English Study Thread (for HSC 2006) (1 Viewer)

xx__savannah

HSC
Ah.. that's the one section I haven't summarised in POM -- I could only remember condensation polymers and ethanol :p I was thinking of electrolysis, but that's only in Shipwrecks.

Hm. I need to find a sup. text for Inner Journeys. Any suggestions? I've got a novel and one of two poems for my other texts. Has anyone just beginning AOS picked all three?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm well dont be shy, there aint no brick wall in front of the english forums preventing you from using them (they are feeling quite neglected and unused atm lol)......post any hsc english related questions, queries etc in there! :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Half of the supp. texts i see in other threads are ones that i haven't seen or read before.
I need a supp. text that im familiar with.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
xx__savannah said:
I've had a look in there, but it's mostly just names of texts, and I wouldn't mind discussion on which ones seem feasible and have enough information.
Yeah, me too. I want good, simple notes on these texts and how it relates to journeys. I dunno where to get them from.
Can someone help me?

P

pLuvia

We had our first official english class, I definately know what we're doing now

AoS - Physical Journeys - Peter Skryzneski's Poems
Mod A - In the Wild - BN/BNW
Mod B - Critical study of texts - King Lear
Mod C - Telling the truth - Frontline

We only just finished analysing Immigrants on Central Station and starting on Feliks Skryzneski

We're really behind, and we have the left overs of 2004-2005 stimulus books :p

xx__savannah

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Half of the supp. texts i see in other threads are ones that i haven't seen or read before.
I need a supp. text that im familiar with.
Same. I'd love to do one of my favourite movies, Memento or Life As A House, but I don't like analysing great movies, and I know Memento would be hard.
I feel like just doing Huck Finn, and getting my boyfriend's notes from last years Standard course and adding on.

kadlil said:
We're really behind, and we have the left overs of 2004-2005 stimulus books.
It seems like no-one on here is doing 'My Place', which is a shame. It's a good book, despite the crap ending.
I think everyone must have gotten those booklets, maybe it's just temporary.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, go frontline!! My english teacher told me that it's probably the only enjoyable part of the course, my english teacher told me frontline is very funny and should be fun analysing.

P

pLuvia

Same my teacher said that Mod C - Frontline is the most enjoyable, as her 2005 class said :) Looking forward to it

xx__savannah

HSC
It seems for C, everyone on here is doing Frontline, so it makes me wonder, how can you try and determine whether Sylvia Plath is crazy through her and Hughes' poems?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Do the chaser as an extra text? I wouldnt recommend it though if you were doing Frontline as the prescibed text as they are of similar Text type.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
We've been watching Frontline - it's very good. I don't mind the Chaser either, and you probably should be able to use it as an additional text as it takes a similar role as Frontline.

I_F

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
kadlil said:

We only just finished analysing Immigrants on Central Station and starting on Feliks Skryzneski

haha we r doing peter's poems too except we haven't even started on any!!! =.=

mine would b:
M1 - Transformation emma/clueless
M2 - Critical study of text - Speeches (ARGH)
M3 - powerplay - antony and cleopatra

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We're doing hamlet, rozencrantz and guildenstern (can't spell it), and frontline. Hamlet's gonna be a hard text, my tutor said so and i believe her. At least we've got frontline to be looking forward to.

HSC
kadlil said:

Mod A - In the Wild - BN/BNW
Mod B - Critical study of texts - King Lear
Mod C - Telling the truth - Frontline

that's exactly what we're doin! mm we have an assess task next week examining 3 of Peter S's poems, an unseen visual text and a text from stimulus and how they represent physical journeys...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My school's 06ers are in the middle of their second module atm. They are trying to beat our record!....(We had the course finished in June; 4 weeks from the end of term 2)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)