fuel prices! (1 Viewer)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
jooobl said:
Speaking of petrol prices... I went for a drive today to see where I could get the cheapest petrol in my area... So yeah, the cheapest was $1.30-something so I am like, yeah ok...pull up-- fill it up... THEN I FUCKING REALISE I FILL IT WITH THAT PREMIUM UNLEADED SHIT.... SO MUCH FOR SAVING MONEY!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IT WAS SO EXPENSIVE AND I ONLY REALISED WHEN I HAD FILLED IT UP LIKE 3/4's FULL!

:mad1:
I only put premium or better in my car, no shitty regular unleaded for me. Who gives a shit about petrol prices, you can't go without petrol if you want to drive so shut up or do something about it.

CieL

HSC
Well.. look on the bright side - I have to pay 11c on top of whatever you guys are paying because my car can only hack premium.. in a 65L tank..

- L1n -

HSC
CieL said:
Well.. look on the bright side - I have to pay 11c on top of whatever you guys are paying because my car can only hack premium.. in a 65L tank..

rofl, hahaha thankgod i can take both, but i would prefer premium over unleaded, only cos it cleans my engine and i get a extra 2KW out of it. :rofl:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Go out and buy some moth balls. By adding them to the fuel everytime you fill up they act as an octane booster (if you've noticed all those octane boosters have napthalene as the active ingredient = mothballs). So with a couple of mothballs (or napthalene flakes/powder) 93 octane becomes 96-97.
Unfortunately, it does clog up cat converters - however older cars and ones with straight-through systems can benefit greatly - as can their owners.

I have used this method without fail. Though I'd recommend a precautionary injector clean every 20k - but that has never been a problem.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
DaddyK said:
I only put premium or better in my car, no shitty regular unleaded for me. Who gives a shit about petrol prices, you can't go without petrol if you want to drive so shut up or do something about it.

I give a fucking shit because it's my money and I don't want to waste it on something that I don't think is worth it, especially when I could of done the cheaper option when I stupidly didn't

You can do what you like, but me I prefer to save my money for more important things...not so called 'premium' petrol

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
petar13 said:
Go out and buy some moth balls. By adding them to the fuel everytime you fill up they act as an octane booster (if you've noticed all those octane boosters have napthalene as the active ingredient = mothballs)

:eek: mothballs?? i want to hear ciel expert opinions on this! as much as i'd want to save i dont want to fuck up my car.. :confused:

$50 to fill up the tank today & its a blardy old toyota corolla :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
fantaztik2006 said:
what is going on.. any idea when the prices are dropping!
It sounds like you just crawled out from under a rock. Fuel prices have been steadily rising over the last several years. It's highly unlikely they'll ever drop, fuel can only get scarcer as time goes on, who knows when we'll run out of fuel for our cars.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
I remember a while ago some service stations charged a flat 4c more for premium (eg. BP)... is that still the same?

ANd what car do you drive DaddyK? Does it really benefit much from PULP?

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
I remember a while ago some service stations charged a flat 4c more for premium (eg. BP)... is that still the same?
Well.. usually they charge 4c extra.. but I have to fill up at Caltex.. and I think for their 95 they charge 7c extra.. and 98 is 11c extra.. a total rip I say.. it's because they know that companies with company cars will definately follow them and the company will also have to pay for petrol expenses.. depending on what the benefit is of course..

Oh I guess that also answers your Q about "flat rate".. NOPE!

I just calculated.. $1.50x65L = $97.50!!! If I were to fill up a full tank anytime soon, it'd cost me nearly a hundred bucks!! OMGWTFBBQ!!

And great.. I just got the car back today.. and not last week when the petrol prices were lower..

Mongke

HSC
i gree, its getting ridiculous! invading Iraq meant jack! we could have at least got something out of it! all we got was a PM with a brown tongue.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
mothballs?? i want to hear ciel expert opinions on this! as much as i'd want to save i dont want to fuck up my car...
Awww come on - don't trust me?

I was, btw, being totally serious - and I'm no n00b at this.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
sooo after you fill up the car, you secretly pop a month ball into the tank??

the procedure sounds logical, then again im clueless :)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
CieL said:
I just calculated.. $1.50x65L = $97.50!!! If I were to fill up a full tank anytime soon, it'd cost me nearly a hundred bucks!! OMGWTFBBQ!!
I have an 80L tank. >_>
And efficiency is about 7km a litre in the city.... T_T Such a tank.

Riviet said:
It sounds like you just crawled out from under a rock. Fuel prices have been steadily rising over the last several years. It's highly unlikely they'll ever drop, fuel can only get scarcer as time goes on, who knows when we'll run out of fuel for our cars.
Hmm.. apparently on the academic side there are interesting discoveries of new reserves regenerating from old, exhausted spots. This isn't a major blip, but it has thrown in to question current theory about creation of natural oil deposits.

Not that fuel prices will ever drop much, due to economic and petrol company factors. (except on Tuesday mornings)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Well.. usually they charge 4c extra.. but I have to fill up at Caltex.. and I think for their 95 they charge 7c extra.. and 98 is 11c extra.. a total rip I say.. it's because they know that companies with company cars will definately follow them and the company will also have to pay for petrol expenses.. depending on what the benefit is of course..

Oh I guess that also answers your Q about "flat rate".. NOPE!

And great.. I just got the car back today.. and not last week when the petrol prices were lower..
The one word which came to my mouth after reading that.

If it's any consolation at least you got your car back today (looking brand spanking new?). Btw do you get your car washed/cleaned at the servicing for Honda? My Civic came back as dirty as it was when I put it in :(

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
sooo after you fill up the car, you secretly pop a month ball into the tank??
the procedure sounds logical, then again im clueless
Yep. Go for the purest napthalene you can find (some mothballs have some colouring/scents) - usually in flake form (or ball form) - and just put in 2-3 mothballs or a teaspoon of flakes into the fuel. Napthalene burns and generates higher temperatures and a more effective combustion - thus a more powerful combustion stroke. SOME octane boosters also have an oxygenating compound, which also helps to increase combustion temps - but the moth balls have all you need (and are far cheaper, to boot).

Like I said, these can clog up catalytic converters - so if you consider doing this either check if your car has a cat converter (and go ahead if it doesn't), or remove it (and hope to never get emissions tested).

CieL

HSC
BlackJack said:
I have an 80L tank. >_>
And efficiency is about 7km a litre in the city.... T_T Such a tank.
What vehicle is this? But does it take regular unleaded?

I remember filling up the Falcon and although it took a few litres more, it was about $20 cheaper/tank since I didn't need PULP

Jeff: No, they've never washed my car ever.. neither for the toyotas we used to own.. I think I've said this before, but the most they do is put a spritz of perfume in your car if you're lucky =]

At least I hope my car is brand spanking new at the moment since it just came from the friggin repair shop.. I made them buffer the parts they missed the first go.. Now I just hope they didn't do something random to the internals of the car to screw me over since I complained that their first job wasn't good enough

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My Dad's Mazda used to always get cleaned... and my Mum's benz and jags always got the full treatment with wax and all.

And what you said is the exact reason why I'm not game to complain that they didn't do a good job of preparing it for delivery.. well, it was fine, but I still wished the inside was a little cleaner (there were quite a few specs of white dust on the dash)...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Why do you have to fill up at Caltex>

360flip

HSC
N/A
its hilarious seeing the entire economy going into panic when petrol prices are only a few cents more expensive face it oil is running out there is still 50% of the world's oil underground but at our current growing rate for consumption for oil specially from the us china and europe no doubt in a few decades as the top scientist predict that we will completely run out of oil and in that process as oil supplies are becoming more and more limited its price a barrel is going to raise equals higher petrol prices for the economy that may be bad for business the economy goverment everything even the makeup we wear the clothes we wear everything so we are facing a probable catstophe or whatever its spelt so lets face it oil prices are going to rise if you struggle to cope with the petrol prices you can cutback on your expenses or use other forms of transport like taxis buses trains or save petrol and use your car when you only need to stuff like that dont panic for the time being our technology is developing so well that in the future we'll be driving cars run by water or electricity or other resources

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
And what you said is the exact reason why I'm not game to complain that they didn't do a good job of preparing it for delivery.. well, it was fine, but I still wished the inside was a little cleaner (there were quite a few specs of white dust on the dash)...
Bah mine was dirty.. and the plastic surrounding the gearknob had a scratch on it ><

Oh - and I realised yesterday that the clip that connects the seat to the body of the car is broken......................... half the seat comes off now... and I don't know who did it, because 99.99% of the time no-one sits at the back.......

Minai said:
Why do you have to fill up at Caltex>
Starcard =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)