Ernst & Young (3 Viewers)

shengyeo

Sheng
HSC
Hey, Lucy

Your right, we do seem to see each other everytime we are at EY. Anyway, i am thinking of choosing uts as well, has lower UAI required. I rekon it would be good if a couple of people in our TMP group go to the same uni anyway, easier to share notes, etc.

Cya

apprentice63

HSC
This is my first post. I just came across this forum and it has all you need to
know about becoming a cadet.

Thanks to everyone for their time...well done

Well by the time i realised I wanted to become a cadet, all the large firms were
closed so I went through mid-tiers and started applying...HLB mann judd, hallchadwick and a few others.

I was wondering who else has applied for these and heard back?

Also, for people in the field. I am hoping to get HLB. I have heard that they are quite an impressive mid-tier firm with strong reputation. Is this true?

thanks for your time!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I have also heard good things about HLB. They have a good reputation.

A mate of mine got a cadetship at HLB for this year, but they let him go on a gap year to Europe and start next year, guarenteed! Sounds very flexible, which is always a good thing.

Good luck.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know much about HLB but I think they've been featured in BRW here and there. As for Hall Chadwick, quite a few of my friends are from there!- noticably, quite a few UNSW cadets! They seem to enjoy themselves. Also got some friends in other mid-tiers who enjoy it- Horwath, Moore Stephens, etc...

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
Hey guys,

Is there anyone who got a traineeship in FS for next year? I met some peeps at the lunch thingo but my memory has quilities of a goldfish.

Congrats to the other trainees! Cant wait to see ya's next year!

Soda_Can

HSC
is that todd?

im the asian kid who met you at the lunch...any ideas?

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
yeah its me mate. :) Yeah i remember ya, no way id remember your name haha...im shockin with names. Are you joining EY?

turtleface

HSC
seremify007 said:
I don't know much about HLB but I think they've been featured in BRW here and there. As for Hall Chadwick, quite a few of my friends are from there!- noticably, quite a few UNSW cadets! They seem to enjoy themselves. Also got some friends in other mid-tiers who enjoy it- Horwath, Moore Stephens, etc...
I remember HLB was famous a few years back for refusing to budge, and qualifying (and subsequently getting sacked as a result) some well known client. lol, says a lot about the state of auditing

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
jasee said:
Congrats to you guys on your offers :)

Thanks mate, mad keen to get goin...gotta make the move to sydney too...thinkin unilodge. Any suggestions or comments?

YEEEW i got one FS friend...can i call u soda? lol :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
oz_rocker said:
Thanks mate, mad keen to get goin...gotta make the move to sydney too...thinkin unilodge. Any suggestions or comments?

YEEEW i got one FS friend...can i call u soda? lol :)
I was looking at the Unilodge site and it looked pretty good- but haven't actually lived there; and I'd rather keep my trainee salary for myself :) Remember, $800 extra a month can buy a lot of things! Compared to my $5/day travelling expenses (or around $80 a month), that's a 10x increase! So for some of us, it might be cheaper & more viable to stay home.

Since you have to move, Unilodge is probably the most convenient in terms of viability and set up and so on... but not sure how good it is- try asking on the uni boards?

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
Yeah it seems like a pretty sweet place to live...i mean i dont really want to part with another 800-1000 per month but i guess i fair have to. Plus, its a good place to start and hopefully i can find some mates to move in with in a year or so. :) I'm pretty sure i can receive an allowance from centrelink because i am living away from home and pay over a certain amount of rent...which should help. - and i wont have a car (save myself a good million per week :)

So excited for next year! So not excited for the hsc lol.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Stay at home as long as you can!!!!! City prices for beverages are F@&$ED!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I met a certain EY person (from this thread) at uni today... she's in my Econ tute. Yes you. You know who you are!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Those of you working at EY atm, feel free to e-mail or chat to me if you're in the office :p

shengyeo

Sheng
HSC
Hi,

Just wondering, does any of the past years trainees known when the traineeship starts next year, approximately. Is it early Feb or Late January?

Also, is there anybody in the TCE part of TMP comment on where most of the clients are located in sydney? Just wondering as i am trying to work out my UAC form now and trying to work out which uni would be the most convenient.

Thanks,

Sheng

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)