forbidden love (1 Viewer)

NinjaB

HSC
Im 16 and am not allowed to have a bf till i finish school nd stuff and i was wondering if theres others out there that hav strict parents like me..
and what are the main reasons for their rule of no boyfriend/girlfriend ?:spin:

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
They probably think a boyfriend will be too distracting and you'll get sidetracked from your studies.

I think that's the reasoning most parents have...

HSC
N/A
i feel sorry for ppl with over restrictive parents, although at the same time i wish mine had cared in other areas more, so i guess it evens out.

sorry i cant help with your problem though.

Rainie

HSC
Thats the stereotype with Asian parents with strict values.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Reasons:

1) Parents want a decent degree and mark out of university after spending so much money on primary and secondary education

2) While you're young, it's meant to be a time for education, not mucking about with unecessary shit

3) They don't want to see you hurt if a guy breaks up with you and ultimately failing at university because of this shit

4) They do it for your own good.

Well, thats at least what my parents said to me.

greentsquare

HSC
If I rep you, supposedly you'll get some rep points.

Rep you: y/n?
We'll see. :p
hmm.. what?
oh, what i meant was that i don't know if it'll work or not if i rep tommykins
coz last tym ive been repped, it turned out neutral, so i was wondering whether a person's amount of posts will have any bearing on it - that's basically me saying i don't get how it works

thanks, though :eek:

back to the topic - my parents are actually almost the opposite of strict, so i dunno how to react to this; I can't even relate to my friends grumbling about not being permitted to have a bf/gf. My 'rents just become pseudo-strict when there's a chance of me being hurt physically (as in the case of them letting me drive the car) or otherwise

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Im 16 and am not allowed to have a bf till i finish school nd stuff and i was wondering if theres others out there that hav strict parents like me..
and what are the main reasons for their rule of no boyfriend/girlfriend ?:spin:
does it even matter, if you dont want to go out with anyone, do you just want to go out withsomeone of the gell of it.........

you could just get a girlfriend, im sure theyll be fine with that

johony

HSC
you could just keep one secretly, on the side. that's what i know most people did.

just tell him not to call your home number or send any letters.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Look, my parents are really strict with the boyfriend thing and tbh I don't care, I dont really want one as such but if I like a guy then I'll ask him out the parents dont need to know everything.
So don't worry about it, you have the rest of your life to go out with hot guys ok! Parents are just so scared for their little babies they can't stand to see us all grown up.

dickiie

Warm, wet and pink. Smells like fish too.
HSC
To OP, I'll be BF ;). (fuck off :lol:)

Fcuk your parents, get a boyfriend behind their backs. They won't know, shit this girl-friend of mine with overrestrictive parents dated a guy and they never found out.

If you live by the restrictions that your parents imposed upon you, you're a fkn idiot (no offence). My parents, an asian male and an asian female, wouldn't let me go out and/or have a girlfriend.

Pfft, just walk out.

NinjaB

HSC
well im from a turkish background and people do keep saying "get one, they'll never find out" but how will yu guys meet up and its gonna be difficult especially with parents who are no where near naiive as other parents coz my parents always check my phone and hav to know where i go before i leave the house

it depends on how much youre parents trust yu i guess..

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
you can always go out in groups =]].

the phone thing is an invasion of privacy as far as i'm concerned.

i don't know how rational they are, maybe you could sit down and have a chat to them about that? the phone thing, and the fact that you're a growing girl, and that you need your own privacy.

how much freedom do you get? ie, allowed to go to movies, beach etc with friends on the weekend? allowed to go to their houses? do they drop you off or do you make your own way there?

NinjaB

HSC
you can always go out in groups =]].

the phone thing is an invasion of privacy as far as i'm concerned.

i don't know how rational they are, maybe you could sit down and have a chat to them about that? the phone thing, and the fact that you're a growing girl, and that you need your own privacy.

how much freedom do you get? ie, allowed to go to movies, beach etc with friends on the weekend? allowed to go to their houses? do they drop you off or do you make your own way there?
oh i like this one :)

ty:eek:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Is it that hard to hide a boyfriend from your parents?

jet

Banned
HSC
LOL. My sister got told the same thing as you and you should have seen her mouth drop. It was priceless.

Just get one anyway. All my friends do it behind their parent's backs. We just go out in a group, then they go off by themselves into the next room...

Its not that hard if you can hold a straight face. Don't tell me you've never not told your parents something???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)