forbidden love (1 Viewer)

Bainesy

HSC
haha, u still believe ur parents?

just get a bf and learn how to hide it. after all, your parents lied to you about santa for several years.

y not get some payback and lie about not having a bf, hmm?

XPac2

HSC
wel i can moreorless do wat i want so na i cant relate.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You do know it's because your parents have a pre arranged marriage agreement with one of their friends, and it'd bring shame upon the agreement if you were to hussy around with an unknown and achieve 99.95 instead of 100.

boris

Banned
HSC
lol fuck some of you asians/ethnics make me laugh

PsychoNerd

HSC
lol, i thought this was goin to be something about ppl loving inanimate objects, lol.

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
Maybe they consider you an ugly child, and so forth wish to hide you from the world, as to not reveal their own distasteful genetic makeup?

ieatbarbies

HSC
I don't know. All of the people I know who had BFs before they turn 40 (exaggerated, in case you didn't realise) didn't tell their parents. Honestly, I would not tell my parents of any relationships unless it was getting pretty serious/obvious anyways. It's embarrassing!

And no, I honestly don't think it is that hard to have a BF and not let your parents know. The phone issue -- uhm it's called deleting messages/history and locking it? Honestly, if you don't know how to outdo your 'rents in terms of technology (I'm assuming they're asian and therefore more or less like my father who called his friend over to turn off the home computer because he was home alone. His friend came over and switched off the power at its supply. Problem solved.) then yeah, they're probably right - you shouldn't have a BF yet. Go get some skills first.

There's MSN and group outings. Or just telling them you're going out with friends (unless they're overly paranoid and don't let you go movies and stuff which is rare if you're over 14). Or go out in groups and part out as someone suggested.

I've got heaps of guy friends, who if I were to date any of them, I'd have been fooling my parents for a very long while now.

And if its really that difficult for you - is he really worth the hassle in the first place? Honestly.

Maybe they consider you an ugly child, and so forth wish to hide you from the world, as to not reveal their own distasteful genetic makeup?
Ha! Maybe ;)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
WAAAHH WAHHHHH MY MUMMY AND DADDY ARENT LETTING ME HAVE A BOYFRIEND EVEN THOUGH I'M OVER LEGAL AGE AND ITS 2009 NOT THE MIDDLE AGES.

if you want a boyfriend, get a boyfriend.
if you think your parents will over-react if you tell them, then dont tell them.

you're a big girl now, stop crying.

"forbidden love".... fucking grow a pair.

HSC
do you really want the hassle of a high school 'relationship', especially if you are going out with someone from your school.

If things turn for the worse, pretty much the entire grade will know almost every little detail, then you just end up getting pissed off because everyone knows your personal business. Seriously just not worth the hassle.

Your parents are trying to do what's best, but at the same time they shouldnt be stifling you too much - damn double edged sword! but hey, it'll probably not be worth the hassles of sneaking around and crap, sure it seems fun at first, but then you just get the shits having to make up new excuses all the time about why you're going out.

boris

Banned
HSC
I don't know. All of the people I know who had BFs before they turn 40 (exaggerated, in case you didn't realise) didn't tell their parents. Honestly, I would not tell my parents of any relationships unless it was getting pretty serious/obvious anyways. It's embarrassing!

And no, I honestly don't think it is that hard to have a BF and not let your parents know. The phone issue -- uhm it's called deleting messages/history and locking it? Honestly, if you don't know how to outdo your 'rents in terms of technology (I'm assuming they're asian and therefore more or less like my father who called his friend over to turn off the home computer because he was home alone. His friend came over and switched off the power at its supply. Problem solved.) then yeah, they're probably right - you shouldn't have a BF yet. Go get some skills first.

There's MSN and group outings. Or just telling them you're going out with friends (unless they're overly paranoid and don't let you go movies and stuff which is rare if you're over 14). Or go out in groups and part out as someone suggested.

I've got heaps of guy friends, who if I were to date any of them, I'd have been fooling my parents for a very long while now.

And if its really that difficult for you - is he really worth the hassle in the first place? Honestly.

Ha! Maybe ;)
sup babe

ieatbarbies

HSC
Haha. Yeah what I was thinking.

Ha! Maybe ;)
sup babe
Hi hun.

Last edited:

XPac2

HSC
Man you're dumb.

You just told a chick to grow a pair, how pathetic.

Just tell your parents to Suck It and get a boyfriend. I have had several GF's and my parents dont really know a thing. I'm allowed to date, but that doesn't mean i tell them when i am.

AlleyCat:

WAAAHH WAHHHHH MY MUMMY AND DADDY ARENT LETTING ME HAVE A BOYFRIEND EVEN THOUGH I'M OVER LEGAL AGE AND ITS 2009 NOT THE MIDDLE AGES.

if you think your parents will over-react if you tell them, then dont tell them.

Lukybear

HSC
you can't disobey asian parents, they will bash you with ruler.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Actually, in the Middle Ages she probably would have been married off by now. And have had three kids.
Unless she really is ugly, and then she would have been called a witch and drowned. Those crazy Middle Ages people. They had such a great sense of aesthetic eugenics. Why can't we drown all the ugly people? So many problems would be solved.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, in the Middle Ages she probably would have been married off by now. And have had three kids.
Unless she really is ugly, and then she would have been called a witch and drowned. Those crazy Middle Ages people. They had such a great sense of aesthetic eugenics. Why can't we drown all the ugly people? So many problems would be solved.
Lol.

--
Girly just wait until 1. a guy asks you out or 2. you find one worthy of you to worrying about all of this

aimhigh10

HSC
Thats the stereotype with Asian parents with strict values.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Reasons:

1) Parents want a decent degree and mark out of university after spending so much money on primary and secondary education

2) While you're young, it's meant to be a time for education, not mucking about with unecessary shit

3) They don't want to see you hurt if a guy breaks up with you and ultimately failing at university because of this shit

4) They do it for your own good.

Well, thats at least what my parents said to me.
dw you arent the only one
and i agree with the above
they think a bf/gf will just ruin your whole hsc and as a result, your life....

i think its not fair :p lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Forbidden Love
He was a boy she was a girl
can I make anyone obvious?

He was a punk, she did ballet
What more can I say?

He wanted her,she'd never tell
secretly she wanted him as well
but all of her friends, stuck up their nose
they had a problem with his baggy clothes.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
Thats the stereotype with Asian parents with strict values.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Reasons:

1) Parents want a decent degree and mark out of university after spending so much money on primary and secondary education

2) While you're young, it's meant to be a time for education, not mucking about with unecessary shit

3) They don't want to see you hurt if a guy breaks up with you and ultimately failing at university because of this shit

4) They do it for your own good.

Well, thats at least what my parents said to me.
story of my life

Well with relationships, I agree with my parent's. So I'm not to hooked on hooking up. But in years 7-10 I think it should be ok to get into a relationship, but once your in 11-12 it's pretty important to study and not get distracted (unless you can manage your time well?)
You could always do what I "would" have done, which is still get with some one, but just not tell your parents. So far this year my parents think i have 4 after school periods, where seriously I have none... I just say I do, so I can come home later with an excusable reason.
But in the end, your parents are doing it for your on good and it's your decision to choose what is right and what is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)