 5 for the rest.
Don't worry too much. The preliminary course is much different to the HSC course (except for maths). I received marks in the 70s for all of my subjects in year 11, but I was getting in the 80s and 90s in year 12. Year 11 is simply a "practice" for year 12. So the chances are that you'll perform much better in year 12 (if you study ;)).

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
I think it got moved from the year 11 thread

studynoob

HSC
N/A
my goals:
-make a bit of effort and try my best in year 12 thou in bound to fail cos im dumb
-try and get good mark to at least mark it into uni
-have fun as much as possible
-cut down on my bad habits (lazing around and sleeping in)
-to not let the hsc interfere with my hobbies skateboarding and tkd and gym
-at least jump a 9 stairs with my skateboard by the end of the hsc

for you relationship fanatics get over it dont worry if you are or arent in a relationship dont be desperate and just have fun! i have not been in a relationship since year 8 and it wasnt a proper one i would like to be in one with a girl but ill just live my life and when the opportunity comes ill take it! dont be desperate!* (*rant in sick of you bosers who worry too much of themselves just be happy)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
studynoob said:
my goals:
-make a bit of effort and try my best in year 12 thou in bound to fail cos im dumb
-try and get good mark to at least mark it into uni
-have fun as much as possible
-cut down on my bad habits (lazing around and sleeping in)
-to not let the hsc interfere with my hobbies skateboarding and tkd and gym
-at least jump a 9 stairs with my skateboard by the end of the hsc

for you relationship fanatics get over it dont worry if you are or arent in a relationship dont be desperate and just have fun! i have not been in a relationship since year 8 and it wasnt a proper one i would like to be in one with a girl but ill just live my life and when the opportunity comes ill take it! dont be desperate!* (*rant in sick of you bosers who worry too much of themselves just be happy)
This proves to me that people can have a life whilst doing the HSC.
Your #1 focus is the hsc.
Get into a relationship after the hsc. There's tonnes of girls out there but only 1 HSC.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
..and studynoob, take care of your arms. There's gonna be a whole lot of misadventure red tape you'll get involved in if you break them.
Dont worry, stay calm and keep those hobbies going.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, take care studynoob, it's good that you still aim to have a life, i'm like the opposite, too lazy to do much moving around, all the best mate. ;)

Always

HSC
Year 11 was the worst year for me. I completely lost it, got overly stressed, and as a result my grades slipped dramatically.

My goals for the hsc:

* be consistent in terms of hw, studying, making notes, revising, assessments
* stress less (and consume less caffeine)
* top 10 rankings for everything (except english)
* band 6 for everything (except english)
* uai over 95, or better yet, 98 :eek:

HSC
drewgcn said:
Argonaut, I'd say its usually not just for bragging rights - I need a minimum of 95/98 depending on my two course choices.

And, I also wouldn't mind a scholarship, so I'm aiming for around 99.5

That may be a little too optimistic though, but I'm fairly sure I can get at least the 98.

just wondering.. for this kind of mark what is ur study plan? or are u just naturally super brainy?
I would love as higher uai i can get, but since moving from country(top placings in everything) to city.. lets just say my confidence in my abilities has dropped markedly. plus my motivation is pretty low

P

pLuvia

I'll be happy with band 5 in english, anything in the 80s is fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)