• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

sxcsn

HSC
any calls received from EY today by ny1... Im doubting that their even going to bother calling the rest of us!

HSC
i got my rejection call last friday night.

somehow i think all the offers might have been made :confused:

sxcsn

HSC
just got a call from EY telling me ive been rejected... I asked when all the offers had been made and she sed, get this (I hate to disapoint ny1) but within 24hrs of ur interview!

ihgjuk

HSC
sxcsn said:
went to kpmg today... ny1 been or goin 2 kpmg?
going on friday.. what did they ask you? good food? did they say how long till they accept or reject you?

sxcsn

HSC
Its more like a general chat about urself... food pretty much the standard fare with sandwiches and all... they didnt mention how long until they notify they all just disappeared after the interviews... however i herd that monday is the induction party for successfull applicants so if u dont knw by monday u didnt get in!

NOTE:

just got a call from EY telling me ive been rejected... I asked when all the offers had been made and she sed, get this (I hate to disapoint ny1) but within 24hrs of ur interview!

Id say its similar wif KPMG...

=candii=

HSC
yeh i got my rejection call too. oh well at least i have the pen :)

monday is the induction party? lol what about those ppl who got both kpmg and ey? theyre on the same night

Soda_Can

HSC
i don't believe EY has another night on monday - its already been done on Friday 14th...its KPMG which has theirs 5:30-7:30 on monday...

its that or i missed out on an EY party. bugger.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
so, are there any new trainees in the AABS - TMP division?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Been at EY for a week now. Had all training though last week. I'll see how it goes this week.

lost_lil_anjool

HSC
yup, i got offered a cadetship for TMP. There are about eight of us in total who were offered spots.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
jasee said:
Been at EY for a week now. Had all training though last week. I'll see how it goes this week.
Hey jasee, I'm just curious what kind of stuff will you be doing (in terms of training) in your first 6 months/year.

(Don't need to be too detailed, just wondering what kinda things they do at EY)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lost_lil_anjool said:
yup, i got offered a cadetship for TMP. There are about eight of us in total who were offered spots.
See you in the office next year :)

shengyeo

Sheng
HSC
lost_lil_anjool said:
Hey,

This is Sheng, I am also in TMP, one of the 8. So who is this? I prob met you at the lunch.

Hey just wondering, which uni everyone going to? Can anybody in EY recommend UTS or UNSW giving reasons :)

Cya

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I think it's been discussed on BOS a fair bit, and most people are of the opinion that the B Commerce at UNSW has the best reputation, except for a few majors where USYD has the edge..

lost_lil_anjool

HSC
shengyeo said:
Hey,

This is Sheng, I am also in TMP, one of the 8. So who is this? I prob met you at the lunch.

Hey just wondering, which uni everyone going to? Can anybody in EY recommend UTS or UNSW giving reasons :)

Cya
Heys, Its Lucy. I met you basically everytime we went to EY. lol I'm thinking of UTS... UNSW would be a hassle in my opinion ... late at night going for lectures after a long day in the office.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You're going to receive a similar qualification whatever uni you go to, so it's really about where you feel comfortable going. Since you guys already have a traineeship (with a pretty much guaranteed job after you graduate) then I wouldn't be too fussed about what undergraduate degree you do. After you guys do your CA program at a later stage (and have about 4 years experience by then) your undergraduate degree really won't mean that much.

ishq

brown?
HSC
jasee said:
You're going to receive a similar qualification whatever uni you go to, so it's really about where you feel comfortable going. Since you guys already have a traineeship (with a pretty much guaranteed job after you graduate) then I wouldn't be too fussed about what undergraduate degree you do. After you guys do your CA program at a later stage (and have about 4 years experience by then) your undergraduate degree really won't mean that much.
Jasee - did you have training with any of the BAcc interns? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)