• AWD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone grows up on an FWD, but I grew up on a Daihatsu Terios (don't let the 4WD fool you- there are probably shopping trolleys which can handle equally well!).

So what's your choice?

Me? I'm an AWD fan for daily driving. I love being able to drive through wet or dry and keep the foot planted as I see fit and not worry too much about starting a bit of a slide. Even though FWD cars are usually not that powerful, it's still very easy to get wheelspin (even in a stock Civic) and RWD cars bring a whole new world of hassles in daily driving unless I'm in the mood to focus.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
in forza 3 awd is the best so i want awd
LOL I think we all will be the 'videogame generation' when it comes to buying our dream cars. That is, rather than relying on posters and marketing, we will remember our video game experiences when choosing what manufacturers to look at. I think I've posted this before but my cousins actually were inspired by the original Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 when they bought Evo's and the 300zx. The power of product placement :)

ps. I too like AWD in Forza3. RWD is fun but can sometimes get a bit risky (I don't like using the Rewind feature) if you overcook things.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
RWD.

Cause i like bikes.

Not my bike though, purple POS.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
AWD (point and go usability) for day to day but for a "sports" car I'd prefer RWD.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
yeah, one reason i bought my car was coz i thought it was the car in NFS carbon.

turns out it was the brera... bit over budget anyways

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha the only reason I still touch Maximum Tune every now and then (we're talking max $5 a month! Big improvement lol) is because my car is in the game.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Oddly enough, I grew up on AWD too, my first car (and current car) is a Subaru Liberty and everytime I drive something FWD like a mate's Mazda 3 SP23 or a Toyota Corolla, I'm always disappointed in the lack of stop-go traction in the wet and the understeer on a full throttle launch.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Haha the only reason I still touch Maximum Tune every now and then (we're talking max $5 a month! Big improvement lol) is because my car is in the game.
oh man you were the coolest person until this post

I'm yet to take an awd for a spin but I'm weighing in that saying the difference between rwd and fwd is negligible in this day and age. Launch/traction control and torque limiting flywheels give you all the power you car can give you off the line without spinning the wheels.

You can manage the throttle and braking before/during a corner to achieve the same line. And understeer is a lot more forgiving and easily corrected than oversteer.

Of course, none of this is relevant if you love doing doughies so rwd I guess.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
RWD cars bring a whole new world of hassles in daily driving unless I'm in the mood to focus.
Just a thought, with modern driving aids, I doubt the rear end could step out of line enough to require significant driver intervention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)