Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Anyone else put in an application for a traineeship and get the call for an interview? Did all applicants actually get an interview?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Meads said:
Anyone else put in an application for a traineeship and get the call for an interview? Did all applicants actually get an interview?
I couldn't help noticing this post... I work there. And I missed your drinks too...

Trogie

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
I couldn't help noticing this post... I work there. And I missed your drinks too...
What do you do there? Where are you studying and how did ya get this job?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Trogie said:
What do you do there? Where are you studying and how did ya get this job?
Audit. Finance & Acct... I just emailed them my resume/cover letter (I had missed the online application deadline by then)

Trogie

HSC
Cool, but did you have any experience in accounting before that or was it just because you wanted to some experience for your degree?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Trogie said:
Cool, but did you have any experience in accounting before that or was it just because you wanted to some experience for your degree?
Yeah I had 2 jobs before then but no experience in audit as such. They don't expect undergrads to know anything anyway.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
santaslayer said:
What do you do there then? The photocopies? :p
I've learnt a lot in four months. It doesn't really matter what you do when you start... because you've just come out of high school you don't understand corporate culture at all but you get proper training and you learn on the job. That's the whole point.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
we have not had drinks yet, they have not selected who are getting the traineeships, only just notified yesterday that we have got an invite to the interview/case study day...i am unsure whether everyone that applied gets invited to this?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Looking at their website, they seem like a great place to work at.

HSC
are there any cadets with EY here or perhaps anyone who can tell me if you must do an accounting major to do assurance and advisory. I am more interesting in actuarial studies and was wondering if i could do a cadetship with EY but do actuarial studies (if it isnt too much work in the first place)

pete_mate

HSC
damn, well i didnt, my application for ernst and young was pretty shit anyway, it was a bout 11pm on the deadline date

maybe mines still in the mail :rolleyes:

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
underthebridge said:
are there any cadets with EY here or perhaps anyone who can tell me if you must do an accounting major to do assurance and advisory. I am more interesting in actuarial studies and was wondering if i could do a cadetship with EY but do actuarial studies (if it isnt too much work in the first place)
You must do an accounting major if you want to do assurance & advisory.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Meads said:
we have not had drinks yet, they have not selected who are getting the traineeships, only just notified yesterday that we have got an invite to the interview/case study day...i am unsure whether everyone that applied gets invited to this?
Oh, it must've been grad drinks then.

Good luck with the interview :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
underthebridge said:
you cant handle actuarial agent 89 :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
Me! I got the call on Friday!
I was bloody surprised: I submitted at 11.45pm on Wednesday....lol..PwC at 11.50 :D
I know of a couple who didnt though...

Who else did you apply for Meads?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
congrats dude, i applied for PwC as well...have not heard from them yet, i would say they wont make calls until Monday...it would be awesome if i could score one of these cadetships...:p

pete_mate

HSC
shit, ive lost the mobile i put in the submission.,

did they ring your mobile or home phone, do they leave messages ?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
pete_mate said:
shit, ive lost the mobile i put in the submission.,

did they ring your mobile or home phone, do they leave messages ?
yeh mate, they called your home phone, and sent you an email

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
No cadetships for me with the big 4, but i got an interview with Macquarie Bank :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)