fuel prices! (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Whoa Jeebus and I thought I was doing bad.. which area is that in? (referring to the ULP for $149.9)

Solar powered cars? What'll happen to people who drive extensively at night??? :p

CieL

HSC
YAY Prices dropped (a tad) today!!

$1.31 for ULP

I never thought I'd be cheering for a price like that =.=

HSC
N/A
The saddest thing of all is that in comparison to a few years back, fuel prices have basically doubled from 70 ish to $1.25+. Scary...

luvspud

HSC
I realise this probably has a reasonable bullshit factor to it, but one guy told me he read something where a scientist believed that only 1% of all the oil in the world has been used, and oil companies r lying, sayin it'll all run out n 10 years so they can jack the prices! FUCK 'EM!

He also reckons that there is a huge amount of oil in alaska, but the yanks dont wanna dig it up until everyone else has run out, so they can control everything! (which makes sense too)

Damn them all, we should take a leaf outta Nimbin's book! :mad1:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
It is true that the US is trying monopolize the world's oil supply - they buy from sources in the Middle East, and yet when they find a source on their own land, they plug it up, and leave it 'for that rainy day'. Eventually they may become the sole largest supplier of crude.

The first is also true to an extent. Predictions about oil running out within 10 years were made ~40 years ago. However, as technology improves, undiscovered reserves can then be accessed, and thus stock seems to keep up with demand. This is of-course unsustainable, but there is undoubtedly more oil, which simply cannot be drilled with our current level of technology.

Pace_T

HSC
i read somwhere that it'll be $2 a litre in a year or something......
regarding alaska and oil. i thought the US wasnt getting the oil becoz of greenies wanting to save the enivironment or some shit :confused:

Valeu

HSC
There are apparently enormous reserves under Antarctica... but nations are bound by treaty not to start drilling/mining until at least 2058. And then there are the obvious ethical and environmental reasons... think of the penguins, people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)