English Study Thread (for HSC 2006) (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz.
well i juz finished my writin assessment..>.>..flunked it totally. =]

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Oh man, I hate the word 'journeys'.
I get a point.
Year 11 is about CHANGE- changing ourselves because we are getting older and heading towards the hsc. Change for the better.

year 12- we do JOURNEYS. Why? The HSC is a journey itself, our journey out of school and into a world where we do nothing but study all day and night and where we are more closely bonded to our friends and teachers.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just remember, after you complete the hsc, the journey has only begun... you still have a life to get on with. :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Riviet said:
Just remember, after you complete the hsc, the journey has only begun... you still have a life to get on with. :)
so what do you think change has to do with year 11?? Opinions.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Neither did we. We just did a topic called "Games composers play" and that actually prepared us for the analysing of texts that we've been doing in english this term.
Smart_Dunce said:
so what do you think change has to do with year 11?? Opinions.
In my opinion, not much significant to do with change.

P

pLuvia

We didn't either, we did discovery, very good start for Physical Journey :p

honeybuzz

HSC
Ok so I know this hasn't got much to do with what you're talking about or maybe it does I don't know I didn't read much of it I don't have time. I'm freaking out I have a speech on tuesday for Physical Journeys, we're doin Rabbit Proof Fence and I don't even know what I'm meant to put in the speech so I'm kinda screwed but I need a related text and soon!!!! I know theres heaps on here but are there any that stand out as being reasonably good and ones that i'll be able to read in a few minutes so like a poem or article or something PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I haen't been to english for like 2 weeks because of work experience so I wasn't even able to ask my teacher and even if I did he's a dumb arse and can't teach so it wouldn't have helped anyways

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
XD Ouch, just a little note to year 11s heading into year 12, do not undergo work experience during Term 4 of Year 11 and the 3 terms of Year 12, it totally wastes your time, although yes its a short relief from getting away from studies, its really a big distraction.

Focus on studying for now, trust me, if you start studying in year 11, it'll help you heaps! A stitch in time saves nine!

Crazee

HSC
HEY I NEED HELP IN WRITING AN ESSAY 4 ENGLISH ITS REALY HARD.
I GET SO CONFUSED WHEN I HAVE 2 START AND I DONT HAVE AN IMAGINATION 2 WRITE.
THE ESSAY IS FOR AREA OF STUDY PHYSICAL JOURNEYS, IMMIGRANTS CHRONICLE IS THE PRESCRIBED TEXT.
THE ESSAY QUESTION IS.....
TO WHAT EXTENT HAS PHYSICAL JOURNEYS EXPANDED YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF YOURSELF, OF INDIVIDUALS AND OF THE WORLD? IN YOUR ANSWER, REFER TO YOUR PRESCRIBED STIMULUS BOOKLET, SET TEXT AND AT LEAST ONE OTHER RELATED TEXT OF YOUR OWN CHOOSING.:confused:

IM OPEN 2 ALL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP ME ITS DUE THIS FRIDAY THANXXXX

P

pLuvia

Please do not post twice, people will attend to your question as soon as they have seen this post

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hey, my thread is still alive!! Thanks for the BUMP.
It's an English Study Thread here. All questions are welcome. Random questions solved. Random advice given here. :)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Crazee said:
HEY I NEED HELP IN WRITING AN ESSAY 4 ENGLISH ITS REALY HARD.
I GET SO CONFUSED WHEN I HAVE 2 START AND I DONT HAVE AN IMAGINATION 2 WRITE.
THE ESSAY IS FOR AREA OF STUDY PHYSICAL JOURNEYS, IMMIGRANTS CHRONICLE IS THE PRESCRIBED TEXT.
THE ESSAY QUESTION IS.....
TO WHAT EXTENT HAS PHYSICAL JOURNEYS EXPANDED YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF YOURSELF, OF INDIVIDUALS AND OF THE WORLD? IN YOUR ANSWER, REFER TO YOUR PRESCRIBED STIMULUS BOOKLET, SET TEXT AND AT LEAST ONE OTHER RELATED TEXT OF YOUR OWN CHOOSING.:confused:

IM OPEN 2 ALL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP ME ITS DUE THIS FRIDAY THANXXXX
okay okay Crazee, here goes *throws around two cents*

now, AOS is physical journeys. a good place to start to brainstorm some ideas about physical journeys, things like choices, hardship, endurance, persistence...all these things certainly extend ur understanding of journeys - we all thought journeys just involved going from A to B. NOW that we we learn all these wonderful things like endurance and teamwork and experience, this leads to our greater understanding of ourselves.

YOUR JOB is to tell the marker WHERE in ur prescribed text AND ur supporting texts have they SHOWN or ILLUSTRATED or REVEALED TO US these grand ideas about physical journeys. most importantly, THROUGH WHAT MEANS ==> TECHNIQUES <-- this is the basis of ur analysis.

so the next job after brainstorming is to go through the text and pick out good techiques that helped to support/illustrate/strength these grand physical journey ideas and themes and issues.

after that, ur ready to begin ur essay!

Spunge12

HSC
Are there any methods around for studying in general?

I would like some general study tips, because at the moment, my skills are poor.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Spunge12 said:
Are there any methods around for studying in general?

I would like some general study tips, because at the moment, my skills are poor.
Practice, practice, practice writing essays, take the initiative and give them to your class teacher and pester him/her to mark it, or do a one-on-one conversation about the essay and your teacher can tell you what you need to improve on.

erica198

HSC
for AOS i am doing physical journey with the text "away". I have no idea what additional texts i should do. i would especially like to do a poem. any ideas????

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
erica198 said:
for AOS i am doing physical journey with the text "away". I have no idea what additional texts i should do. i would especially like to do a poem. any ideas????
Have you looked in the Physical Journeys forum for related texts. There are suggestions at the top. It's stickied and important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)