General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
That exam was FUKED (last 2 questions) and any geeky faggot that thought it was easy should go suk on the BOS diks (the pooftas that they are..:chainsaw: )...and one more thing.. if any board of studies poofs are watching this comment, let me say "U CHOSE THE WRONG YEAR 2 FUK WITH!":evilfire:

shaon0

HSC
your maths department seems pretty idiotic
Yeah that's stupid. It says in the marking notes "thus, by mathemtical induction, the statement is true for..." instead of a pargraph conclusion but you have to define the statement.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I agree! :)
I think I'm going to miss ext 1 the most :( It was a lot of fun and the people were great!
+ 1, my sentiments exactly :)
+1... we had a wonderful class of 8... the top students in the year, with the same teacher we've all had every year since year 7...
Ima reaaally miss that bitch.
Yay for extension! =D

tehehe... my point proven, thanks guys.

in fact, because of ext, i will definitely be picking maths as an elective at uni.

we started with a class of 15 - whittled down to 8

we formed a really close group, called ourselves the "mathletes" (haha, not as nerdy as you'd think...we're pretty cool aye, lol), and we always helped each other.

awww... =P

well i really hope all ur marks reflect ur passion and ur dedication,
and that you take with you more than just formulas from maths ext =]

Puttah

HSC
Hi-5. My teacher would do that too: 'Don't write some crappy little thing after your induction proof!' LOL.
Oh then I suppose "and then with all that induction mumbo jumbo, that thing up there is true" wouldn't suffice?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My maths department are really picky, like I lost marks once for using the first-derivative test instead of the second derivative and also for writing 'hence true by process of mathematical induction' instead of 'since true for n = k and true for n = 1 etc all that bullshit'
LOL that's pretty bad. I don't believe they even look at a conclusion in the HSC, and even if they do, a small statement: "hence true by PMI" is enough.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
LOL that's pretty bad. I don't believe they even look at a conclusion in the HSC, and even if they do, a small statement: "hence true by PMI" is enough.
lol, thats wat i did.
and the cut off mark for an e4 is 62? thats fucked, it cant be that high? can it?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lol, thats wat i did.
and the cut off mark for an e4 is 62? thats fucked, it cant be that high? can it?
I doubt it would be that high imo. But then again, my guess is just as good as the guy's next to me.

00iCon

HSC
I've been told that if it's 2 marks, they don't, but if its 4+ it's likely they do want a conlusion.
I've always been taught to write: as ture of n=1, true for n=1+1=2 and for n=2+1=3 and so on for all positive integers n.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lol, thats wat i did.
I highly doubt that it'll be 62 - if past trends continue (as it should, I mean there would be no logic in rising the band cutoff for an exam which was considered harder than past exams) you'd be looking at mid 50s in my opinion.

Anything over would be overestimating the ability of the state, anything under 55, I think you're pushing it.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I've been told that if it's 2 marks, they don't, but if its 4+ it's likely they do want a conlusion.
In the HSC there are no marks given for the concluding statement.

I've always been taught to write: as ture of n=1, true for n=1+1=2 and for n=2+1=3 and so on for all positive integers n.
Yeah that's what my teacher taught me, but apparently the HSC doesn't like this 'mantra', so I just wrote "Hence it is true for all n>= 1, by induction", which is what they prefer (as said in the 2005 (and 2007 I think) MX2 marker's comments). Your teacher wouldn't be someone of initial 'SKB', would it?

Monsterman

HSC
For question 3cii) Find the exact value of tan(Pi/8)..
Would i still get marks if i didnt simplify it fully?
like i left it still with roots

its still in exact form but not in simplest?

jules.09

HSC
For question 3cii) Find the exact value of tan(Pi/8)..
Would i still get marks if i didnt simplify it fully?
like i left it still with roots

its still in exact form but not in simplest?
Haha, I hope so, after all, the board doesn't issue half marks. It's correct anyway.

boganxcore

HSC
yea i didnt get that binomial at all.. just skipped it and planned to come back to it, never did haha.

MonkeyD12345678

HSC
This was literally the easiest test I have done all HSC. Aanyone who struggled is the biggest idiot ever, and I only do 3U maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)