English trials? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Could anyone tell me ??

If the short answers is 3 marks and etc??
does that mean you have to put 3 techniques???
Because i didn't do that o_O.

Skriker

HSC
Write? lol
But seriously, I don't think they mark down for spelling and shit unless they can't understand what you've written due to your spelling.
What I was saying is

When they asked A challenge too belong can resist or embrace

I said they can do both resist and embrace belonging, would I get marked down for that?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You all wrote so much.
I wrote 3 pages for section 2
and 4 pages for section 3
Section 1 = 4 pages.
Section 2 = 3 and a bit.
Section 3 = 5 and a bit.
Advanced people were like "Yeah, I wrote 8 and a half pages for the essay." and their writing is some much smaller than mine!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Could anyone tell me ??
If the short answers is 3 marks and etc??
does that mean you have to put 3 techniques???
Because i didn't do that o_O.
Lol. Me either.

What I was saying is
When they asked A challenge too belong can resist or embrace
I said they can do both resist and embrace belonging, would I get marked down for that?
I hope not, because that's what I did.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Wat up just had paper 1. the theme was opposing pressures in belonging. i did alright in section 1. only wrote 2 pages creative and 3.5 for essay.

it was only worth 5%, i rekin i did alright. fuk but it is so intimidating with 315 other kids in the same gym doing the exam.

zipzac

HSC
was easily the most screwd up texts ive seen in all the papers.... a meat pie, a mushroom, facebook...... lol

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
im rank 2/70 :(. I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY RANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK T.T

I saw my AOS was worth 15% internal .....

Ive got 10% assestment and paper 2 left FML.

jamesfirst

HSC
short answe - poem was hard. I just said the nature provides sense of belonging.. I only wrote one point for the last extract...

creative - my story didny fit the stimulus but we'll see how I go

essay. - fking prepared an essay with 2 related and asked for 1. so I had to improvise a lot of part

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
few, Im guessing your right since your ranked 13th in english! (Must be pro) ily :) haha
I've only become pro recently and I'm still not that good because the top 5 have been consistent all year and are leagues ahead of me.

im rank 2/70 :(. I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY RANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK T.T
I saw my AOS was worth 15% internal .....
Ive got 10% assestment and paper 2 left FML.
AOS is 12% and the last thing we have is the 18% paper 2 tomorrow. I better get off here and prepare...

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
sucked in bitches, my paper 2 is next week u jelly.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
sucked in bitches, my paper 2 is next week u jelly.
YES!
I fucking have Paper 2 tomorrow, Bio on Wednesday, SOR2 on Thursday and Chemistry on Friday!!! I'm going to be so fucked!

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
YES!
I fucking have Paper 2 tomorrow, Bio on Wednesday, SOR2 on Thursday and Chemistry on Friday!!! I'm going to be so fucked!
lol. look at my timetable and cry
tomorrow - modern

thursday - mx2

next week

monday - paper 2
tuesday - chem

Friday - MX1

Qwertyuioplm

HSC
Yes, in fact it is much better to do so as in most cases individuals cannot fully resist or fully embrace belonging... there would have to be instances where they resist or embrace only to a certain degree.

For me the test was difficult: my pre-written short-story focused on a brotherly relationship and it didn't really fit the stimulus provided; the Mushroomer poem was quite ambiguous (I just made up random crap about personification and non-diegetic influence); and I didn't write my essay as fast as I hoped (spent so long on making perfect paragraphs, that I missed a possible paragraph... oh well).

In total, I did 6 pages for all sections... so a total of 18 pages. In retrospect, it should of been much longer.

mangoz

HSC
PLACE?!
Lol... I didn't read that.
Yeah my friend mentioned it after and his first in english at mai school so i'm gonna assume his correct. LOL. Im surprised no one else has brought this issue up yet. Tbh i found the short answers quite simple.

umz93

HSC
It said Place in the world, I talked about social class :D
Just realised forgot title of story FML

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Did creative first... talked about place more abstractly as in understanding one's place in the modern world. Also wrote some bullshit about the stickfigure family as a metaphor. (≈900 words/4.5 pages in 36 mins) Hoping for 13+

Did Section 1 next which I think I did alright at (≈3.5 pages). Mushroomer wrote about the personification of the tree in the last stanza. For Facebook wrote how the individual images show how important maintaining a unique identity is to achieving a sense of belonging. However, when we belong to a group our individualism is eroded, evidenced in the organization of the photos into the logo of Facebook, etc. Compared the article to the autobiography for the last part. Spent too long on this part though, will probs do it last for the actual HSC. Hoping for 13+

Essay was fucked. Had like 1300 words prepared and only had like 40 minutes left. Had to make a lot of bullshit up in explaining my quotes and having linking sentences, cause I pretty much went in with only techniques and quotes memorised. Although 1 ORT was good cause it meant I cut out heaps of my prepared essay. Conclusion was a piece of shit though. Answered the question pretty well in terms of linking my ideas back to it, so it doesn't look memorised. (≈800 words/4.5 pages) Hoping for 12+

I hope my rank is good though for this cause I wanna move into top 5 after trial. Currently coming 6th (Advanced) and separated from 4th by less than a mark grrrr.

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait we needed a title... fuck I had one but I thought we don't title it, just answer the question... ah well probs won;t lose marks

mangoz

HSC
It said Place in the world, I talked about social class :D
You don't need one. o.o, AND YES LOL MY creative HAD stuff to do with social class as well OMG HAHAHAHA i <3 my creative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)