English Study Thread (for HSC 2006) (1 Viewer)

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Do you think I could use "The Matrix Trilogy" as 1 related text or would I only be allowed to use an individual movie as 1 related text ?

btw this is for The Inner Journey

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hmm can anyone provide me a list ( or list some) of the aspects that occur due to embarking on the journey? my ideas i've realised are very repetitive and limited ! ><" thanks in advance ^^; ..

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
hmm can anyone provide me a list ( or list some) of the aspects that occur due to embarking on the journey? my ideas i've realised are very repetitive and limited ! ><" thanks in advance ^^; ..
just some key words and thoughts...

-growth
-development
-reflection
-choice
-hardship
-enlightenment
-endurance
-determination, courage, strength...
-adventure
-mystery and exploration
-the process is more important than the end
-change
-unpredictability

Riviet

HSC
N/A
timobr0 said:
Do you think I could use "The Matrix Trilogy" as 1 related text or would I only be allowed to use an individual movie as 1 related text ?

btw this is for The Inner Journey
If you're going to use The Matrix as your related text, you need to pick one of the three, I'm doing physical journeys so I can't help you with the text choice, but if you can find the meaning of the inner journey, then i guess you can use it for your essay.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Riviet said:
If you're going to use The Matrix as your related text, you need to pick one of the three, I'm doing physical journeys so I can't help you with the text choice, but if you can find the meaning of the inner journey, then i guess you can use it for your essay.
Another trilogy you could think about is The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, BUT only concentrate on Gollum/Smeagal, how he has manifested and changed into this ugly creature we all know and love *:p* from a simple hobbit.

if gollum is not your type, then either frodo or sam would be an equally good alternative choice to concentrate on. sam moreso...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mountain.Dew said:

-growth
-development
-reflection
-choice
-hardship
-enlightenment
-endurance
-adventure
-mystery and exploration
-change
-unpredictability
LOL you know what ?! that's what we did in class today ! list keypoints and thoughts relating to journey =p lot of the ideas you got are similar to the ones we got ! hehe thanks ..

erica198

HSC
thanks pLuiva and sparcod for your help.

i was thinking, could i do the film "field of dreams" for a physical journey if i am doing the prescribed text "away".

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
LOL you know what ?! that's what we did in class today ! list keypoints and thoughts relating to journey =p lot of the ideas you got are similar to the ones we got ! hehe thanks ..
not a problem hopeles5ly, not a problem. progress is good ;)

next step, the hard part => TECHNIQUES!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:

-growth
-development
-reflection
-choice
-hardship
-enlightenment
-endurance
-adventure
-mystery and exploration
-change
-unpredictability
Those are the words you should include in your essays.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
you can add more to the list:

-cyclic
-spiritual
-confronting
-inspiring
-uplifting
-a learning curve
-better quality of life...

kandos

HSC
N/A
hey

im doing an assignment on changing perspective

i have to find a visual imageto link john keats peoms : "La belle dame sans merci" and "on first looking into chapmans homer" and also "the door" peom.

i need help

does anyone have ideas....

also to link them??

much appreciated,

MG

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
ko0l said:
although brave new world and blade runner were composed fifty years apart they deal with the same issues but communicate different values '

discuss this statement and how ur understanding of humanity's relationship with nature and the concept of in the wild was shaped by your response to brave new world and blade runner in essay form

anyone got any ideas>?
or links to people's essays
these might help:

bnw/br - predicting the future?
help!- bnw homework q's
=Bladerunner=
Important: FAQ - In the Wild - Blade Runner/Brave New World
Important: In the wild: Brave New World/Bladerunner
Important: possible questions for BNW/BR

these might help!

cheers, MD

fairyflossqueen

HSC
okay..i dont even know if this is going to work...im kinda a new commer to this whole "bored of studies" thinggie!
so here goes....
we are doing imaginative journeys for our area of study! it is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened in my life.
i have a good english teacher...but she just dosnt seem to get through to me...and i have totally missed everything from the BOS journeys booklet!! also, she didnt explain much on the context of coleridge or his life!! so i think im pretty much screwed...unless i can do some mega cramming before the trials and half yearlys!!
anyway...im not sure if this will work..so if someone can give me any sign that it has...i will love you to death!
xox

Riviet

HSC
N/A
fairyflossqueen - welcome to the Bored of Studies forums! If you feel you're behind in English, you can post up any questions or problems you have and I'm sure someone will help you out. Anyway, I wish you all the best with your HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)