Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

InfiniteQ said:
I recall having to sit a test where you were given a company's financial statement. You had to compare their prior year /w current year & read the additional info given. Based on this information, you were asked to list questions you would ask the client regarding anything that seemed a little suss to you.
So they are expecting you to have some corporate knowledge then?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
So they are expecting you to have some corporate knowledge then?
Well they mark according to your level (grads get the same sort of test). It's not really a test of corp knowledge because they know that trainees have very little knowledge however, if you get the position you are expected to pick up this kinda stuff so I guess testing your analytical skills.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I got a phonecall from PwC this morning as well, they called me at skool, and i got an afternoon detention for taking the call...catch 22 aye...

HSC
N/A
it sure seems like many people received the invitation for the first round interviews...does anyone know how many offers they actually made out for the 1st round interview?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i actually think this is the final round of interviews...there are no stages after this...apparently they will make decisions three days after they run these days at there respective offices...and i doubt there would be more than 50 people invited for each area of the firm...i suppose there are just alot of BoS that are high achievers :)

HSC
N/A
what do u mean by final round?
this is like the first interview thing i've been invited to, they are holding a info night next tue and the group based thing on 5th july?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
well this is the first and last round...there is not anything after...

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
Based on prior year, PwC & KPMG made more offers than EY.
from my conversation this morning, i actually think the guy said to me that i would be doing 'conquest' at PwC with only 20 people...maybe they only took 20 ppl for corporate tax? (area i applied for)

HSC
N/A
o...ic
so are you going to be there on the info night?
do u have it on the same night as i do?
btw the lady who called me up told me that 300 people applied (not sure if in total or just to the tax+legal service) and yeh...180 gained a place to the interview.

HSC
N/A
yep...it sure is confusing.

Some people got their invites earlier than others, i still havn't heard word from ey or some of the others that i applied for. But it seems like some people have already got theirs.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
holla back girl said:
o...ic
so are you going to be there on the info night?
do u have it on the same night as i do?
btw the lady who called me up told me that 300 people applied (not sure if in total or just to the tax+legal service) and yeh...180 gained a place to the interview.
ah ok, well maybe we are in groups of 20 then...and yes i go to the info night on thursday night, i assume that is the same night as you? This PwC we are talking about right?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
holla back girl said:
yep...it sure is confusing.

Some people got their invites earlier than others, i still havn't heard word from ey or some of the others that i applied for. But it seems like some people have already got theirs.
well the EY info night is tomorrow night, so i think you might of missed out on that one unfortunately...but at least you have got one at PwC :)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Meads said:
from my conversation this morning, i actually think the guy said to me that i would be doing 'conquest' at PwC with only 20 people...maybe they only took 20 ppl for corporate tax? (area i applied for)
Yes the in take for Tax is naturally less than AABS.

HSC
N/A
yep. i am talking about pwc, i am actually in it for tax+legal services, my info night is on next tue, but i did apply for audit as well.
i really wanted an interview for ey. Btw, which firm do u think is prob the easiest to get in?
the big firms such as kpmg, pwc etc or the smaller firms?
and which do u prefer? interviews or group conquests?
btw what schools are you guys from...just curious

know_it_all

Meads said:
ah ok, well maybe we are in groups of 20 then...and yes i go to the info night on thursday night, i assume that is the same night as you? This PwC we are talking about right?
i was told this morn that 20 candidates were selected for the interview as well...

the lady calls in the morn on a school day n goes..."is this a bad time?" lol
i had a double free n was lying in bed so worked out gud

HSC
N/A
babee_blu_eyez
which field did u get in for? i am in it for tax+legal services... is that the same as corporate tax meads?
i wasn't told about the 20 people group...all they told me was that there is an info night on next tue and a conquest on the following tue.
so what happens after the conquest? another interview?
or is that it..just info night and conquest?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
holla back girl said:
babee_blu_eyez
which field did u get in for? i am in it for tax+legal services... is that the same as corporate tax meads?
i wasn't told about the 20 people group...all they told me was that there is an info night on next tue and a conquest on the following tue.
so what happens after the conquest? another interview?
or is that it..just info night and conquest?
are you sure they said the info night is tuesday? because corporate tax comes under tax and legal services im quite sure, but my info night is on this Thursday...i go to St Gregs...best known for there league team...lol

conquest day actually involves an interview...that is what i was telling you, conquest is the last past of the process, i dont think people get called back for another one...

HSC
N/A
yep.. iam sure it is on a tue. maybe there are more than one session.
but yeh..whats corporate tax? it wasn't on the application form, there was just audit, assurance and tax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)