English trials? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Short answers a bit difficult :(. Last one especially wtf?? and the poem omg..

Short story- so so got 6 pages. But my idea was so band 4ish

Belonging - 12 pages band 5/6

sampag500

HSC
N/A
Not to bad... Was text three about a mushroom farmer or the mushroomer?

Chambalam

HSC
Twas ok. I mean, being in advanced its certainly not as daunting as tomorrow, plus there is a tonne more time!

Short answer was ok, but the poem was hard, I still have no idea what it was really saying.

Section II was ok, had to think about it a bit, but was quite specific asking for stimulus reference AND a focus on "place", killing any "people" options, sort of.

Last question was ok, fairly generic :\

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I went hopeless in Section I, Short story fitted in with Section II good, Section III meh... maybe a 10 to 12?

puffinmuffin

HSC
i found section 1 the hardest....what was the poem about? i just bullshitted my way through it..

sampag500

HSC
N/A
Same puffin muffin I didnt have a clue i thought it was about a mushroom farmer was that only worth 2 or 3???

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
What did everyone do for the image they asked for in "The Mushroomer"???

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
What did everyone do for the image they asked for in "The Mushroomer"???
I completely BS'ed it. I had no idea what the poem was about. I said that in the last stanza, the "tantalising and sensual imagery" of nature invokes a sense of belonging to place, i.e. nature... and a bunch of other techniques. AmIright?

LonelyWolf

HSC
Short answers a bit difficult :(. Last one especially wtf?? and the poem omg..

Short story- so so got 6 pages. But my idea was so band 4ish

Belonging - 12 pages band 5/6
wtf 12 fucking pages are you serious?

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I completely BS'ed it. I had no idea what the poem was about. I said that in the last stanza, the "tantalising and sensual imagery" of nature invokes a sense of belonging to place, i.e. nature... and a bunch of other techniques. AmIright?
Haha i think so.... I just used the creek and its personification and linked to nature like you... fingers crossed

clissold

HSC
CSSA..

section one.. okay-ish so hopefully 10+

section two.. so screwed, I wrote ~250 words of crap

section three.. okay-ish, I wrote 6 pages so hopefully 12+

so overall, really hoping for atleast 30 outta 45 and then tomorrow Ill have to kill it

umz93

HSC
I did the same thing :D I said that nature imagery is created through various techniques*stated techniques with examples* because of this it portrayed the mushroomer as belonging to nature
Short story 7 pages
Essay 7.5 pages

HSC
s1 was easily the hardest of the two sections, took me the longest. both essay and creative were easy, managed 7 pages for each. but im more worried about paper 2

x3Reii

HSC
Section I was okay. I finished with exactly 40 minutes.
I think the mushroom poem was about a guy who goes to this place to pick mushrooms. But when he came, it was all isolated and cold from winter but then in the end he realises that it is actually a place where he belongs. Thats how I interpreted it. For the images, I just said the tactile winter imagery used in stanza one conveys a sense of isolation and not belonging. Just pretty much expanded on that.

Section II was good. It was about place. My story fitted right in - thank god.

Section III was also good. I wrote like 7 pages. I think it was pretty accessible not entirely difficult.

My hand hurts after that. Now I'm fucked for tomorrow - paper 2.

HSC
Section I was okay. I finished with exactly 40 minutes.
I think the mushroom poem was about a guy who goes to this place to pick mushrooms. But when he came, it was all isolated and cold from winter but then in the end he realises that it is actually a place where he belongs. Thats how I interpreted it. For the images, I just said the tactile winter imagery used in stanza one conveys a sense of isolation and not belonging. Just pretty much expanded on that.

Section II was good. It was about place. My story fitted right in - thank god.

Section III was also good. I wrote like 7 pages. I think it was pretty accessible not entirely difficult.

My hand hurts after that. Now I'm fucked for tomorrow - paper 2.
penis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)